The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 28 October 2013, 09:58 AM   #31
Lucky777
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
My job entails everything from hobnobbing and fine dining w/ clients, to standing in a dumpster at 4:00am, and everything in between. I wear the appropriate watch for the task at hand. So my collection includes some less valuable, but nonetheless robust beaters that can take any potential damage in stride.
dP
Well Said Dan. I have a similar job description lol!
Lucky777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2013, 02:15 PM   #32
skprd13
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675-1680-16750
I am a Civil Engineer/Project Engineer/Project Manager. I wear many hats. Basically wear any watch I want to wear. If I am doing some activity that might do real damage to my watch I simply take it off and put it in my pocket. Change my watches oh every couple of weeks. Lately been wearing this watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2199.jpg (108.5 KB, 1035 views)
skprd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2013, 03:49 PM   #33
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ector495 View Post
A lot of guys enjoy wearing their watches at work. I want to wear mine, however I do not want it to get damaged. I'm a police officer and can see something happening to it. Not really sure what the best option is? Anyone else out there work at a job similar and have any issues? Just wondering.
Retired cop here. My entire career spent in patrol. I wore a rubber watch at work. In my department personal items (i.e sunglasses/watches) that were damaged or lost on duty say in a fight or a foot pursuit were reimbursed at a maximum of $35.00.

Kinda made me want to keep the Rolex at home.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2013, 06:04 PM   #34
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
I don't think anyone at my job is a WIS so they don't know the difference between my day date and my Casio calculator watch. My boss wears a fossil that the company gave him for 25 years of service. My grandfather was given a solid gold omega for his 25 years of service in 1965. My how times have changed!! I did see one of the program managers eye balling the sheet out of my DJ a few months ago during a meeting. Potential WIS in the making
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2013, 12:04 AM   #35
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Would agree with Gaijin on this one -you might have problem should anything happen to it whilst on duty. I would reckon that any police force would discourage the wearing of a Rolex if asked or that any would pay up if something happened to it
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2013, 05:10 AM   #36
jem1947
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner ND
Work watch

DSC02269.jpg I'm assigned to detectives but have been working a lot of patrol on overtime the last five years due to cutbacks and layoffs. I wear either one my Rolex's (16600, 14060M, 16710) or my Speedmaster Pro at work. Have had no issues with the them they have been banged around, wet, muddy, and covered in blood and look as good as ever after a little bath.
jem1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2013, 11:13 AM   #37
Ector495
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem1947 View Post
Attachment 436542 I'm assigned to detectives but have been working a lot of patrol on overtime the last five years due to cutbacks and layoffs. I wear either one my Rolex's (16600, 14060M, 16710) or my Speedmaster Pro at work. Have had no issues with the them they have been banged around, wet, muddy, and covered in blood and look as good as ever after a little bath.
Love the Pepsi bezel. That is on my next to buy list. Thanks for the post. Not many of us are ok with putting our profession out there. Stay safe and keep that thing beautiful! Looks sharp!
Ector495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2013, 11:31 AM   #38
Broker Boy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
I'm glad you wear your watches on duty. I didn't have a Rolex yet when I was a state trooper, but I had an expensive watch that I wore regularly on the street. Like yours, it got banged around while I was fighting/arresting drunks, making dope busts, working accidents, etc.

If I were still in LE, I would wear one of my subs every day.
Broker Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2013, 05:41 PM   #39
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
When I scrub in the watch goes in the back pocket, well... hopefully the scrub still has a back pocket
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2013, 07:54 PM   #40
shnxx
"TRF" Member

if a leo pulled me over with a rolex, that'd be a great way to start a conversation about watches... and hopefully get away without a citation :D

Personally I wear whatever I want because workers don't really seem to care about watches anyway but metal bracelet watches are not very desk or laptop friendly so I tend to wear leather or rubber straps more often.
Old 30 October 2013, 10:42 PM   #41
jem1947
"TRF" Member

Ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnxx View Post
if a leo pulled me over with a rolex, that'd be a great way to start a conversation about watches... and hopefully get away without a citation :D

Personally I wear whatever I want because workers don't really seem to care about watches anyway but metal bracelet watches are not very desk or laptop friendly so I tend to wear leather or rubber straps more often.
Rolex, Harley-Davidson, Military= No Ticket ! (With some exceptions:murder, rape,DUI etc..
Old 31 October 2013, 06:09 PM   #42
Kevan
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one on my arm.
Today I retire! After 30 years of service as a Police Officer, the vast majority as a Detective with short spells in uniform following promotions. As a gift to myself, I have bought a GMT II blue black that screamed from the shop window a couple of months ago. For the past 12 years I have worn a Submariner for work, a watch that has drawn a great deal of attention. The Sub remains in first class condition.

A collar and tie, plain silver cuff links and my white DJ is the order of the day.

Tomorrow is the issue..... my pension clears into the bank..... I must stay away from the shop window.....
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2013, 07:43 PM   #43
Kevan
"TRF" Member

there we have it....

Old 31 October 2013, 07:44 PM   #44
Kevan
"TRF" Member

Note that I am now late for work....
Old 1 November 2013, 01:25 AM   #45
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Beautiful DJ Kevan
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2013, 02:03 AM   #46
windnsea26
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DateJust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Today I retire! After 30 years of service as a Police Officer, the vast majority as a Detective with short spells in uniform following promotions. As a gift to myself, I have bought a GMT II blue black that screamed from the shop window a couple of months ago. For the past 12 years I have worn a Submariner for work, a watch that has drawn a great deal of attention. The Sub remains in first class condition.

A collar and tie, plain silver cuff links and my white DJ is the order of the day.

Tomorrow is the issue..... my pension clears into the bank..... I must stay away from the shop window.....
Congratulations! I can't wait till I say I retire:)
windnsea26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2013, 09:26 PM   #47
johnswatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
My job entails everything from hobnobbing and fine dining w/ clients, to standing in a dumpster at 4:00am, and everything in between. I wear the appropriate watch for the task at hand. So my collection includes some less valuable, but nonetheless robust beaters that can take any potential damage in stride.
dP
Every day certainly hs it's own challenges when you're working for the mob Dan!

One minute meeting city mayors and lawyers, the next dumping bodies at 4am...!
Old 3 November 2013, 10:11 PM   #48
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnswatch View Post
Every day certainly hs it's own challenges when you're working for the mob Dan!

One minute meeting city mayors and lawyers, the next dumping bodies at 4am...!
Bidda bing, badda boom!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2013, 11:20 AM   #49
K7Baixo2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Code, Explor.II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacx920 View Post
I am a mechanical engineer and wouldn't dare wear my SubC to work. I would be too afraid of damage. The last thing I want to be worrying about when turning wrenches and doing physical labor is my watch.
I did steel and paper mill startups out of college and wore a GMT back in the mid-to-late 80's. It was a tough environment but to be honest, I never gave it a second thought.

To the OP: I glad there are good men like you doing your duty to keep all of us safer.
Old 4 November 2013, 11:42 AM   #50
fespo276
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I wear my Sub-C everyday on duty as a patrol sergeant. Never had an issue. If it gets damaged, I'll repair it and move on. I bought it to wear, not leave in my locker. In twenty more years, we will retire together. If I did not think it could take an occasional scuffle, I would not have bought it.
fespo276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2013, 12:02 PM   #51
shnxx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem1947 View Post
Rolex, Harley-Davidson, Military= No Ticket ! (With some exceptions:murder, rape,DUI etc..
Rolex = no ticket?
Haha.
Maybe I should put a rolex in my car and wear one whenever I drive.
Old 4 November 2013, 02:42 PM   #52
DCgator
"TRF" Member

Watch: DS,BLNR,SubLV,DJ2
Icon6

A good buddy in WA is a state trooper and wears his SubLV to work since bought in 2004, whether patrolling or stint as detective. Never had issues.

I've worn several types of Rolex when deployed to desert and mountain environments. Always washed off dust and sweat and wiped my watch before I went to sleep. No problems.
DCgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2013, 11:40 PM   #53
sharpmind
"TRF" Member

Get insurance and don't worry.
sharpmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2013, 08:14 AM   #54
Expl0rerII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post

Congratulations Kevan. I only have 15 years left until I retire!
I have been wearing my Seamaster on duty for the last 7 years and had no problems and will be wearing my Explorer II when I pick it up in a few weeks.
I'm not exactly on front line duty now so it's less likely to get damaged but if I was I would probably put the Omega back on.
Expl0rerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2013, 04:06 AM   #55
jem1947
"TRF" Member

Sub at work

photo.jpg
Old 6 December 2013, 08:00 AM   #56
Bassplayer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wife says too many
enjoy your Rolex off duty.

" I prefer to drink; not drive "
John Alec Entwistle
Bassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2013, 11:35 AM   #57
JimmyD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I wear my Sub C everyday to work, it's new...I have insurance through Nationwide to cover it for $8,550.00 and only costs 87.00 a year, covers damage and theft...
JimmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 03:43 PM   #58
rolhewett
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I'm a bróker at a investment Bank, i wear my 116610lv. Green Rolex almost every day, i only alternate with the same watch réplica edition.(fake) so every one thinks i'm wearing a fake always. You know...to keep low profile....
rolhewett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 03:58 PM   #59
mr.president1
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
I have a desk job and wear a suit to work. When I'm not working I'm on the golf course (warmer months) and don't usually wear it then just because I don't like the feel of it on my wrist when i go to swing the club.

I'd say where it, it's a Rolex, it can survive it all man!

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 11:24 PM   #60
anttiwi
"TRF" Member

Haven't had problems to wear watches all time.I decided that watch will go with me all the time.So everything between office to swimming/fishing to repair my bike.Some times I change a strap and keep original in the box.I prefer custom leatherstraps in any way.
anttiwi is offline   Reply With Quote