The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 February 2006, 03:47 PM   #1
MiamiRolex

Seiko Orange Monster

I never thought I would get this way but now that I have bought my Rolex I find myself looking at everyones wrist. It is really getting annoying.. I am becoming a watch addict.. I now want to buy a another watch. I want something sporty that would be more of a beater than my DJ.. I have fallen in love with both the black and orange seiko monsters. Since my DJ has a black dial I think I want to switch it up and buy the orange monster.... I read here that they can go for about 187 bucks which sound like a great deal considering the reviews I have read. But on the net I have seen them as high as 400 dollars! What would be a good price for this rugged beuty??
MiamiRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2006, 03:54 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Just bear in mind that before you buy any ORANGE coloured watch on this forum, there is a certain mod who's highly allergic to that colour.

I was shot at, spat at, abused, cursed, stomped on and several other unimaginable things for merely posting a watch with a HALF orange bezel. I shudder to think what will happen to you if you post a picture with a FULL ORANGE DIAL.....

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2006, 03:56 PM   #3
MiamiRolex

Are you talking about the Orange Omega??? If thats your watch then I must say that I feel in love with it.. It is a loud and obnoxious color but I like it!!
Old 7 February 2006, 03:58 PM   #4
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of watch addiction. S*cks, doesn't it I want to get every friggin watch I see anymore John (Atomic) should be around tomorrow, he can probably steer you in the right direction for the monster.
And pay no attention to JJ's post, he just happened to buy a really UGLY watch plus we really like annoying him. You shouldn't have any problems with the Seiko pic's though
Old 7 February 2006, 08:18 PM   #5
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Same thing here with looking at everyone's wrists. It's kind of like when girls look at each other's diamonds.

The Seiko monsters can be had on fleabay, normally for less than $140. remember, buy the seller.
Old 7 February 2006, 08:26 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
You can get monsters now in black,blue, orange, and yellow,a great tough watch.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2006, 11:31 PM   #7
Atomic

Paulie is right. Monsters (orange and black) can be had on fleabay for around or under US$140. And as Paul said, buy the seller first.

Keep in mind, the watch lives up to it's name. It's BIG, especially compared to a DJ. It's 42mm across and 13mm thick. When you put an orange dial on it, that watch is REALLY in your face. Initially I wanted an OM but then I thought about how 'loud' that watch is and went for the black instead. And I have a black dial ExpII.... Believe me, you can have a black dial Rolex and a BM and there is a HUGE difference. Not to talk you out of an OM. Just a word of caution.

If you want a yellow monster, or a blue monster, they are limited editions. Blues start around $400 and I've seen some yellows going for close to $1,000!!!

But it's a great, tough watch. You would be hard pressed to find a better watch for under a grand.
Old 7 February 2006, 11:39 PM   #8
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRolex
I never thought I would get this way but now that I have bought my Rolex I find myself looking at everyones wrist. It is really getting annoying.. I am becoming a watch addict.. I now want to buy a another watch. I want something sporty that would be more of a beater than my DJ.. I have fallen in love with both the black and orange seiko monsters. Since my DJ has a black dial I think I want to switch it up and buy the orange monster.... I read here that they can go for about 187 bucks which sound like a great deal considering the reviews I have read. But on the net I have seen them as high as 400 dollars! What would be a good price for this rugged beuty??
Welcome to the wonderful world of watch addiction, Gabe. It's a burden all of us here on TRF bear, some better than others.

Most of us, unfortunately, go even crazier over time with this problem. Witness JJ. A prime example of watch addiction gone completely round the bend.

I will ask one small favor of you. If you do happen to get one of those fugly orange thingies (whether it be a Seiko Orange Monster or an Omega Orange PO),

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

DO NOT POST ANY PICTURES OF IT.

Some of us cannot tolerate any more pictures of those things on this forum.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2006, 11:58 PM   #9
Atomic

Don't listen to Ed. He's got a phobia or something. While the Omega pumpkin is a fugly watch, the OM is a beast of a tool watch and good looking (and orange is the most identifyable colour while under water).

Post pix when you get it.
Old 8 February 2006, 12:04 AM   #10
MiamiRolex

I will start a thread named "attention Rolex Rock" that will filled with close up pics of the orange monster!!!!

Seriously, I dont mind the watch being big. I am pretty stocky so the watch will look fine on me. The only thing that would make me buy the black instead is the fact that I can probably guide airplanes down to the runway with the orange.

Thanks guys, I will be checking out E-bay

Last edited by MiamiRolex; 8 February 2006 at 12:04 AM..
Old 8 February 2006, 12:28 AM   #11
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
:) Welcome to TRF Gabriel

Have fun and post reguarly

Earl
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2006, 04:22 AM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
I will start a thread named "attention Rolex Rock" that will filled with close up pics of the orange monster!!!!

Seriously, I dont mind the watch being big. I am pretty stocky so the watch will look fine on me. The only thing that would make me buy the black instead is the fact that I can probably guide airplanes down to the runway with the orange.

Thanks guys, I will be checking out E-bay
You should fit in well with this mad crowd, Gabriel!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2006, 10:10 AM   #13
MiamiRolex

If I "fit" in with this crowd then Im in trouble..... J/K... You guys have been great.
Old 8 February 2006, 11:42 AM   #14
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
If I "fit" in with this crowd then Im in trouble..... J/K... You guys have been great.
You wanna see how great we are? Just post a picture of one of those Orange POSs.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2006, 12:53 PM   #15
C.J.
"TRF" Member

MR, I just found this site. I don't know anything about the seller, or the watch for that matter but I thought you may want to check it out.
http://www.roachman.com/seiko/diver/SKX779.html
Old 8 February 2006, 08:30 PM   #16
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
MR, I just found this site. I don't know anything about the seller, or the watch for that matter but I thought you may want to check it out.
http://www.roachman.com/seiko/diver/SKX779.html
That's waaaaayyyyyyyy too much for it
Old 8 February 2006, 11:33 PM   #17
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman
That's waaaaayyyyyyyy too much for it
Agreed. Man that orange is in your face, but I like it.
Old 9 February 2006, 12:53 AM   #18
RobDad

Like the monster, hate the crown

I owned a black monster for a day, sent it back as the crown threads seemed to be stripping. Anyone else found this with 'cheap' watches? - aside from that one (fundamental) flaw, it was a really great 'beater' - but I'll stick with my 16610 for now - just couldn't imagine leaving the Sub in a drawer, re-setting the day and date on the monster, having to shake it to get it going......... - if you never wear it, it ain't cheap!
RobDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2006, 01:19 AM   #19
MiamiRolex

Im a bit torn between the orange and black. The orange I think as a nice sporty look to it while the black has this tough as nails look... I think I might pass by the mall today and check them out on my wrist..