The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 July 2020, 03:21 AM   #3511
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Everytime I'm thinking selling FSLY cause it's gone so high so fast, it goes even higher!

I'm just thinking that there is a massive correction coming for this stock (-20%+) soon and trying to catch it... Maybe at next earnings where there is definitely be a good rev bump QoQ and outlook, but not the sky high bump the street seems to be expecting with the way the stock is going at the moment.
If you got in early, I would stay in. My avg is $45, and I'm up over 120% now.

If I see it correct down to 90%, I'll pull. Otherwise, I truly do believe that this company is doing things that is a requirement for any business trying to survive in the future. Everything is shifting to online, and COVID has only increased the pace at which that is happening (look at what's going on with Brooks Brothers, Bed Bath, etc.).

FSLY's clientele is top notch, and I see bigger things to come from them.
Old 10 July 2020, 03:24 AM   #3512
calh22a
Banned

Anyone familiar with APPS (Digital Turbine). Opened a small position after doing some research on it. Just wanted to see if anyone else is familiar with or has been in this one before.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 08:26 AM   #3513
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Everytime I'm thinking selling FSLY cause it's gone so high so fast, it goes even higher!

I'm just thinking that there is a massive correction coming for this stock (-20%+) soon and trying to catch it... Maybe at next earnings where there is definitely be a good rev bump QoQ and outlook, but not the sky high bump the street seems to be expecting with the way the stock is going at the moment.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...is-fastly.aspx

No one should give anyone investment advice on an Internet forum. However no one ever went broke taking a profit. Hell of a short squeeze currently, but competitors better capitalized on the horizon. High enterprise value for low margins. But who knows in this detached from reality in denial market.
cornerstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 08:53 AM   #3514
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,116520,SLA19
Quote:
Originally Posted by calh22a View Post
Anyone familiar with APPS (Digital Turbine). Opened a small position after doing some research on it. Just wanted to see if anyone else is familiar with or has been in this one before.

One of my bigger position at 8K shares. Been slowly accumulating since $6.80 and held through earnings 6-8 weeks back. Profitable and legitimate business with dividends. Scalable without incurring a lot of overhead. Its one of the more resilient stock I own during down days. Competitors are trading at 55X P/S while they are at 28X.

What’s not to like?
chsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 10:33 AM   #3515
calh22a
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsu74 View Post
One of my bigger position at 8K shares. Been slowly accumulating since $6.80 and held through earnings 6-8 weeks back. Profitable and legitimate business with dividends. Scalable without incurring a lot of overhead. Its one of the more resilient stock I own during down days. Competitors are trading at 55X P/S while they are at 28X.

What’s not to like?
Agreed, APPS seems like a solid company with room for more growth. Will likely continue to add to my position.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 10:51 AM   #3516
JParm

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/viru...a-mahajan.html

Karen Finerman said it best today - "where else are you going to hide the money in the market?".

We all know the Nasdaq has ballooned and should probably course correct, that just doesn't look to be in play with closures back into play. It just doesn't make sense to pile into cyclicals right now when you can still make money in tech and the stay-at-home play.
Old 10 July 2020, 12:43 PM   #3517
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Just keep buying Amazon and gold. If the market collapses gold will still be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 12:25 AM   #3518
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
Just keep buying Amazon and gold. If the market collapses gold will still be there.

Lol that is probably the safest strategy can’t say I disagree. Gold is tricky because of the high premiums makes it hard to actually make money even when it goes up in value. Nonetheless I bought a bunch months ago and now I am in the green.

AshCashEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 12:33 AM   #3519
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshCashEmAll View Post
Lol that is probably the safest strategy can’t say I disagree. Gold is tricky because of the high premiums makes it hard to actually make money even when it goes up in value. Nonetheless I bought a bunch months ago and now I am in the green.

That's why I buy gold mining stocks instead. For example, (all made-up numbers), let's say it costs $1000 to mine 1oz of gold, which can be sold at $1500. That's $500 profit. Now let's say gold goes up to $1800, AND oil costs decline, making mining cost cheaper, say $800. Now profit is $1000, or an increase of 100%, while gold increased by only a bit.

Gold miner ERs coming out in the next few weeks, and I think they will surprise. If you look at a few big examples, NEM, GOLD, they are pretty under-priced IMO. GDX gives good broad exposure. BTG is a smaller one that last ER had record revenue, record cash flow, record low operating costs and doubled their dividend and maintained guidance, and that was before gold was way up and before they could take advantage of cheap oil. I'm in GDX and BTG.

So to me, gold miners are indeed a gold mine waiting to be uncovered this earnings season.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 01:16 AM   #3520
JParm

Great day to add / buy calls today.

Nice to see the DOW up, and also nice to have a buying opportunity in the tech space.
Old 11 July 2020, 03:17 AM   #3521
logo
"TRF" Member

I've mentioned Cloudflare (NET) on here before, and have been holding strong for several months now - it is a relatively undervalued cloud stock (in my view) focused on content delivery networks (CDNs). In this regard they are similar to FSLY, but there are differences: FSLY focuses more on dynamic content delivery (e.g. live video) while NET focuses more on integrated cloud security within the CDN, which FSLY does not have. Also some differences in their billing structure. Clients include Shopify, MIT, US Politician websites, 23&Me etc. to name a few. NET has a higher annual revenue, better cash/debt position, a larger network map, more clients and in my opinion the security aspect is critical.

Anyways, JPM has upgraded their PT to 52, after Piper Sandler upgraded them earlier this week to 41. They've gone from 18ish around March to >40 currently. Do your DD, but I think it's a good company.

https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.p...m--at-JPMorgan

https://seekingalpha.com/news/358863...ommerce-demand
Old 11 July 2020, 03:54 AM   #3522
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
Great day to add / buy calls today.

Nice to see the DOW up, and also nice to have a buying opportunity in the tech space.

Thinking about adding position to FSLY. Talk about a dip...

Old 11 July 2020, 04:13 AM   #3523
JParm

Quote:

I bought calls. Happy with my current position / entry, so now just looking at options on dips for FSLY.
Old 11 July 2020, 04:31 AM   #3524
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
The reason for todays pullback... Definitely stings a bit, but planning to hold.

Fastly's Stock Pulls Back After BofA Analyst Swings To Bearish From Bullish

Shares of Fastly Inc. (FSLY) sank 5.8% in morning trading, putting them on track to snap a streak of 3-straight record closes, after BofA Securities analyst Tal Liani swung to bearish from bullish on provider of real-time content delivery network services, citing valuation concerns. The stock has rocketed nearly fivefold (up 382%) year to date, compared with a 2.3% decline in the S&P 500 , as investors view the company as a COVID-19 beneficiary. Liani downgraded Fastly to underperform from buy, but raised its stock price target to $90, which is 6.9% below current levels, from $50, saying that while fundamentals are intact, valuation has become difficult to justify after the this year's run up. He said Fastly's new initiatives may take time to materialize, and "risks around execution and competition remain and are not reflected in the current valuation
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 04:48 AM   #3525
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post
The reason for todays pullback... Definitely stings a bit, but planning to hold.

Fastly's Stock Pulls Back After BofA Analyst Swings To Bearish From Bullish

Shares of Fastly Inc. (FSLY) sank 5.8% in morning trading, putting them on track to snap a streak of 3-straight record closes, after BofA Securities analyst Tal Liani swung to bearish from bullish on provider of real-time content delivery network services, citing valuation concerns. The stock has rocketed nearly fivefold (up 382%) year to date, compared with a 2.3% decline in the S&P 500 , as investors view the company as a COVID-19 beneficiary. Liani downgraded Fastly to underperform from buy, but raised its stock price target to $90, which is 6.9% below current levels, from $50, saying that while fundamentals are intact, valuation has become difficult to justify after the this year's run up. He said Fastly's new initiatives may take time to materialize, and "risks around execution and competition remain and are not reflected in the current valuation
FSLY was downgraded by Citi yesterday, down 3% pre-market before ending around 7% up. That was yesterday.

I don't worry too much about the analyst upgrades / downgrades; take a look at what the company had to say post-Q1 earnings and their ability to increase guidance at a time when other firms won't even provide it.

I posted an article written by an NYU business prof. awhile back about valuations and what they actually mean. It's hard to look at a growth company like FSLY and say "that valuation is absurd". Ok...well, let's take a look at TSLA for that matter.

FSLY's product is here to stay, and is a need for the future. Any LONG-TERM investor who is blind to that fact should probably not invest in Fastly.

Take today's price action as a gift; I know I have.
Old 11 July 2020, 05:00 AM   #3526
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
FSLY was downgraded by Citi yesterday, down 3% pre-market before ending around 7% up. That was yesterday.

I don't worry too much about the analyst upgrades / downgrades; take a look at what the company had to say post-Q1 earnings and their ability to increase guidance at a time when other firms won't even provide it.

I posted an article written by an NYU business prof. awhile back about valuations and what they actually mean. It's hard to look at a growth company like FSLY and say "that valuation is absurd". Ok...well, let's take a look at TSLA for that matter.

FSLY's product is here to stay, and is a need for the future. Any LONG-TERM investor who is blind to that fact should probably not invest in Fastly.

Take today's price action as a gift; I know I have.
Agreed on all accounts.
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 05:14 AM   #3527
JParm

Quote:

Quote:
I bought calls. Happy with my current position / entry, so now just looking at options on dips for FSLY.
I lied...I bought calls AND added more to my position. -10% was too big of a dip not too.
Old 11 July 2020, 05:28 AM   #3528
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Hehe...I had to add also 10% was an absurd dip

Old 11 July 2020, 06:39 AM   #3529
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,116520,SLA19
Quote:
Originally Posted by calh22a View Post
Agreed, APPS seems like a solid company with room for more growth. Will likely continue to add to my position.

https://mobile.twitter.com/digitaltu...137722368?s=20
chsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 06:45 AM   #3530
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
I am short Tesla shorts.

I am short shorts. I am long.

Once it gets listed by S&P 500 and past battery day. This could go to $2000/$2500.

It could also go back to $750.
Bearxj86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 02:05 PM   #3531
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Once it gets listed by S&P 500 and past battery day. This could go to $2000/$2500.

It could also go back to $750.

Literally unbelievable where Tesla has come to... its doubled in price and I can’t imagine that there was actually an increase in sales to justify this.

Old 13 July 2020, 09:42 PM   #3532
JParm

https://www.barrons.com/articles/the...?mod=hp_LATEST

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/st...S%3D1594640238

Who's right here? The one article pointing to Q2 earnings as the "day" of reckoning, or the article saying investors / the market is in a "it could have been worse" phase and will continue up?

I'm in the latter camp, and do believe earnings will be a boon for tech / digital transformation stocks out there.
Old 13 July 2020, 10:13 PM   #3533
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
https://www.barrons.com/articles/the...?mod=hp_LATEST

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/st...S%3D1594640238

Who's right here? The one article pointing to Q2 earnings as the "day" of reckoning, or the article saying investors / the market is in a "it could have been worse" phase and will continue up?

I'm in the latter camp, and do believe earnings will be a boon for tech / digital transformation stocks out there.
Lots to digest here, back to work this morning

I am still in watch and wait mode, taking profits where I can. We are too high in my opinion and I want to have cash available
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 10:16 PM   #3534
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Lots to digest here, back to work this morning

I am still in watch and wait mode, taking profits where I can. We are too high in my opinion and I want to have cash available
Welcome back - hope the vacation was enjoyable!

Guess we'll see how the banks affect everything this first week of earnings.
Old 13 July 2020, 10:50 PM   #3535
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Welcome back - hope the vacation was enjoyable!

Guess we'll see how the banks affect everything this first week of earnings.
Thanks, agreed. Watch the loan loss reserves. I have already averaged down in WFC and will buy more if they drop again
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 10:59 PM   #3536
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

the hype and fomo around tesla right now really looks like bitcoin in 2017 lol
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 11:16 PM   #3537
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post

I definitely feel the fomo but I keep telling myself that it’s too risky to buy at this price.

Old 13 July 2020, 11:21 PM   #3538
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I definitely feel the fomo but I keep telling myself that it’s too risky to buy at this price.

It was too risky to buy at 700 too. This quarter better blow us all away to justify the valuation, but I doubt that will happen. More likely Elon will pump up whatever numbers he has as “future potential”, but for Elon, a person wanting to colonize Mars, future looking means 100 years.
Old 13 July 2020, 11:41 PM   #3539
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
It was too risky to buy at 700 too. This quarter better blow us all away to justify the valuation, but I doubt that will happen. More likely Elon will pump up whatever numbers he has as “future potential”, but for Elon, a person wanting to colonize Mars, future looking means 100 years.

I’m sure at this rate it’ll be in the 2000 range by end of week...

Old 14 July 2020, 12:03 AM   #3540
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
So true.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote