The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 September 2019, 12:32 PM   #271
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Did they end up delivering your phone?
UPS delivered it on a budget rental truck at 800pm today.

set up and its the worst set up i have ever had. I cant get my apps to log in. So i cant manage my home network with the app (which is the only way i can do it), cant log into the ATT internet app either. bose app same thing

I have an e sim so i cant get my number on it until i can take it to the ATT store.

I have about 100GB of files (photos, music etc) that didn't transfer via the restore from full backup from my old iPhone so thats happening via wifi now.

its a mess and im an apple fan. not impressed at all

Oh an i have an apple credit card... did that transfer to the new phone? nope. No idea how to do that as that card lives on the phone
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 12:37 PM   #272
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
UPS delivered it on a budget rental truck at 800pm today.

set up and its the worst set up i have ever had. I cant get my apps to log in. So i cant manage my home network with the app (which is the only way i can do it), cant log into the ATT internet app either. bose app same thing

I have an e sim so i cant get my number on it until i can take it to the ATT store.

I have about 100GB of files (photos, music etc) that didn't transfer via the restore from full backup from my old iPhone so thats happening via wifi now.

its a mess and im an apple fan. not impressed at all
Sorry to hear. I did the same yesterday and honestly it was the easiest set up thus far. I used the direct migration in IOS 12.4 and up for the first time and it mirrored my XS and about 100GB of data onto the 11 pro. Almost everything was preset. So far I've needed to verify Apple Pay and re-log into my email account. All other apps had passwords etc all transferred over. Took an hour.

Today I did the same thing on my wife's phone, her old 6 to my XS. Also went through flawlessly. In both cases I just took the old sim card and put it into the new phone and done deal.
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 12:40 PM   #273
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Upcoming iPhone 11 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
Sorry to hear. I did the same yesterday and honestly it was the easiest set up thus far. I used the direct migration in IOS 12.4 and up for the first time and it mirrored my XS and about 100GB of data onto the 11 pro. Almost everything was preset. So far I've needed to verify Apple Pay and re-log into my email account. All other apps had passwords etc all transferred over. Took an hour.

Today I did the same thing on my wife's phone, her old 6 to my XS. Also went through flawlessly. In both cases I just took the old sim card and put it into the new phone and done deal.

its weird... i keep getting nothing when i put my credentials into certain apps. Doesnt reject it, doesnt load it. nothing. then eventually the phone goes to sleep after i wait for two minutes

some apps say temporary error, indicating its on their side but its not because i can log on with my other phone just fine.

Error

Stuck screen, literally nothing happens when pushing the button

current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 24 September 2019, 01:09 PM   #274
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
its weird... i keep getting nothing when i put my credentials into certain apps. Doesnt reject it, doesnt load it. nothing. then eventually the phone goes to sleep after i wait for two minutes

some apps say temporary error, indicating its on their side but its not because i can log on with my other phone just fine.

Error

Stuck screen, literally nothing happens when pushing the button

Update your current iPhone to iOS 13. Then you can do the wireless setup. Mine transferred 190gb without any issues (I just let it go overnight while both phones were plugged in. The estimate was an hour and a half.

As another person noted all of the banking and financial stuff you need to set up again. Like logins for banks, apple wallet etc. My Tapatalk, Reddit apps etc were all set up

Here's an article for reference:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/hands-do...-11-or-11-pro/

Good luck!
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 01:12 PM   #275
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Update your current iPhone to iOS 13. Then you can do the wireless setup. Mine transferred 190gb without any issues (I just let it go overnight while both phones were plugged in. The estimate was an hour and a half.

As another person noted all of the banking and financial stuff you need to set up again. Like logins for banks, apple wallet etc. My Tapatalk, Reddit apps etc were all set up

Here's an article for reference:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/hands-do...-11-or-11-pro/

Good luck!
i set up from iOS 13 on my old phone.(from a backup).. i never installed it on the new phone as it must have transferred over from the backup but its running 13. both are

I have no idea if the 11pro shipped with 13 preinstalled or not

im probably just going to wipe the new phone and do a wireless setup and start over. it just is counter intuitive that a hardwired install from a full backup wouldn't be the most efficient way to do it.... but its not apparently
Old 24 September 2019, 01:30 PM   #276
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

!
update:

here is the fix.

I had to delete non responsive apps totally and reinstall. two for two so far and now they work. Its more than just setting them up again, the app cant be transferred at all as your data cant move, its tied to the other phone. My guess is its like the financial apps you have to set up again except these are trying to transfer settings over and its not allowing it.

Its the "in-between" apps. Not like social media, not quite banking level apps. all those ones i would classify as that didn't transfer over well

banking ones make me authenticate the new device and log in etc. this isn't that. hope that helps as i cant be the only one
Old 24 September 2019, 02:15 PM   #277
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Dont think you’re the only one. I had also read some ppl on reddit having issues. So far it seems using direct migration works well otherwise, waiting for ios 13.1 (tomorrow) is supposed to help those who have ran into issues.
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2019, 03:38 AM   #278
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
Thankfully mine was issue free. I really like the new iOS.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2019, 03:42 AM   #279
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Almost all reviews have mentioned that iOS 13 is buggy.

They had to ship 13 for compatibility with the new watch. I would guess that's why the issues exist and why 13.1 is ready to go so quickly.

Should fix the bugs.
Old 25 September 2019, 04:01 AM   #280
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
Thankfully mine was issue free. I really like the new iOS.
Same here!

BTW all, iOS 13.1 is available to download.
Old 25 September 2019, 04:17 AM   #281
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Same here!

BTW all, iOS 13.1 is available to download.
downloading now

now waiting on the TVOS

Edit: nope thats available too. 6 hour download with an apple TV hardwired into a connection just speed tested at 900+mbs. LOL

my week in Apple isn't going well... especially since i just got back from wells fargo as when i was resetting up my banking app on my new iPhone i changed the password to an apple suggested strong password expecting keychain to remember it. Nope. locked out requiring a physical trip to the bank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_9702.jpeg (91.1 KB, 210 views)
Old 25 September 2019, 04:41 AM   #282
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
13.1 available for iPad as well
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 02:48 AM   #283
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
13.1.1 is out.

Phone is back to its usual reliable self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 05:49 AM   #284
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
13.1.1 is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloading and about to update now. Thanks for the heads up
Old 30 September 2019, 08:18 AM   #285
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
Quote:
downloading now

now waiting on the TVOS

Edit: nope thats available too. 6 hour download with an apple TV hardwired into a connection just speed tested at 900+mbs. LOL

my week in Apple isn't going well... especially since i just got back from wells fargo as when i was resetting up my banking app on my new iPhone i changed the password to an apple suggested strong password expecting keychain to remember it. Nope. locked out requiring a physical trip to the bank.
My Apple TV updated to the new software in 4 1/2 minutes. My internet speed is only about 150 mbs
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 11:52 PM   #286
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

No problems so far with my 11 Pro or Series 5 watch. Great products! You simply cannot beat Apple.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 02:56 AM   #287
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Hoping 13.1 is better because I was having major issues with bluetooth connectivity.
Old 1 October 2019, 03:20 AM   #288
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
13.1.1 is out.

13.1.2 is out.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 04:44 AM   #289
mistral
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOK View Post
13.1.2 is out.
Just updated iPad mini 5
mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 09:09 AM   #290
M45
Banned

Quote:
5:30-9.... To pick up the phone?? Or was she having them help set up, etc.

I always buy my phone outright. Was in and out of the store (despite a line for pickup) in ~20 minutes! Think I just showed up at a good time
Set up.

She never backs up.
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 06:25 AM   #291
colpol
"TRF" Member

Collected my new iPhone 11 at lunch
So easy to set up/ migrate
Only app I had to reset up was my internet banking

Everything migrated across inc my safari favourites
Massive upgrade from my old 6
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 05:44 PM   #292
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Finally received my iPhone 11PM. It's quite a machine but coming from a Note 8 there are some serious growing pains. Whatsapp back up doesn't migrate between platforms, losing my whole chat history(disaster for a work account), no dual messengers for dual sims(just found a solution for Apple in Whatsapp Business), the os is smooth but functionally speaking it is actually not as intuitive in many many cases as Android, deleting emails, setting alarms, using the back button or the lack of apps drawer are a nuisance.
On an Android phone everything is tactile, you touch it, it acts in the same moment. As a simple example, although there are more complex issues in other applications...to adjust an existing alarm, I have to tap "edit" and then tap the alarm and then play with a scroll bar(bedtime doesn't fit into my patterns) and it could just be a mid day alarm. On Android I just touch the alarm itself and then set it as desired, with a scroll bar or if I don't want to scroll, I can touch that, and use digits. Very easy. The photos app is a nightmare. The lack of MST for payment literally anywhere is a huge pita while traveling abroad and always on display will be terribly missed.

Needless to say there are growing pains after having my cake and eating it too on Android phones for over six years. But the iPhone is staying, for one it cost $1250 buckaroos and I can't recoup that, but secondly, the phone is actually super smooth. Ironically of all the issues and things I can like on this phone, like the camera which is a massive upgrade from my Note 8, the one game changer for me is the Face ID.

It is really next level. I pick up the phone and it is open. I interact with something on the lock screen, it goes right to it(no need to go through an unlock sequence), It's as if the phone is always in the home screen ready mode. My buddy who has an iPhone XS says that the way mine works on the 11PM seems much faster than his so it must be an update to last year's model.

In software and user intuitiveness, this phone is a step back from even a Note 8, Siri is great for iPhone tasking, but is is shameful compared to google assistant in relation to interacting with elements that are web based...like being in Spain and asking for directions to the airport and getting directions with available and nearby resources for getting there and if you have a flight there, it knows it and will provide info relating to that.

But I digress....there's alway pros and cons on each platform...and Apple was a lot more intuitive in it's os or maybe android has just caught up, but in the end I actually am mostly happy with my new phone, it is an upgrade and that's what counts.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 11:20 PM   #293
NateInBama
"TRF" Member

Took this photo with zero sunlight... great nighttime camera!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NateInBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 12:17 AM   #294
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateInBama View Post
Took this photo with zero sunlight... great nighttime camera!!!

There's actually a decent amount of light in that frame.

It can do a lot more with a lot less
Old 11 October 2019, 12:36 AM   #295
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
But the iPhone is staying, for one it cost $1250 buckaroos and I can't recoup that

Apple has a 14 day return policy should you want to return the phone
Old 11 October 2019, 02:39 AM   #296
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Finally received my iPhone 11PM. It's quite a machine but coming from a Note 8 there are some serious growing pains. Whatsapp back up doesn't migrate between platforms, losing my whole chat history(disaster for a work account), no dual messengers for dual sims(just found a solution for Apple in Whatsapp Business), the os is smooth but functionally speaking it is actually not as intuitive in many many cases as Android, deleting emails, setting alarms, using the back button or the lack of apps drawer are a nuisance.
On an Android phone everything is tactile, you touch it, it acts in the same moment. As a simple example, although there are more complex issues in other applications...to adjust an existing alarm, I have to tap "edit" and then tap the alarm and then play with a scroll bar(bedtime doesn't fit into my patterns) and it could just be a mid day alarm. On Android I just touch the alarm itself and then set it as desired, with a scroll bar or if I don't want to scroll, I can touch that, and use digits. Very easy. The photos app is a nightmare. The lack of MST for payment literally anywhere is a huge pita while traveling abroad and always on display will be terribly missed.

Needless to say there are growing pains after having my cake and eating it too on Android phones for over six years. But the iPhone is staying, for one it cost $1250 buckaroos and I can't recoup that, but secondly, the phone is actually super smooth. Ironically of all the issues and things I can like on this phone, like the camera which is a massive upgrade from my Note 8, the one game changer for me is the Face ID.

It is really next level. I pick up the phone and it is open. I interact with something on the lock screen, it goes right to it(no need to go through an unlock sequence), It's as if the phone is always in the home screen ready mode. My buddy who has an iPhone XS says that the way mine works on the 11PM seems much faster than his so it must be an update to last year's model.

In software and user intuitiveness, this phone is a step back from even a Note 8, Siri is great for iPhone tasking, but is is shameful compared to google assistant in relation to interacting with elements that are web based...like being in Spain and asking for directions to the airport and getting directions with available and nearby resources for getting there and if you have a flight there, it knows it and will provide info relating to that.

But I digress....there's alway pros and cons on each platform...and Apple was a lot more intuitive in it's os or maybe android has just caught up, but in the end I actually am mostly happy with my new phone, it is an upgrade and that's what counts.
I think you are exactly right, I had a similar experience with a iPhone 10XS, I found that same level of intuitiveness was not as polished in the iPhone, I missed the back button, actually, mine is a quick swipe up from the bottom right of the screen. (Using Nova Prime). I also totally agree with the face id, absolutely fabulous feature from Apple, As it is, I am back on a Galaxy S10 but think the new iP is a fabulous bit of tech.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 02:44 AM   #297
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Apple has a 14 day return policy should you want to return the phone
No where near a return location for the forseeable future. As it is, it does provide upgrades to my Note 8 so I’ll just have to adapt.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 09:41 AM   #298
NateInBama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
There's actually a decent amount of light in that frame.

It can do a lot more with a lot less

You weren’t there. It was a remarkable image considering conditions. My point was it can take a good low light image. Congrats on doing more with less.

Old 11 October 2019, 09:47 AM   #299
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateInBama View Post
You weren’t there. It was a remarkable image considering conditions. My point was it can take a good low light image. Congrats on doing more with less.

Easy buddy.

You seem to have completely misunderstood what I was saying.

I've been using night mode for a year and based on the light sources in that picture I am telling you that your iPhone night mode can do more with even less light.
Old 11 October 2019, 09:58 AM   #300
NateInBama
"TRF" Member

Upcoming iPhone 11 Release

Ah my bad!! Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Easy buddy.

You seem to have completely misunderstood what I was saying.

I've been using night mode for a year and based on the light sources in that picture I am telling you that your iPhone night mode can do more with even less light.