The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 20 May 2022, 06:33 PM   #1
x2046
"TRF" Member

WTS: IWC Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar Chronograph IW375803

Price: USD 11,600.00

Description

This is the IWC Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar Chronograph reference IW375803. Originally a quartz watch housing the Beta 21 movement, the Da Vinci of the 70s was a completely different timepiece. In 1985, Kurt Klaus revolutionized the idea of a perpetual calendar by introducing the reference 3750, essentially instilling his expertise in complicated pocket watches into a wristwatch.

The movement was based on a Valjoux 7750 that was heavily modified so that all the functions could be adjusted via the crown only. With the Valjoux movement, the price point remained accessible. This particular early reference 3750 represented the best of IWC and was a statement piece from the brand. Bear in mind, this happened in the midst of the Quartz crisis. Traditionally associated more with pilot watches, this Kurt Klaus invention gave a new dimension to the brand given the high complication. This particular reference, the IW375803, is based off the 3750.

The Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar is distinctive not only due to the complication but also aesthetically, with its round case, mushroom pushers, stepped bezel and barrel lugs. All functions are conveniently adjusted via the crown without the need for additional pushers on the side. It was a bold idea to launch a perpetual calendar at the peak of the Quartz crisis but this proved to be a success, setting the cornerstone for all future IWC perpetual calendars.

Condition

This IWC Perpetual Calendar is in good pre-owned condition. There are some hairlines on the stainless steel case from prior wear which can be polished off easily upon request. There are some light hairlines on the bezel with no dings and the caseback remains in excellent overall condition with the serial still clear. The day and date changes are crisp and the watch comes with its original papers and manuals. The watch is in full working order.

Specifications

Brand IWC

Model Da Vinci

Reference IW375803

Case 41.5

Movement Automatic

Case material Steel

Bracelet material Leather

Year 2013

Condition Very Good

Accessories Original Papers

Limited No. Discontinued

I am based in Singapore, I have some references which I am happy to share privately. I have references on Reddit / TRF / WUS as well and also sell on Chrono24 with lots of reviews. Price includes worldwide shipping.

Please let me know if you have any questions through the PM system or via my new Instagram @dtimepieces.sg or through my website D-Timepieces