The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 November 2018, 06:01 AM   #1
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Speedmaster 57 trilogy (60th Anniversary)

Picked up my Speedy Tuesday (1) months ago from a dealer. Love the vintage look! But I now more grow into the broad arrow hand and no crown guard.

Have my eyes on speedmaster Trilogy, has this been sold out? As this time I prefer to pick it up from a boutique or AD. I can see it trading around MSRP on private market.

Walked into a few, and being told it’s been sold out, or one boutique implied its for VIP, and I may need to purchase a few before they can give it to me.

I was like... wt... they all push me for pro Moonwatch, but I already have a ST1, don’t get me wrong it’s classic, but I want something without crown guard and haselite.

Or should I just get it from a secondary market? I can see some even trading at a premium.

It seems retain value pretty well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ialienam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 06:53 AM   #2
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

As far as I know: it is sold out. Only 557 Trilogy sets out there.
If you buy it know, you can get it from grey dealers without paying premium. Just check some unboxing videos so that you know what’s in there. Such a limited set, price will go up—just IMO.
Amazing set, such a great watches!

FinWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 07:05 AM   #3
cfracing
"TRF" Member

My understanding is the 60th Anniversary Speedmasters are "sold out", but I have heard stories of people walking into ADs and finding 60th LE Seamasters and Railmasters for sale so there might be an AD with a Speedmaster. However, I think that is probably highly unlikely and would suggest looking in the secondary market in the classifieds of watch enthusiasts forums like here, Omega Forums, and Watchuseek. Now may be a good time to buy as there may be a lull in the used market for the Trilogy series. I hear of like-new examples of the '57 LE Speedmasterd going for quite a bit less than RRP.
cfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 07:08 AM   #4
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinWatch View Post
As far as I know: it is sold out. Only 557 Trilogy sets out there.
If you buy it know, you can get it from grey dealers without paying premium. Just check some unboxing videos so that you know what’s in there. Such a limited set, price will go up—just IMO.
Amazing set, such a great watches!

Sorry should have made it clear, I am after the speedmaster alone, not the whole set

Ya I think the whole set is sold out

Omega makes like 3500 pieces for each (speedmaster, seamaster and railmaster)

That’s like 10k in total.

Old 3 November 2018, 07:52 AM   #5
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Speedmaster 57 trilogy (60th Anniversary)

They are ostensibly sold out, but there have been stories of people still finding them at Boutiques. You'd be lucky if you found one from a Boutique at MSRP and full warranty, but it doesn’t hurt to look. Good luck with your hunting.

Posts need pictures, so...

arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 07:54 AM   #6
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialienam View Post
Sorry should have made it clear, I am after the speedmaster alone, not the whole set

Ya I think the whole set is sold out

Omega makes like 3500 pieces for each (speedmaster, seamaster and railmaster)

That’s like 10k in total.

Oh yeah—you did say that clearly, I just missed that! The Trilogy watches (the whole trilogy set) are made only 557/watch: there is special dial with these. Different from these other Trilogy LE-watches (3557/watch). If not interested in the whole set: You might find this Speedmaster alone from the OB!

Old 3 November 2018, 08:24 AM   #7
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys!

Yah I managed to find the railmaster trilogy back a few months ago.. I guess I will keep asking around. I can see a few available online but I would prefer to pick it up locally (live in Australia now).

Between ST1 and Speedmaster trilogy, which one would u keep it?

I would love to keep both, but I want to add something else to my collection.

I like ST1 for reverse panda dial
Trilogy- broad arrow and no crown guard.

I got ST1 at a premium price but I reckon I would still make a little profit if I sell it (or break even at worst). Just hating the fact omega will now do ST “LE” every year now, as I have seen 5 ultraman for sale this month.

Old 3 November 2018, 08:58 AM   #8
eskiserkan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
You can add tintin or ultraman (while its available)
eskiserkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 09:37 AM   #9
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Between ST1 and Speedmaster trilogy, which one would u keep it?

I would keep the 60th Anniversary, because IMHO it is the more important watch. There are more of them, but long after the pizzazz of the various ST, Olympic and other tenuously linked Speedmaster limited editions wear off, this one will be valued for its utter visual accuracy to the original.

Photo credit: @HSTE on WatchProSite

Old 3 November 2018, 01:09 PM   #10
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
I would keep the 60th Anniversary, because IMHO it is the more important watch. There are more of them, but long after the pizzazz of the various ST, Olympic and other tenuously linked Speedmaster limited editions wear off, this one will be valued for its utter visual accuracy to the original.

Those look great on that color nato!

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 08:36 PM   #11
Pongster
"TRF" Member

There’s still one available at our local AD.

And youre right. Of three, it’s the speedy which retained value.
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 09:16 PM   #12
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Best sized speedy out there imho
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 02:30 AM   #13
jackson.oi
Banned

Nice shots
jackson.oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 07:47 AM   #14
cfracing
"TRF" Member

I do not own an ST, but I do have a 60th Anniversary Speedmaster '57 LE that I do not ever plan to sell.

As arcadelt alluded to the 60th Speedy has history, being an almost perfect homage to the very first Speedmaster CK2915 introduced in 1957. Also, to my eye the case of the trilogy Speedmaster is perfect with its 38.6mm size, straight lugs, and no crown guards so that is the one I would keep if I also had a Speedy Tuesday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1017 (2).JPEG (111.4 KB, 554 views)
cfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 08:16 AM   #15
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys, a friend of mine has introduced his omega manger that I am going to meet up later this week. Hopefully he can do something for me.

If not, I have managed to find a pre owned speedmaster 57 at MSRP that I can pick it up locally, but have yet to see the condition of the watch.

On a side note, for the new seamaster diver 300m, is it only available through boutique with no discount at this moment?

Old 5 November 2018, 07:40 PM   #16
Rolexavidfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Thanks guys, a friend of mine has introduced his omega manger that I am going to meet up later this week. Hopefully he can do something for me.

If not, I have managed to find a pre owned speedmaster 57 at MSRP that I can pick it up locally, but have yet to see the condition of the watch.

On a side note, for the new seamaster diver 300m, is it only available through boutique with no discount at this moment?

Even if it is pre owned, I think the condition should still be almost brand new. So don’t worry about it.

On the Seamaster 300 Diver, I saw said watch both blue and black bezel at an AD in Glendale.

Go for the timepiece you love. You will save more. ...
Rolexavidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 05:57 PM   #17
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys! After visited literally all my local OB, no luck with speedmaster trilogy

So took the preowned from a local dealer. Originally purchased Dec 2017 and In is very good condition. I literally can’t see any hairline or mark on bracelet with one link removed

Paid slightly less than MSRP with a travel case as a gift!!

Now will need to decide if to keep ST1 or sell it!

Old 7 November 2018, 05:21 AM   #18
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfracing View Post
I do not own an ST, but I do have a 60th Anniversary Speedmaster '57 LE that I do not ever plan to sell.

As arcadelt alluded to the 60th Speedy has history, being an almost perfect homage to the very first Speedmaster CK2915 introduced in 1957. Also, to my eye the case of the trilogy Speedmaster is perfect with its 38.6mm size, straight lugs, and no crown guards so that is the one I would keep if I also had a Speedy Tuesday.

Great looking watch, congrats!!!

Old 12 November 2018, 12:58 AM   #19
richter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post

I don't see that olive drab OEM nato strap on the website. Was that discontinued?
richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 06:29 AM   #20
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richter View Post
I don't see that olive drab OEM nato strap on the website. Was that discontinued?

No idea, it’s not mine.
Old 19 November 2018, 09:23 PM   #21
Mr blond
"TRF" Member

Love the 60th speedie, closest I’ll ever get to owning a 2915. Out of the trilogy the speedmaster has held its value better.
Mr blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2018, 05:36 PM   #22
Na84
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4x ♛ 4x ]
Just sold one of my two Speedys 60th Anniversary for the list price I paid a year ago.
The Second one has my birthday as Limitation number
Na84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2018, 05:40 AM   #23
RFFG
"TRF" Member

Congrats on the purchase, I own a few Speedmasters including the 60th and the Ultraman, same decision coming up for me as I'm going to sell a couple of watches including one of them to fund another watch purchase. Having a hard time deciding which, the ST2 is a really really cool watch but every time I look at the 60th I tell myself "this watch is perfect". I'll need to really justify keeping them both haha
Old 2 December 2018, 06:15 AM   #24
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFFG View Post
Congrats on the purchase, I own a few Speedmasters including the 60th and the Ultraman, same decision coming up for me as I'm going to sell a couple of watches including one of them to fund another watch purchase. Having a hard time deciding which, the ST2 is a really really cool watch but every time I look at the 60th I tell myself "this watch is perfect". I'll need to really justify keeping them both haha

Thanks! Ya I was on the same boat.. Many were telling me to keep ST1, as they feel it will grow in value..But I felt otherwise as many ultraman are on sale..Still trading above MSRP but my ST1 really took a hit and didn’t sell as good as I thought.. so I sold it to a dealer instead, very very little profit (I bought ST1 pre owned at a premium price). Anyway enjoyed my ST1, but have no regret of keeping my Speedmaster 57!