The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 October 2021, 07:02 PM   #31
emtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Thanks guys

I'm going to order the Aeron, too many complaints about noise for the Embody, and noises tend to annoy me easily so that is a big nono for me.
There's an offical retailer here who now has 200€ off on the Aeron models.

Next step is the Eames lounge chair, lol
We have these at work. Very comfortable to sit on all day every day.
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 07:07 PM   #32
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations in advance Bas. A good chair is worth it if you’re a desk jockey. Aeron is one of the best IMHO. I’ve had one for 20 years or so
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 08:08 PM   #33
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Congratulations in advance Bas. A good chair is worth it if you’re a desk jockey. Aeron is one of the best IMHO. I’ve had one for 20 years or so
Thanks bud! I'm ordering the aeron today there's a good free return policy so can't go wrong really.

With the discount I'm paying €1250 for an all black aeron, considering everyone is saying they last 20+ years that is not a bad buy at all.

Thanks for all the input everyone
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 08:29 PM   #34
Brew
"TRF" Member

Congrats. I hope you like it. The mesh can be a bit chilly in the winter, but a thin cushion solved that for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 10:49 PM   #35
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
Congrats. I hope you like it. The mesh can be a bit chilly in the winter, but a thin cushion solved that for me.

Thanks! It should be here in a couple of days

I'm a big fan of chilly! I get warm pretty easily so the fact that it is a breathable mesh is very good for me.
Old 8 October 2021, 02:56 AM   #36
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks bud! I'm ordering the aeron today there's a good free return policy so can't go wrong really.

With the discount I'm paying €1250 for an all black aeron, considering everyone is saying they last 20+ years that is not a bad buy at all.

Thanks for all the input everyone
Congratulations brother, I think it'll be perfect for you!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 8 October 2021, 10:21 PM   #37
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Congratulations brother, I think it'll be perfect for you!

Thanks buddy!
I'll post a pic when it is here, it should arrive on Monday
Old 14 October 2021, 03:05 AM   #38
SearChart
TechXpert

It's here!
So far I'm very very pleased with it, never sat on such a comfortable office chair before.
Old 14 October 2021, 03:43 AM   #39
Brew
"TRF" Member

Excellent, congrats. You might consider a mat under your chair, as the castors may do a number on your hardwood floor.

Enjoy!

Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 04:07 AM   #40
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
Excellent, congrats. You might consider a mat under your chair, as the castors may do a number on your hardwood floor.

Enjoy!

We only have hardwood in the living room, this is vinyl. And there's a clear Ikea floor protector underneath

Old 14 October 2021, 04:38 AM   #41
ajw45
"TRF" Member

FWIW, used Aeron chairs are everywhere for those that don't want to spend the $ for a new one. Start-ups come and go and the ubiquitous aerons need new homes. I bought new aerons for our office when we were small, refurbished when we started to grow and need a lot more of them, same same since they are pretty robust.
ajw45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 10:32 AM   #42
Grapenut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT(s) & Sub
Awesome, may your lumbar be supported
Grapenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 10:39 AM   #43
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Try them first. Chairs are like mattresses, subjective. I found the Steelcase Leap V2 to be pretty comfortable and went with that. Also tried the full range of HM chairs. BTW - try calling a local AD for pricing. I was able to get quotes much lower than list or what DWR sells for
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 11:26 AM   #44
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Thanks guys

I'm going to order the Aeron, too many complaints about noise for the Embody, and noises tend to annoy me easily so that is a big nono for me.
There's an offical retailer here who now has 200€ off on the Aeron models.

Excellent Decision!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 03:17 PM   #45
Kevm
"TRF" Member

Love mine. Now with two home offices, the wife wanted one too. Highly recommended
Kevm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2021, 12:40 AM   #46
SearChart
TechXpert

Now a month later, I'm really glad you guys said the Aeron is the way to go, it is a fantastic chair and I think it's worth every penny.

Old 8 November 2021, 03:54 AM   #47
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Congrats, Bas! I hope you're loving the Aeron and finding it comfortable! In my prior job, quite a few people had those and liked them.

I had some back problems in the past, and I found the (much older) Eames Soft Pad Management Chair really helped a lot even though it was designed over 60 years ago. That's what I use now.

The Eames lounge is the only chair I've ever owned that I'm afraid to sit in, lol. I scored a rosewood example from the first year of production, and it still has the original shock mounts, so I'm afraid I'll break it if I sit in it too much. I had a vintage furniture expert refinish it and restore/repair the old leather cushions while keeping the original (goose down) inserts. It definitely has that "old baseball glove" look and feel. And I do gently sit in it from time to time, but mostly I just stare at it and smile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eames_lounge_26JUN20.jpg (231.9 KB, 127 views)
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 12:09 PM   #48
JaffH_iii
"TRF" Member

Honestly, do not have Herman Miller Embody. Recently, bought the Homall Gaming Recliner Chair found it here. You can find there an ergonomically designed set of chairs for gamers. Before I had terrible back pain. This is why I decided to change. I use this chair for a month. Since that, I do not have any back pain.
JaffH_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 01:45 PM   #49
Phrank

Watch: ♕
I’ve got an HM Aeron Remastered size C as well as a 2022 Secret Labs Titan XL chair (it’s like a throne), HM is a productivity chair, you will sit with perfect posture always, but it will feel like floating on a cloud.

If you’re not used to a “good” chair, it will break your body for the first couple of days, some people tak up to 10 days to get used to it, and I mean pain lol

I was at Staples the other day, tried their Hyken Mesh chair, an eighth of the price, and pretty much thought it was a quality chair.

Edited to add: The Eames lounge post up, now that is something in hindsight I would have spent on and just grabbed the Hyken Staples chair, looking at some Eames now, spectacular imo
Phrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 03:36 AM   #50
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I’d like to know how this goes. I just picked up a Steelcase leap with headrest from my local ORI to demo for a week. Then I’m trying the Gesture. I’ll report back on that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 03:44 AM   #51
link517
"TRF" Member

Don't like the Aeron. I bought myself a gesture in 2020 for home office use based on that, didn't want to take a chance on the embody, even though I thought it looked cool. I am extremely happy with the gesture.

I should say my experience with the Aeron was a size B, which cut into my legs, maybe I would have done well with a C.
link517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 06:56 AM   #52
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
Congrats, Bas! I hope you're loving the Aeron and finding it comfortable! In my prior job, quite a few people had those and liked them.

I had some back problems in the past, and I found the (much older) Eames Soft Pad Management Chair really helped a lot even though it was designed over 60 years ago. That's what I use now.

The Eames lounge is the only chair I've ever owned that I'm afraid to sit in, lol. I scored a rosewood example from the first year of production, and it still has the original shock mounts, so I'm afraid I'll break it if I sit in it too much. I had a vintage furniture expert refinish it and restore/repair the old leather cushions while keeping the original (goose down) inserts. It definitely has that "old baseball glove" look and feel. And I do gently sit in it from time to time, but mostly I just stare at it and smile.

That’s an original Eames! Whoah! Good for you! My in-laws had one of the recent versions, and it was super comfortable. That design has such integrity, and it’s iconic for a reason.

I appreciate this thread and everyone’s helpful posts. A good many of us have spent far more time working from home these past couple of years, and the reviews are valuable.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 08:40 PM   #53
ts3
"TRF" Member

Had the Aeron at work through most of the 2000s and have had one at home since around 2008. Most comfortable desk chair I know. Mine will need some parts at some point but that's after using it daily for 1.5 decades.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 08:55 PM   #54
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post

My favourite piece of furniture as well. We have the Oiled Walnut since about 93 or so when the Rosewood was discontinued.
Old 30 April 2022, 09:36 PM   #55
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Quote:
My favourite piece of furniture as well. We have the Oiled Walnut since about 93 or so when the Rosewood was discontinued.
Hi Brian, just wondering how it held up with young kids presumably jumping on it sometimes? Have two very energetic young boys and am worried that if I get the Eames Lounge Chair and ottoman they might break it. Might wait till they’re a bit older. Such a magnificent looking chair though. Wouldn’t want to get a repro, btw.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 10:38 PM   #56
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Hi Matt

Ours survived but I will admit that in the early years we didn't let the kids bounce around too much

Here's some not so great photos to give you an idea ...

The nice thing about Eames is that you can buy pretty much any individual piece if its worn or broken. I have not had a need to replace anything including the rubber mount shock absorbers ... all original built by Herman Miller in 93. I've used it pretty much every day since purchase for about 2 hours a day (morning coffee, evening glass of wine).

Its one of those simple pleasures much akin to wearing a fine mechanical watch. Id encourage you to take the plunge. Its well worth it IMHO.

Old 30 April 2022, 10:52 PM   #57
THC

Watch: 16610M
Bas has not been on since last year.. hope all is well with him
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 10:56 PM   #58
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

We keep in touch on IG. He's still running like hell

Old 30 April 2022, 10:57 PM   #59
77T

Glad to hear he’s well Brian.

He was on back in December, just before New Years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 11:04 PM   #60
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Quote:
Here's some not so great photos to give you an idea ... Id encourage you to take the plunge.
Thank you for that! This is very good to know. My wife and I are both keen. Will let you know if it happens. Thanks again.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote