The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 15 October 2021, 03:17 AM   #61
agent_orange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinikari01 View Post
OP I'm glad and thankful you posted your experience with this seller.
I was just looking at one of the seller's listing and was about send a email for some questions. You saved me the trouble...

Sorry about your situation. Wishing you best of luck in court.
I know the court will be in your favor, for sure.
I'm glad this helped you!
And guys, please ask your friends to join this discussion and express their opinion. The more activity here - the higher it will show on a Google search for AJA Diamonds & Watches or Manhattan Buyers...
agent_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 03:24 AM   #62
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_orange View Post
How can he keep saying that the watch is "in mint/new condition with no signs of wear."

"If you feel uncomfortable buying from Grey Market" - I feel VERY comfortable. Just NOT from AJA Diamonds & Watches or Manhattan Buyers.

Regarding you "paying for shipping labels back and forth" I'm presenting the audience a receipt for the shipment back - paid ENTRIRELY BY ME.

Lol 75.54 vs. 1k. What’s the difference!? Love that this seller made himself known on this thread. Digging his own grave.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 03:32 AM   #63
agent_orange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol 75.54 vs. 1k. What’s the difference!?
:) Just pointing out another lie...
Old 15 October 2021, 03:49 AM   #64
lennywilkins
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajlikeswatches View Post
To whom it may concern, we sent a New Watch to this buyer , I sent him multiple pictures of the watch.

Reasons we took a restocking fee*

1. Shipping and Insurance

2. Checking with watch makers and authenticator that parts, movement, crown, crystal, links were not switched out to aftermarket.

We went above and beyond for this customer, most Companies do not except returns period. We didn’t set out to take a restocking fee when we sold him this watch. We wanted to sell the watch, you don’t get rich from restocking fee’s. They’re plenty of people that buy watches and switch movements etc and then try to return the watch. We paid to fully inspect the watch and paid for shipping labels back and forth. The watch is in mint/new condition with no signs of wear. If you feel uncomfortable buying from Grey Market dealers do not, do yourself and Us a favor. We have plenty of clients that are thrilled with our watches and have nothing but good things to say about us.

PS we paid him back as soon as the watch was checked over minus a restocking fee of less than 10%. Say thank you Sir. We could’ve not refunded you period.

We always stand by our product and our business is be fully transparent with our clients.
No Fakes no replicas, no funny business, not now not ever. Items are sold as stated. Pictures are provided, you can even schedule a viewing to see the watch in person at location.
You are an absolute disgrace.
lennywilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 05:54 AM   #65
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
We sold you the watch as new, it left our shop as new. I have a long history of selling on all the platforms and my reputation speaks for itself. You found us on our website and decided to deal directly which happens all the time. Many platforms charge restocking fees so nothing was illegal here.

I rent an office from Manhattan Buyers, they have nothing to do with this issue they shouldn’t be involved in this. Just because we are on the same floor doesn’t mean they have anything to do with this.
I don't think this post helped your reputation on this forum. Especially with numerous sellers here that would take the watch back without question and give a full refund.
Old 15 October 2021, 06:09 AM   #66
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
We sold you the watch as new, it left our shop as new. I have a long history of selling on all the platforms and my reputation speaks for itself. You found us on our website and decided to deal directly which happens all the time. Many platforms charge restocking fees so nothing was illegal here.

I rent an office from Manhattan Buyers, they have nothing to do with this issue they shouldn’t be involved in this. Just because we are on the same floor doesn’t mean they have anything to do with this.
Really??

that is all you have to say??
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 07:01 AM   #67
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

AJlikeswatches,

As others have stated, you continue to dig a deeper hole for yourself and your “company”.
In this case, you clearly overpromised and underdelivered. The watch you sold agent orange is SIMPLY NOT NEW IN MINT CONDITION.

If you truly care about your business and reputation as a seller, you’d do the right thing and refund him your restocking fee. I’ve a feeling the $1,000 is going to cost you much much more.

Here you’re: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=11753748 and rapidly spreading.
Old 15 October 2021, 08:22 AM   #68
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To whom it may concern, we sent a New Watch to this buyer , I sent him multiple pictures of the watch.

Reasons we took a restocking fee*

1. Shipping and Insurance

2. Checking with watch makers and authenticator that parts, movement, crown, crystal, links were not switched out to aftermarket.

We went above and beyond for this customer, most Companies do not except returns period. We didn’t set out to take a restocking fee when we sold him this watch. We wanted to sell the watch, you don’t get rich from restocking fee’s. They’re plenty of people that buy watches and switch movements etc and then try to return the watch. We paid to fully inspect the watch and paid for shipping labels back and forth. The watch is in mint/new condition with no signs of wear. If you feel uncomfortable buying from Grey Market dealers do not, do yourself and Us a favor. We have plenty of clients that are thrilled with our watches and have nothing but good things to say about us.

PS we paid him back as soon as the watch was checked over minus a restocking fee of less than 10%. Say thank you Sir. We could’ve not refunded you period.

We always stand by our product and our business is be fully transparent with our clients.
No Fakes no replicas, no funny business, not now not ever. Items are sold as stated. Pictures are provided, you can even schedule a viewing to see the watch in person at location.

Clearly not a “company”. Nobody in the business is going to charge a restocking fee. You guys are a complete joke. Your shipping fee is maybe $100 fully insured, and your “watchmaker” is going to take 5 min to look at the movement.

You didn’t do anything above and beyond, you quite literally did the absolute least you could do. Sold watch, shipped watch. Now, you get a thread about your hodge podge of a business and everyone gets to see it when they search your company name. Probably would have been easier to just not be a pile of garbage and fully refund someone when you clearly have no idea what you’re doing. Unworn is unworn, and unworn doesn’t have shop wear like you alleged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 12:48 PM   #69
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Clearly not a “company”. Nobody in the business is going to charge a restocking fee. You guys are a complete joke. Your shipping fee is maybe $100 fully insured, and your “watchmaker” is going to take 5 min to look at the movement.

You didn’t do anything above and beyond, you quite literally did the absolute least you could do. Sold watch, shipped watch. Now, you get a thread about your hodge podge of a business and everyone gets to see it when they search your company name. Probably would have been easier to just not be a pile of garbage and fully refund someone when you clearly have no idea what you’re doing. Unworn is unworn, and unworn doesn’t have shop wear like you alleged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly!!

$1000!!! O P paid for shipping. Plus I’m sure you have a case opener, if you even bothered

You skimmed him for $1000 plain and simple. What you should’ve done if you weren’t gonna do a full refund is just sourced him another 214270. I’ve had a somewhat similar situation with one of our trusted sellers here, lume plot on the dial, and the seller gave me a different watch. Plus he sent me a paid label.

You sir got greedy and did ALL the wrong things and now this thread will live forever on the net. It’s still not too late. Do the right thing and salvage this. A happy outcome might offset this terrible look you’ve created
Old 15 October 2021, 10:08 PM   #70
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He wanted an unworn watch that wasn’t polished. All new watches can have small handling marks it’s normal happens all the time. I sent him multiple pics prior to the sale from every angle. He liked the pictures and went ahead with the purchase. I’ve dealt with buyers remorse cases for nearly 20 years, this was a clear case of this just buyers remorse.
It’s common practice to handle watches with an axe.
Everyone knows that.

What a hack
I’m so glad I dodged that bullet.

Keep digging
VonSlingshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 06:54 AM   #71
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

OP,

Any update on this?
Old 16 October 2021, 08:53 AM   #72
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Just reading this post reminds me of my unpleasant experience shopping the 47th st diamond district. Save yourself headaches and deal with trusted sellers that stand what they sell.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 10:03 AM   #73
agent_orange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
OP,

Any update on this?
Actually yes!
I was contacted by the seller!
He suggested a full refund on the condition that I delete the post.

I'm looking for a resolution...but this forum doesn't allow post deletion by the user. Such things will have to be done by the moderators themselves.
I sent them an E-Mail - and now I'm waiting to hear what they have to say about that.

But honestly, at this point I don't really care. Even if they decline to remove - I have more than enough evidence to win this case in court + travel expenses + my lost time.

I look at it this way:
AJA Diamonds & Watches / Manhattan Buyers took a 1K$ loan from me (without my consent) - I hope they do the right thing and refund me ASAP.
But if they don't I'll simply collect it at a later stage with steep interest.
Old 16 October 2021, 10:13 AM   #74
agent_orange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Just reading this post reminds me of my unpleasant experience shopping the 47th st diamond district. Save yourself headaches and deal with trusted sellers that stand what they sell.
If everyone had a rule of unpleasant experience = unpleasant post such dealers would've been long out of business.
Old 16 October 2021, 11:19 AM   #75
BOA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD
AJlikeswatches - illegal restocking fee

So arbitrary. I'd ask to see the fees they paid written out on actual receipts.
BOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 08:49 PM   #76
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

The chances of you getting monies back after this thread got deleted is - ***ZERO***

Don’t get tempted in any way.
I doubt the admins would go for it either, but that’s only speculation.
VonSlingshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 09:01 PM   #77
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
Actually yes!
I was contacted by the seller!
He suggested a full refund on the condition that I delete the post.

I'm looking for a resolution...but this forum doesn't allow post deletion by the user. Such things will have to be done by the moderators themselves.
I sent them an E-Mail - and now I'm waiting to hear what they have to say about that.

But honestly, at this point I don't really care. Even if they decline to remove - I have more than enough evidence to win this case in court + travel expenses + my lost time.

I look at it this way:
AJA Diamonds & Watches / Manhattan Buyers took a 1K$ loan from me (without my consent) - I hope they do the right thing and refund me ASAP.
But if they don't I'll simply collect it at a later stage with steep interest.

I do hope that this thread stays!

Ajloveswatches is certainly not in the position to demand or leverage the conditions in this case.
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 09:08 PM   #78
Brew
"TRF" Member

I don’t think the mods will hide such behavior from the membership at the request of either the perpetrator or victim. That’s what the sub forum is for, imo.

Sorry if this costs OP some $$, but I get the feeling he understands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 01:18 AM   #79
agent_orange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
I don’t think the mods will hide such behavior from the membership at the request of either the perpetrator or victim. That’s what the sub forum is for, imo.

Sorry if this costs OP some $$, but I get the feeling he understands.
Of course I do. This isn't under my control but out of good will I forwarded the dealers request to the mods.
Old 17 October 2021, 02:33 AM   #80
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t accept a refund in exchange for deleting the post. I’d accept a refund in exchange for you updating your posts on social media to the fact that the seller finally did what they should have done in the first place. Also, seller should pay the return shipping in addition to the $1k and any other costs incurred. If they do not agree to those terms, I’d continue to pursue the issue in court and with the BBB. A formal apology would also be nice, but the law doesn’t require that.

The seller completely blew it by misrepresenting their product. Then they dug themselves a hole with the “restocking” fee. Instead of owning up and making those issues right, they denied responsibility and actually tried to put the blame for this on the buyer. The seller’s behavior is beyond egregious and potential buyers need to be aware of it, please do not delete anything. The only reason they are offering to refund your money now is because they don’t want the negative publicity that will arise from their horrible behavior being made public.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 10:54 PM   #81
ickkey
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls.....
Just WOW....... dishonest seller!!! Your post will surely cost him more in business than he stole by charging you a re-stocking fee. The more people read this post, the more the seller losses.

Good Luck poster!!!
ickkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 02:50 AM   #82
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

OP,

Has Ajlikeswatches agreed to refund your $1K plus shipping costs?
Old 20 October 2021, 08:35 AM   #83
agent_orange
"TRF" Member

The seller just deposited 1K$ to my account.
It doesn't cover the 75$ shipping cost back - but as far as I'm concerned it's enough to bring closure to this disappointing and unpleasant transaction.

Thank you guys for staying tuned and expressing your opinion on the subject!
Old 20 October 2021, 08:38 AM   #84
wesdaniel

Watch: Varies
Quote:
It doesn't cover the 75$ shipping cost back - but as far as I'm concerned it's enough to bring closure to this disappointing and unpleasant transaction.

Well, that's about as good of a resolution as you could hope for based on the sequence of events up until now.

And, we all know of one seller with whom we should never, ever do business.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 09:47 AM   #85
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:

Glad they did the right thing finally. Like someone said, did they do it because they got caught or because it's the right thing to do? Anyway, thanks for the warning and glad you got your money back...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 07:21 PM   #86
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
OP, Glad you got it back.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 09:16 PM   #87
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good deal.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 11:19 PM   #88
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Ouch AJ is burnt toast……I’d say he needs to find another game lol
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 11:26 PM   #89
jsd757
"TRF" Member

Glad you received your refund. I’d imagine AJ is already working on changing the name he sells under. He has at least three already, what’s one more.
jsd757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 11:27 PM   #90
alllexandru

Great help from community here!!!

What a great way to loose trust and confidence for 1k.

That’s why the known trusted sellers here on TRF have always 5stars reviews, because they understand truly what means to provide a full service for their customers not only for a one deal only but to continuously build and secure their hard earned reputation.
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote