The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 September 2021, 12:30 AM   #1
Steve34
"TRF" Member

Watch roll purchase

Hi all

Been using a single wolf Blake watch roll for my Submariner. I have another watch on the way and after reading various threads and reviews I bought a Mirage 3 watch roll which arrived today.

Have to say for the money I’m pretty impressed. Feels a lot sturdier than my wolf watch roll and the individual sliding cushions are nice and smooth. Wasn’t sure what to expect and was half tempted with the Everest roll (which I’m sure is a more luxury feel being real leather) but for what I’m using it for the Mirage roll is great.

Hopefully helps anyone currently looking at watch rolls.
Steve34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 12:47 AM   #2
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
Personally I skip the traditional rolls and go for Watchpod which offer more protection, and are also less recognizable for travelling.

WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 01:00 AM   #3
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
Personally I skip the traditional rolls and go for Watchpod which offer more protection, and are also less recognizable for travelling.
Don’t like these cases since too much bracelet movement inside.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 01:02 AM   #4
WatchNutcase
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy007 View Post
Mine have zero movement as the watch is sandwiched between the two pieces of foam. If you have any movement on smaller watches just wrap the watch in a microfiber cloth, works perfect.
Old 13 September 2021, 01:52 AM   #5
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34 View Post
Hi all

Been using a single wolf Blake watch roll for my Submariner. I have another watch on the way and after reading various threads and reviews I bought a Mirage 3 watch roll which arrived today.

Have to say for the money I’m pretty impressed. Feels a lot sturdier than my wolf watch roll and the individual sliding cushions are nice and smooth. Wasn’t sure what to expect and was half tempted with the Everest roll (which I’m sure is a more luxury feel being real leather) but for what I’m using it for the Mirage roll is great.

Hopefully helps anyone currently looking at watch rolls.
Same experience here. I’ll be traveling again soon and like to take a few pieces with me. I decided to try the Mirage based on some reviews and of course price.
I have some Wolf boxes and they are great, but even if this Mirage on,y last a few years, I find it’s well worth it. I really like mine and I don’t have expectations that it is comparable with an Everest or capareze etc…
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 01:54 AM   #6
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Agree, I bought one to throw in my carry on before going through TSA and I don’t like how loose the fit is. All my watches are 40mm and the need to throw a MF in to keep them from moving around defeats the purpose. Would never use it with any of my PM watches…
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 03:29 AM   #7
WatchNutcase
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSol1 View Post
Agree, I bought one to throw in my carry on before going through TSA and I don’t like how loose the fit is. All my watches are 40mm and the need to throw a MF in to keep them from moving around defeats the purpose. Would never use it with any of my PM watches…
The Watchpod ones I have come with two foam inserts that hold the watch pretty snug inside, for both my Sub 114060 and Air-king it works great no movement at all. I always throw a microfiber cloth in just so I can polish the watch on the go which has been extremely handy when abroad

I always found the traditional rolls had too much movement with the watch banging around inside the case when fastened to the cushion, I also didn't like that there can be vertical play with the crystal hitting the top of the case. They might be decent for at home storage but when travelling certainly not for me, especially with how recognizable a watch roll can be it makes you a target to potential theft.
Old 14 September 2021, 11:13 AM   #8
doboy007
"TRF" Member

This just arrived from Amazon. Smells like leather, feels like leather, and tastes (?) like leather. Haha.
https://www.amazon.com/Organizer-acc...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4472.jpg (150.0 KB, 250 views)
Old 14 September 2021, 11:16 AM   #9
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
Apart from having "WATCHPOD" emblazoned on the outside
Old 14 September 2021, 02:13 PM   #10
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Here's mine. It's awesome. I got it on Amazon. It has a nice hard shell and inside is a foam ring that compresses against the watch as it rests in the microfiber donut. The watch is completely solid in there. Zero movement. It even came with a nice big microfiber cloth. Once it is closed there's even a carabiner to clip inside your bag or whatever. I use it on our sailboat and I put it in a hanging basket we have down in the cabin where I put my keys and wallet, sunglasses, etc. Pardon the dog hair. It's amazing how you can find their hairs literally everywhere no matter how often you clean! LOL

At night I rest my watch in it on my nightstand. As I add more watches I'll just get another for each one until I have a whole Krispy Kreme box chock full of watch donuts! Just kidding.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 03:31 PM   #11
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Tried all 3. Wolf, Mirage, and CaseBudi. All has its pros and cons but I use the CaseBudi the most frequently with the Mirage coming in second for local get togethers when I need something more presentable. Come to think of it, I should probably list the Wolf roll for sale as its just sitting collecting dust.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 02:19 PM   #12
Xkwazexboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDDS BLK, DJ36 TT
Quote:
This just arrived from Amazon. Smells like leather, feels like leather, and tastes (?) like leather. Haha.
https://www.amazon.com/Organizer-acc...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
What type of material is the inner workings?
Xkwazexboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 04:51 PM   #13
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkwazexboy View Post
What type of material is the inner workings?
Inside is lined with “soft velvety” material. The pillows are somewhat stiff and I would recommend it for 6.75” or larger sizes (also their suggestion).
Old 15 October 2021, 11:53 AM   #14
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
Here's mine. It's awesome. I got it on Amazon. It has a nice hard shell and inside is a foam ring that compresses against the watch as it rests in the microfiber donut. The watch is completely solid in there. Zero movement. It even came with a nice big microfiber cloth. Once it is closed there's even a carabiner to clip inside your bag or whatever. I use it on our sailboat and I put it in a hanging basket we have down in the cabin where I put my keys and wallet, sunglasses, etc. Pardon the dog hair. It's amazing how you can find their hairs literally everywhere no matter how often you clean! LOL

At night I rest my watch in it on my nightstand. As I add more watches I'll just get another for each one until I have a whole Krispy Kreme box chock full of watch donuts! Just kidding.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
This.. Great for the golf bag!
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 09:19 AM   #15
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I have a couple of the small Oakley watch vaults. These are good, I don’t think they make them anymore. I also have a couple of the large ones for my larger watches. Always pack them out with a MF cloth.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 12:15 PM   #16
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
My wife got this for me for my birthday tomorrow. It seems well-constructed.

https://thewatchstand.com/products/roll-cappuccino-3
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote