The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 20 October 2020, 01:23 PM   #1
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Another Hands on Dropped - Snoopy 50

LOVE this watch. Another hands on review dropped on Monochrome, with some beautiful pictures.

https://monochrome-watches.com/omega...-review-price/

A takeaway from the review that I’m excited about!

“Also, since the Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” 50th Anniversary has a Professional case, you can easily swap the strap for a 20mm stainless steel bracelet, which you’ll take from your classic Moonwatch or acquire from an Omega boutique as an accessory. No doubt that with its silver dial, a steel bracelet will make for a cool watch.”

Now... does anyone know if the Apollo 11 50th will fit on the standard Professional case?
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 02:02 PM   #2
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Now... does anyone know if the Apollo 11 50th will fit on the standard Professional case?
From what I've read, it won't fit without some modification of the bracelet.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 10:35 PM   #3
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks OP, nice read! Let's hope you don't need to mod the bracelet, as that would be a big letdown.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 02:10 AM   #4
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Thanks for posting.

I'm not sure what it is about it, but this picture to me convinces me NOT to get this watch. It's a cool watch and all but the actual real world wrist shots have not blown me away. Something the color, maybe the strap, I just don't know what it is. But I just don't see picking one of these up at this point. Guess I don't look at this and see "premium" watch. Looks a little toyish. Maybe my opinion will change when the "incoming" threads get going...

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 03:34 AM   #5
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Thanks for posting.

I'm not sure what it is about it, but this picture to me convinces me NOT to get this watch. It's a cool watch and all but the actual real world wrist shots have not blown me away. Something the color, maybe the strap, I just don't know what it is. But I just don't see picking one of these up at this point. Guess I don't look at this and see "premium" watch. Looks a little toyish. Maybe my opinion will change when the "incoming" threads get going...

I mean, you do already have a sweet, sweet blue themed speedy...with an automatic movement...and a moon on it...and a bracelet!

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 03:50 AM   #6
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOVE this watch. Another hands on review dropped on Monochrome, with some beautiful pictures.

“Also, since the Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” 50th Anniversary has a Professional case, you can easily swap the strap for a 20mm stainless steel bracelet, which you’ll take from your classic Moonwatch or acquire from an Omega boutique as an accessory. No doubt that with its silver dial, a steel bracelet will make for a cool watch.”

I think another great thing about this speedy is the seconds hacking capability of the 3861!

That said, I go back and forth on how much I like it...I think I might prefer snoopy 2.0 the best!
Old 21 October 2020, 04:13 AM   #7
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Thanks for posting.

I agree - it's a too cartoony blue to me.
Old 21 October 2020, 04:17 AM   #8
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
I mean, you do already have a sweet, sweet blue themed speedy...with an automatic movement...and a moon on it...and a bracelet!

Thanks buddy! But I am looking for a white dial to add to the collection. I prefer the Seamaster 300M white dial on black rubber to the Snoopy, and being half the cost ain't so bad either.
Old 21 October 2020, 04:24 AM   #9
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks buddy! But I am looking for a white dial to add to the collection. I prefer the Seamaster 300M white dial on black rubber to the Snoopy, and being half the cost ain't so bad either.

And it has a screw down crown, so probably a better choice...I’m having sellers remorse, if that’s a thing...but I like what I’ve snagged the past month and am eyeing up the white Superocean 42!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 October 2020, 04:31 AM   #10
jnalbandyan
"TRF" Member

Watch: LNTrialLawyers.com
How do you think the value will hold up on this? I think the Snoopy 2.0 is trading at 3-4X the original retail now.

jnalbandyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 04:34 AM   #11
jnalbandyan
"TRF" Member

How do you all think it’ll hold value? I think the Snoopy 2.0 is performing at 3-4 X retail.

Old 21 October 2020, 04:38 AM   #12
jnalbandyan
"TRF" Member

Love this!!!

Old 21 October 2020, 04:48 AM   #13
jnalbandyan
"TRF" Member

What do you think - how will the value perform over time?
Old 21 October 2020, 05:16 AM   #14
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Right now the luxury watch world is going crazy! In the absence of easily obtainable daytonas, the speedmaster becomes a great very strong contender at a fraction of the price
I get the nay sayers but how many watches we said “no” to before then fell right in love with. Remember the SD4k, hulk and even the BLNR of when they first came out

As for me, I will be picking one, the history, color combo and I think it also is the first Ag925 dial omega makes (someone please correct me if I’m wrong)
Old 21 October 2020, 05:20 AM   #15
jnalbandyan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
Right now the luxury watch world is going crazy! In the absence of easily obtainable daytonas, the speedmaster becomes a great very strong contender at a fraction of the price
I get the nay sayers but how many watches we said “no” to before then fell right in love with. Remember the SD4k, hulk and even the BLNR of when they first came out

As for me, I will be picking one, the history, color combo and I think it also is the first Ag925 dial omega makes (someone please correct me if I’m wrong)

Agreed.
Old 21 October 2020, 05:28 AM   #16
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
I don't mind hearing people say they don't like it. That means more watches for others who do like it.

I think it looks great. Love everything about it. I just wish it came on a SS bracelet and the blue strap in the box with a changing tool. Can't wait to get the call even if I have to wait 12-24 months. Don't care.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 06:47 AM   #17
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
I don't mind hearing people say they don't like it. That means more watches for others who do like it.

I think it looks great. Love everything about it. I just wish it came on a SS bracelet and the blue strap in the box with a changing tool. Can't wait to get the call even if I have to wait 12-24 months. Don't care.
I agree on the bracelet comment! But, it's a great business strategy to increase the top line!
Old 21 October 2020, 06:49 AM   #18
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnalbandyan View Post
What do you think - how will the value perform over time?
I may be in the minority here, but a watch is not an asset and shouldn't be viewed as such! Watches are meant to be worn, not coddled. Value retention shouldn't be a consideration when purchasing a watch IMO. One should buy it because (s)he likes it.

Old 21 October 2020, 07:33 AM   #19
Jster
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks for posting.

From that photo, the watch looks great to me. I like it. Different strokes...
Jster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 07:42 AM   #20
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jster View Post
From that photo, the watch looks great to me. I like it. Different strokes...
Like I said I don't dislike the watch and I think the cool factor is way up there. I just can't put my finger on what bothers me about it. Thinking either the blue or the strap. Would have preferred silver/black and really think this watch deserved a bracelet/strap combo. I'm not trying to bash the watch by any means, just saying I don't think it's for me... different strokes as you point out...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
Old 21 October 2020, 08:03 AM   #21
subbie16610
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster
It looks lovely. I had seen it a few days ago on a video but your image really gives it another dimension. It seems to have a pop to it.

subbie16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 06:23 PM   #22
Dini
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/126710BLRO
I love the watch and I love that pic!
Dini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 10:48 AM   #23
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yes but you need a different spring bars
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 10:58 AM   #24
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for posting.

Dude in the picture looks like he has wolfman hands Maybe that’s what is throwing you off!

I think if you have other watches, this would be a fun alternative. This would be a great summer/vacation watch. I would wear it in most situations except something formal or solemn.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 12:25 PM   #25
Wembleyisgreen
Banned

Watch: 214270
I like the watch... but 50th anniversary on the dial?????

I can’t help but feel it has a cheap NFL merchandise feel to it.

It doesn’t scream serious.

I don’t want a watch to label itself on the dial.
Wembleyisgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 12:40 PM   #26
bhh95
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona,Sub,DSOTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembleyisgreen View Post
It doesn’t scream serious.
That's actually what I appreciate about this watch and Omega! They have fun with their speedmaster iterations.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
bhh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 02:55 PM   #27
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhh95 View Post
That's actually what I appreciate about this watch and Omega! They have fun with their speedmaster iterations.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Agreed! And what better place to have fun than a Snoopy

Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote