The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 November 2019, 01:46 AM   #1
buddy13
"TRF" Member

Watch: Orient star 300m
Sinn 206 Arktis?

I had bought the very last 203 from Sinn Factory Frankfurt when I was there a number of years ago. It had German date wheel and solid caseback and was what I consider a fabulous tool watch .

I ended up selling it, as I did not find the pushers, with their small amount of side to side wiggle (unscrewed) to be on par with the rest of the watch .

I certainly miss having a dive chrono in my small collection .

What's your take on the new 206 Arktis? Any one have experience with the D3 pushers system if these are any better than the old system?

The price is getting quite up there now too...this is slightly used SMP-C Chrono territory to be honest. One of my favourites Chronos, which sadly I never got the chance to own.

I really love the no nonsense tool watch design and its useful features, to be honest, this is the first time I'm even considering a dive watch with a display back (sorry I can't stand them). A solid case back with a soft iron cover is what I like.

What other Diver Chronos do you have/love? Which pushers can be used underwater.
buddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2019, 05:28 PM   #2
Wazdakka
"TRF" Member

I used to have a Sinn U1000; which is an excellent dive chrono, assuming you can stomach the size. I could not and ultimately sold it after a few years of never wearing it.

You could use the chrono pushers all the way down to 1000m underwater though, so no side to side wiggle, that’s for sure ;)

Otherwise I think Omega, as you mentioned, and IWC make some great dive chronos, and the new Oris ‘65 Dive chronos are quite attractive as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wazdakka is offline   Reply With Quote