The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 September 2019, 07:02 AM   #31
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

I’m pretty sure steel dress watches are the next big thing.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2019, 09:14 PM   #32
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Hoping they come up with a rattrapante, fuodroyante and retour-en-vol CDV all in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 03:21 AM   #33
capote
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Good move, now bring the 222 back!
capote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 11:08 AM   #34
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
This piece is so balanced and beautiful. Those lugs.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 11:19 AM   #35
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I think this is a gorgeous watch. I just can't see myself buying a dress watch anymore. But it is a great buy for those who like dress watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
This is a watch I've long admired, now offered in SS for 40k. With VC's typical discounts, this will be a heavy contender.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2019/09/vac...che-steel.html
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 12:11 PM   #36
d11n
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
After looking at the new model and comparing pics with the platinum version, I still prefer the latter, but it's become harder to justify the leap in price.
agree...the blue track and band is really nice, I've tried it on a few times, it wears great...but I have hesitated on price.
d11n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 05:32 AM   #37
chunkythebulldog
"TRF" Member

Enquired with my AD about this watch, he was saying it's boutique only. Anybody else heard this?
chunkythebulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 12:33 PM   #38
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
Enquired with my AD about this watch, he was saying it's boutique only. Anybody else heard this?
It is not a boutique exclusive watch:
https://www.vacheron-constantin.com/...000a-b582.html

VC mentions if a watch is a boutique exclusive:
https://www.vacheron-constantin.com/...000r-b519.html

Your AD is wrong.
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 02:43 PM   #39
impinth06
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was in a boutique this past week and they said it’s a boutique only. This should not be true as it was not labeled that way on the website. I don’t want to confront the nice guy there so I stopped asking
impinth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 04:37 PM   #40
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Although there were rumors of this, I honestly didn't think it would actually happen. I was predicting a white gold version with either a grey or salmon dial.

I honestly have mixed feelings about this steel release. On the one hand, steel watches are hot and it generates buzz for the brand. On the other hand, however, it seems like somewhat of a betrayal to PM owners and this could be seen as a move that cheapens the brand.

The Cornes de Vache has been on my radar since it debuted in platinum and is currently #1 on my want list. When the steel version was released, I looked at it, the gold version, and the platinum version together at a local dealer. All are gorgeous in their own right. The steel version is clearly the best value but there's something to be said for the weight of the precious metal versions. I'm still wanting the platinum version new at a substantial discount.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 09:05 PM   #41
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impinth06 View Post
I was in a boutique this past week and they said it’s a boutique only. This should not be true as it was not labeled that way on the website. I don’t want to confront the nice guy there so I stopped asking
It’s not boutique only. Saw one in a case at Cellini in NYC a couple weeks ago (it’s advertised on their website as being available as well).

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 09:09 PM   #42
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justindo View Post
Although there were rumors of this, I honestly didn't think it would actually happen. I was predicting a white gold version with either a grey or salmon dial.

I honestly have mixed feelings about this steel release. On the one hand, steel watches are hot and it generates buzz for the brand. On the other hand, however, it seems like somewhat of a betrayal to PM owners and this could be seen as a move that cheapens the brand.

The Cornes de Vache has been on my radar since it debuted in platinum and is currently #1 on my want list. When the steel version was released, I looked at it, the gold version, and the platinum version together at a local dealer. All are gorgeous in their own right. The steel version is clearly the best value but there's something to be said for the weight of the precious metal versions. I'm still wanting the platinum version new at a substantial discount.
This watch deserves a salmon dial variant.

I think the dial and markers on the steel are different enough where you can spot the difference between the platinum. The lighter minute track is a dead giveaway. I still prefer the YG anyway. Not a fan of the grayish dial on the steel.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2019, 03:09 PM   #43
impinth06
"TRF" Member

Visited VC boutique in Costa Mesa, Miami, and NYC within the past 4 weeks. I was told by all three locations there were very few pieces initially sent to US and were all sold. The next wave of delivery would be in 6 - 9 month, one location told me they stop taking orders because allocation after Sep 2020 are still unknown.

Looks like a big hit! Well done.

Edit: Hodinkee also sold out a while ago https://shop.hodinkee.com/collection...31408163323979
impinth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 07:29 AM   #44
chunkythebulldog
"TRF" Member

Anybody picked one of these up? Just been offered a 20% discount on it, is that a good or bad discount for VC?
chunkythebulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 01:11 PM   #45
MikeMike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Anybody picked one of these up? Just been offered a 20% discount on it, is that a good or bad discount for VC?
Judging from Instagram, the watch has been selling well. A 20% discount is quite good. Buy it!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 02:29 PM   #46
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Judging from Instagram, the watch has been selling well. A 20% discount is quite good. Buy it!
Agreed.
MichaelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote