The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 September 2012, 03:09 AM   #1
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
How will RSC service a Zenith Daytona?

Long story short I think the gaskets in my watch need replacing. I noticed an unusual misting on the crystal yesterday, and sure enough, when I got home I could see under a loupe that the misting was water droplets. I haven't swam with the watch or submerged it but I have washed my hands whilst wearing it. I think it maybe one of the crown seals. I'm glad it wasn't a deep water issue as I managed to stop the misting pretty pronto by unscrewing the crowns and using a hair dryer...Hopefully the movement is ok as I haven't had a problem getting the moisture out. I'm sending it to RSC for a movement service this weekend. If I wanted a full overhaul how would RSC replace the El primero parts and the tritium dial??? Sorry it was a long story afterall! The watch is running fine by the way (albeit with crowns open) and this was early yesterday!
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2012, 03:33 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
Long story short I think the gaskets in my watch need replacing. I noticed an unusual misting on the crystal yesterday, and sure enough, when I got home I could see under a loupe that the misting was water droplets. I haven't swam with the watch or submerged it but I have washed my hands whilst wearing it. I think it maybe one of the crown seals. I'm glad it wasn't a deep water issue as I managed to stop the misting pretty pronto by unscrewing the crowns and using a hair dryer...Hopefully the movement is ok as I haven't had a problem getting the moisture out. I'm sending it to RSC for a movement service this weekend. If I wanted a full overhaul how would RSC replace the El primero parts and the tritium dial??? Sorry it was a long story afterall! The watch is running fine by the way (albeit with crowns open) and this was early yesterday!
The only Elprimo part is the movment and cannot see Rolex replacing that unless its badly damaged which I doubt.A slight misting on the crystal sometimes happens and if movement is running I would say it will be fine after service.Now when you get the itemised account of what Rolex wants to do or recommend for the service.You do not have to go along with there recommendation just tell them you only want a full movement service.And using a hair dryer was not the best thing to do with any watch.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2012, 03:41 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
They service it the same way they do any Rolex..

It has a Rolex 4030 Movement in it; parts are plentiful.

I doubt that you removed the moisture by opening the crown.. Unless all the seals are shot, opening the crown does not expose the interior. There are still seals and o-rings around the stem specifically there to keep stuff out (and in). You likely just moved the moisture elsewhere inside the watch..

All should be as new when you get it back.. minus 750 bucks or more from your wallet..
Old 5 September 2012, 03:50 AM   #4
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Cheers guys. I really like this watch and feel it is worth doing.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote