The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 22 July 2019, 11:30 PM   #31
mobius999
"TRF" Member

Well this is disappointing to read. I am just getting into collecting and heard the Hamilton Khaki is one of the best swiss automatics in the sub $1k bracket. Was going to pick one up today.
mobius999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 11:24 PM   #32
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius999 View Post
Well this is disappointing to read. I am just getting into collecting and heard the Hamilton Khaki is one of the best swiss automatics in the sub $1k bracket. Was going to pick one up today.
You should pickup that watch. Given the market conditions today, Hamilton is probably one of the best watches. Essentially you're getting something a-la IWC for a fraction of the price.

As stated above, the AR is not a big deal and you can change the strap. Don't forget that until recent iteration of Rolex models, most of the Rolex tool models were not perfect either.
Old 4 December 2019, 07:30 AM   #33
bjlev
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM 305
That’s ashame and frustrating to hear, always been interested in Hamilton but this certainly would make me think twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bjlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 12:21 PM   #34
Thrasher36
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 216570
I forgot about this Thread. The Crystal has double AR on it now and I had a new Strap made to fit my XL wrist, I also got a good quality army green Nato for it so it looks more like a FIELD WATCH. I did end up sending it back to Hamilton/Swatch in Culver City and after a couple months of waiting it came back and the warranty receipt said Movement repair. So the clicking was a Defect. I'm currently having a Green Canvas strap made for it.

Thrasher36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 05:02 AM   #35
JesseBertone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlev View Post
That’s ashame and frustrating to hear, always been interested in Hamilton but this certainly would make me think twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat. They look beautiful but the quality seems to be decent at best. Maybe i'll get one second hand and see how many issues i end up having with it.
JesseBertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 08:43 PM   #36
WizardWatch
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your review.
WizardWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 03:13 AM   #37
Thrasher36
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 216570
Just as a follow up, Rotor is now spinning when winding...I might as well put a A2824 in this. Really I have never been so disappointed in such a good looking watch and now outside 2 year warranty. I can at least now send it to real watch maker rather than the clowns at Hamilton.
Thrasher36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 08:41 PM   #38
AG23
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear about the problems you’ve had- that makes me frustrated just reading about it.

I hope you get it sorted and can enjoy it, but would understand if it stretched your patience to breaking point.

Any pics on the other straps? Not that I’m thinking of buying after this thread...
AG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 07:06 PM   #39
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher36 View Post
Just as a follow up, Rotor is now spinning when winding...I might as well put a A2824 in this. Really I have never been so disappointed in such a good looking watch and now outside 2 year warranty. I can at least now send it to real watch maker rather than the clowns at Hamilton.
One or both of the reversing wheels in the automatic module will be toast when the rotor spins when winding. Could be a very quick fix if that is all that's wrong.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote