The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 10 July 2017, 02:07 AM   #61
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I started getting excited but then I remembered I'd rather get the new 1815 Chrono.
Me too
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 02:11 AM   #62
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Why did Brian depart? What did I miss?
+1, what the hell happened? Couldn't wait to see what his new gifts were...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Thread was deleted unfortunately...funny stuff indeed.

But yes, he has exited permanently.
interesting, if one of you gents would like to PM me to explain the reasons would appreciate it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Is your Vout thread updated? Need a Nymphs report on the caseback. You are in Thailand and now we never hear from You. LOL!
I answered you on instagram buddy, he wrote me yesterday that he is getting the case in a few days, and as I understand everything is ready, they just need to do the assembly. Of course since I am in Thailand won't get it before September, he did propose me to meet him in Hong Kong at the beginning of July, to which I said no, we are renting a flat in Phuket, no safe, even if there was I wouldn't be comfortable leaving it in a crappy safe, so wouldn't be ok to leave it in the flat, and imagining going to the beach, boating and all the stuff you do in Thailand, with a Vouti, was just too much for me, I didn't even take one watch this time, hesitated taking the AP diver, but since I am half of the time on a motorbike here, other half in car, I didn't want to risk cracking the case, anyways I told him I could come maybe 2-3 days before leaving Thailand, but it had to be before the 14th for him, and we are leaving the 2nd of August, so big no no for me, and in August he doesn't work, so September it is. And I still don't have any pics other than the outer dial that I posted and the first engraving which I asked be corrected, really hope to get full pics soon, but he might want me to wait until September, if I get them will post of course, really hope the 14 month wait will meet up my expectations, but think it will. Was supposed to get it before Karl, but seems he'll get it before, or at the same time.
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 04:28 AM   #63
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
I was just messing with you Brother but at least we all received an education on woodworking and fine craftsmanship

Sounds like I missed a show lol
Old 10 July 2017, 04:42 AM   #64
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
think ill take either the blanc pain , or the iwc spitfire mkxv ,,,, and a new ducati
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 04:49 AM   #65
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
OP where did you get the article? I cant seem to find this as online and if this is a pre-embargo it may need to be deleted...Patek stated they were only releasing details on 12 July of the watches...cheers
As OP mentioned, the article is on the print copy of the US version of Esquire August 2017 edition pp 29-30. US residents should be able to pick up the magazine at most newsstands by now. As for non-US residents, most magazine publishers do not post all their articles online, so it may be difficult to access online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
I can't find it either. A similar post was deleted on Purists.
Purist Pro have a strict rule about not posting "unofficial" announcements that do not come directly from the source, in this case Patek. So it is not surprising for them to delete threads that are supposedly pre-release "leaks".
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 05:03 AM   #66
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
Purist Pro have a strict rule about not posting "unofficial" announcements that do not come directly from the source, in this case Patek. So it is not surprising for them to delete threads that are supposedly pre-release "leaks".
Makes sense

http://www.watchprosite.com/patek-ph...66/1493034041/
Old 10 July 2017, 07:34 AM   #67
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Basically he kept revealing private messages in a bid to defend himself from nasty and mistaken accusations he made and I had to get the mods in. Enough was enough.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 08:47 AM   #68
The B
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
the combination of the "patek phillippe - geneve" text at the top combined with the heaviness of the 10, 11, 12 make it imbalanced imho

perhaps a tiffany stamp might help in this case?

That would do the trick...wonder how many of these they will allow to be stamped...
The B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 08:59 AM   #69
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Basically he kept revealing private messages in a bid to defend himself from nasty and mistaken accusations he made and I had to get the mods in. Enough was enough.
All over paper Patek boxes too!
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 10:31 AM   #70
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
As OP mentioned, the article is on the print copy of the US version of Esquire August 2017 edition pp 29-30. US residents should be able to pick up the magazine at most newsstands by now. As for non-US residents, most magazine publishers do not post all their articles online, so it may be difficult to access online.

Thanks BJ, it was my thread on PuristPro that was deleted. It appears that PP embargo the launch till 9.00 on 12/7 but allowed this print copy to be authorised. Can't understand why u would allow something to be printed and then 5 days later you officially launch it and admit it!!! Seems they struggling to understand social media!!!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 10:56 AM   #71
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:
Thanks BJ, it was my thread on PuristPro that was deleted. It appears that PP embargo the launch till 9.00 on 12/7 but allowed this print copy to be authorised. Can't understand why u would allow something to be printed and then 5 days later you officially launch it and admit it!!! Seems they struggling to understand social media!!!
December 7th....how can they expect us to wait that long

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 11:19 AM   #72
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
December 7th....how can they expect us to wait that long
i can't say what I would like lol
Old 10 July 2017, 04:18 PM   #73
KarlS
Banned

Quote:

interesting, if one of you gents would like to PM me to explain the reasons would appreciate it...

I answered you on instagram buddy, he wrote me yesterday that he is getting the case in a few days, and as I understand everything is ready, they just need to do the assembly. Of course since I am in Thailand won't get it before September, he did propose me to meet him in Hong Kong at the beginning of July, to which I said no, we are renting a flat in Phuket, no safe, even if there was I wouldn't be comfortable leaving it in a crappy safe, so wouldn't be ok to leave it in the flat, and imagining going to the beach, boating and all the stuff you do in Thailand, with a Vouti, was just too much for me, I didn't even take one watch this time, hesitated taking the AP diver, but since I am half of the time on a motorbike here, other half in car, I didn't want to risk cracking the case, anyways I told him I could come maybe 2-3 days before leaving Thailand, but it had to be before the 14th for him, and we are leaving the 2nd of August, so big no no for me, and in August he doesn't work, so September it is. And I still don't have any pics other than the outer dial that I posted and the first engraving which I asked be corrected, really hope to get full pics soon, but he might want me to wait until September, if I get them will post of course, really hope the 14 month wait will meet up my expectations, but think it will. Was supposed to get it before Karl, but seems he'll get it before, or at the same time.
My movement has been assembled and the dial arrives on Monday. I will collect at month when i head to UK for another little PP collection. You really should have asked for a sample of the engraving. As i understand the engraver actually does one anyway and then lays it on the caseback to get an outline...doesn't just start scraping away...cheers
Old 10 July 2017, 08:39 PM   #74
Tony@KopiGau
"TRF" Member

do u want it if it is not a LE piece?
Tony@KopiGau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2017, 08:42 PM   #75
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony@KopiGau View Post
do u want it if it is not a LE piece?
Well that will be the only way many of us would be able to get it.....
Old 10 July 2017, 09:56 PM   #76
Tony@KopiGau
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well that will be the only way many of us would be able to get it.....
so the question becomes, if you are able to get this non LE calatrava, would you want to get it😏
Old 10 July 2017, 10:10 PM   #77
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony@KopiGau View Post
so the question becomes, if you are able to get this non LE calatrava, would you want to get it😏
Yes
Old 10 July 2017, 11:43 PM   #78
key
"TRF" Member

Does anyone have pricing info on this piece?
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 12:15 AM   #79
Tony@KopiGau
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes
Steady. I may want one too even not LE but again, it is LE.

@key it maybe going at 33-35k as stated in previous post and many should feel fair.
Old 11 July 2017, 12:51 AM   #80
Murcielagoboy2
"TRF" Member

I hate it.
Murcielagoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 01:26 AM   #81
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thread was deleted unfortunately...funny stuff indeed.

But yes, he has exited permanently.
Quote:
Don't drag me into that mess...I had zero to do with that thread.

Was amusing though
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Sounds like I missed a show lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
To be honest the thread was not at all funny and needed to be deleted.
As Neil suggests trust was betrayed, PM's revealed and unfounded accusations made. End of.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 01:32 AM   #82
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

5522A looks great.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 01:35 AM   #83
texex91
"TRF" Member

Oh I thought it was quite funny thread.

How we went from brown boxes to hand carved furniture to enamel pieces to banned--that was a thread for the memory.

Now back to 5522A--assume pricing will be sub $40k. But who knows, PP is the profit business, not 'fair' business.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 03:03 AM   #84
martinr
"TRF" Member

I really don't get this 5522A. Its not awful but its not special either, very plain and unremarkable and at 30K plus in steel. If it was readily available would they be popular?
martinr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 03:22 AM   #85
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh I thought it was quite funny thread.

How we went from brown boxes to hand carved furniture to enamel pieces to banned--that was a thread for the memory.
So, you would still have found it funny, if it had been your trust that had been betrayed and your private messages, put out for all to see?
Old 11 July 2017, 03:27 AM   #86
key
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
I really don't get this 5522A. Its not awful but its not special either, very plain and unremarkable and at 30K plus in steel. If it was readily available would they be popular?
I don't think the 5522A will be as popular if they were readily available.

That being said, I believe that the rarity of PP steel pieces nowadays + it being a LE piece will make the 5522A hard to get.
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 03:44 AM   #87
unknown
"TRF" Member

Are we talking about 100 or 1000 pieces
Cause I have no idea
Had these pics already several weeks ago but never had info about the quantity
Old 11 July 2017, 04:10 AM   #88
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
I don't think the 5522A will be as popular if they were readily available.

That being said, I believe that the rarity of PP steel pieces nowadays + it being a LE piece will make the 5522A hard to get.
I agree it's all about rarity and it being a LE but what about the actual watch? I own the 5524, much more interesting, travel time, date wheel, night and day (home and local) and the controversial pushers. This 5522 is boring, nothing to look at or get your attention. It's like they came out with an el cheapo version of the 5524 but made it a LE at an inflated price. And I feel it detracts from the special and different aspect of the 5524, it makes the 5524 not so unique in the Patek line up.
martinr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 05:17 AM   #89
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
I agree it's all about rarity and it being a LE but what about the actual watch? I own the 5524, much more interesting, travel time, date wheel, night and day (home and local) and the controversial pushers. This 5522 is boring, nothing to look at or get your attention. It's like they came out with an el cheapo version of the 5524 but made it a LE at an inflated price. And I feel it detracts from the special and different aspect of the 5524, it makes the 5524 not so unique in the Patek line up.
5524 all day over 'plain' 5522.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2017, 05:18 AM   #90
KarlS
Banned

It's a 5167 versus a 5164