The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Picture & Video Gallery

Old 6 November 2012, 09:58 PM   #1
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Can I dive in my swimming pool? Down to 35 meters???

I think this is the only indoors diving pool in the world. It is located in Brussels, Belgium ... 34.5 meters deep, with tunnels and even an air pocket (can't remember how deep).

Pretty stunning!

Here's a link to the place for those that want to check it out:

http://www.nemo33.com/

The 4th picture below is pretty cool, I am coming out of a tunnel at 10 meters and behind you can see the hole that goes down 25 meters to 35 (or 34.5).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg divers sillouhetted half way up the pit.jpg (73.0 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg Looking down at divers in the pit.jpg (43.6 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg Looking down the pit 2.jpg (54.6 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg Sergio comes through the swim thru.jpg (46.5 KB, 321 views)
Old 6 November 2012, 09:59 PM   #2
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Touching down at 34.5 (and fairly narc'd). It can get a little bit claustrophobic down there...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Serg at 34.5m.jpg (78.0 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg Looking down the pit.jpg (33.6 KB, 320 views)
Old 6 November 2012, 10:49 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
Touching down at 34.5 (and fairly narc'd). It can get a little bit claustrophobic down there...
Then if like you say you were fairly narc'd feeling the effect of Nitrogen Narcosis at 34.5m. Then you broke one of the main safely rules of diving and should not have continued on to that depth especially with no buddy near.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2012, 11:38 PM   #4
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Yeah, won't argue you there. To tell the truth, I only realized it when I tried to take a picture and I struggled with the buttons ... I went up a couple meters and was ok immediately. I had 4 buddies right there with me.

But c'mon Peter, you have to admit ... it is a pretty impressive facility! Excellent for learning!
Old 7 November 2012, 12:24 AM   #5
MrX

That looks like an excellent facility. I've never dived but have always wanted to - the only time I had the opportunity I was young and slightly silly and on holiday, and I was far too hungover to get up at the early time the trip was starting...

Do you wear your usual watch to dive as well as the dedicated dive watch?
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2012, 12:57 AM   #6
NYMike
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610,1675, 116518
That's the most boring shipwreck I've ever seen.
NYMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2012, 01:01 AM   #7
tfduff723
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega 4 Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Then if like you say you were fairly narc'd feeling the effect of Nitrogen Narcosis at 34.5m. Then you broke one of the main safely rules of diving and should not have continued on to that depth especially with no buddy near.

Somebody had to take his pic
tfduff723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2012, 02:09 AM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Yeah, won't argue you there. To tell the truth, I only realized it when I tried to take a picture and I struggled with the buttons ... I went up a couple meters and was ok immediately. I had 4 buddies right there with me.

But c'mon Peter, you have to admit ... it is a pretty impressive facility! Excellent for learning!
Have to agree and it would be a great teaching aid, but safety while diving must always take priority whether pool or open water.And yes over the many years as a guide and instructor I have seen quite a few close calls.One I remember it was in the Red Sea was taking a few down for there open water advanced,but I did not pass them out on there open water.I noticed one guy seemed to be having a problem I give him the OK he gave it back he was OK but I new he had a problem.A simple mistake on his part he did not equalize his face mask and had a huge pressure squeeze.So just signed and showed him to blow into his mask which he did.When we returned to the surface his eyes were blood blood red where the blood vessels burst, and he had a bruise the shape of his mask on his face bet he will never forget to equalize his face mask again..

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 7 November 2012, 02:15 AM   #9
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have to agree and it would be a great teaching aid, but safety while diving must always take priority whether pool or open water.And yes over the many years as a guide and instructor I have seen quite a few close calls.One I remember it was in the Red Sea was taking a few down for there open water advanced,but I did not pass them out on there open water.I noticed one guy seemed to be having a problem I give him the OK he gave it back he was OK but I new he had a problem.A simple mistake on his part he did not equalize his face mask and had a huge pressure squeeze.So just signed and showed him to blow into his mask which he did.When we returned to the surface his eyes were blood blood red where the blood vessels burst, and he had a bruise the shape of his mask on his face bet he will never forget to equalize his face mask again..
Agree again. I am in fact, very conservative. Thankfully I never had any close calls. I practice the good old "plan your dive / dive your plan".

This one was odd though ... I was ok and all of a sudden I couldn't figure out the zoom lever on the camera ...
Old 7 November 2012, 02:47 AM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Agree again. I am in fact, very conservative. Thankfully I never had any close calls. I practice the good old "plan your dive / dive your plan".

This one was odd though ... I was ok and all of a sudden I couldn't figure out the zoom lever on the camera ...
Around 12 years ago on the last day in Bali before return to the UK I put all my gear away ready for the flight back home.But wife wanted to visit one of the small islands so arranged a day out trip.Well they came around on this quite large boat asking if anyone wanted to dive.Well just could not resist had planed just to snorkel and try and get a video of the Manta Ray that swim quite close to the surface.So off we go in this long local type boat with a dive guide,going down I had a regulator malfunction ,first stage D/V stopped supplying air at 30m.Not my equipment we got into a quite strong under current,buddy was about 20 ft away separated by this unexpected flow.Had to make a quick decision dump weights, and get to surface quick, and risk a bend, or hope to get to my buddy.Made the Signal for no air, and was very lucky buddy seen I was trouble and managed,to get to me.Shared his air and made a normal safe return to the surface.And must admit I had to check rear of wet suit as I think I would have turned brown.And if it was not for my many years experience and not panicking it could so easily been a disaster. But after a safety stop on the surface, and a change of equipment.We both returned to continue the dive and glad to say took some fantastic video and stills of the Manta Rays.But I made a vow after that, under no circumstances would I ever dive again without using my own personnel equipment.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 7 November 2012, 02:51 AM   #11
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Around 12 years ago on the last day in Bali before return to the UK I put all my gear away ready for the flight back home.But wife wanted to visit one of the small islands so arranged a day out trip.Well they came around on this quite large boat asking if anyone wanted to dive.Well just could not resist had planed just to snorkel and try and get a video of the Manta Ray that swim quite close to the surface.So off we go in this long local type boat with a dive guide,going down I had a regulator malfunction ,first stage D/V stopped supplying air at 30m.Not my equipment we got into a quite strong under current,buddy was about 20 ft away separated by this unexpected flow.Had to make a quick decision dump weights, and get to surface quick, and risk a bend, or hope to get to my buddy.Made the Signal for no air, and was very lucky buddy seen I was trouble and managed,to get to me.Shared his air and made a normal safe return to the surface.And must admit I had to check rear of wet suit as I think I would have turned brown.And if it was not for my many years experience and not panicking it could so easily been a disaster. But after a safety stop on the surface, and a change of equipment.We both returned to continue the dive and glad to say took some fantastic video and stills of the Manta Rays.But I made a vow after that, under no circumstances would I ever dive again without using my own personnel equipment.
That's a scary story that could have been easily fatal.
Old 7 November 2012, 03:51 AM   #12
RRsDJ

Watch: 16078 / 16618
Quote:
I think this is the only indoors diving pool in the world. It is located in Brussels, Belgium ... 34.5 meters deep, with tunnels and even an air pocket (can't remember how deep).

Thats pretty cool.
RRsDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2012, 04:11 AM   #13
z32turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Varies
Cool pool. Never been diving but seems like there's a lot to it

Instagram @z32turbo
z32turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2012, 01:55 PM   #14
cjlewis610
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ
There is a nuclear missile silo in texas that was converted into a diving facility. I believe its called Dive Valhalla. Its about the same depth but there are some amazing pictures online.
cjlewis610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2012, 07:41 AM   #15
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlewis610 View Post
There is a nuclear missile silo in texas that was converted into a diving facility. I believe its called Dive Valhalla. Its about the same depth but there are some amazing pictures online.
Cool, I just looked at those pictures! I used to go to Germany for work when living in Brussels. One of the big steel companies had something similar going on with a big unused silo/tank (can't remember the depth).

One fun thing about this one in Brussels is that at 10m deep (ground level outside) you got windows and you can see people in the bar and they can see you inside (allowing for all kinds of goofyness) ...
Old 8 November 2012, 08:16 PM   #16
Monte Cristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you...
Those pics are amazing! Not sure what model Rolex that is on your wrist tho