The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 March 2023, 09:03 PM   #1
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
16710 bezel

Hi guys - I owned one of these several years ago with all bezels and found it very easy to swap.

I now have a new one, and am having a problem.

The bezel comes off fine, and I can re-seat the insert ok. However getting the bezel back onto the watch is proving a challenge.

The washer is on at the bottom, and the spring correctly inserted and above. However when I am pushing the bezel on it won’t go fully down. It’s almost as if the bezel is not big enough or the washer is getting in the way. I can get it on partially, and then it just pings off.

Very odd. If anyone has any tips, or has faced the same issue and can help it would be much appreciated!

The only way I’ve managed it so far is to leave the clock spring out - and then it requires a lot of force to click in place! I don’t remember it being as difficult before, and Rolex seemed to manage it ok a couple of weeks ago.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 09:38 PM   #2
harvey
"TRF" Member

Steve have you had a lookie on YouTube for a tutorial?

Not sure if I can post a link here but there is one with over a 100 thousand views.
harvey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 10:05 PM   #3
Jawnz
"TRF" Member

I can’t post a link but YouTube has a ton of videos on how to do this. Watch Symposium on YT is also very knowledgeable on pre-ceramic GMts.
Jawnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 11:17 PM   #4
SparklesMcgraw
"TRF" Member

Maybe try putting the bezel ring on first as you are then able to ensure the click spring is properly seated the whole time. Once the bezel ring is in, snap in the insert. I prefer doing it that way as also let’s you line up the insert perfectly
SparklesMcgraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 11:21 PM   #5
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Hi guys - it’s actually an effect to get the bezel on full stop. I managed it this morning, and it was much easier with bracelet off and watch head flat on table.

So that’s the way forward. I’ve done it many times with my old watch and not half as big a PITA as this. So maybe it’s just tight, but all good and the spring is in.

Cheers,
Steve
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 11:41 PM   #6
kegan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesMcgraw View Post
Maybe try putting the bezel ring on first as you are then able to ensure the click spring is properly seated the whole time. Once the bezel ring is in, snap in the insert. I prefer doing it that way as also let’s you line up the insert perfectly
This is the way
kegan is offline   Reply With Quote