The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 24 December 2009, 08:20 AM   #121
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Mark: Sorry to hear this, I'm hoping it all works out for you. If you need to report the info on the DJ to the authorities, the model is 116234 and the serial # is M****. Let me know if you need anything else or if there is anything I can do for you. Regards, Tim
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 08:33 AM   #122
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
Can you post your emails with this scammer?

I wish you best possible outcome.
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 08:34 AM   #123
deserted
Banned

Watch: Patek 1909003
There is a skip trace that can be done on this guy via phone number and or name orgin, i can put some investigators on it out of chicago , PM me for information! they have a 100% turn around rate.
deserted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 08:37 AM   #124
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
Mark: Sorry to hear this, I'm hoping it all works out for you. If you need to report the info on the DJ to the authorities, the model is 116234 and the serial # is Mlalalalala. Let me know if you need anything else or if there is anything I can do for you. Regards, Tim
Thank you so much. I was going to contact you regarding the numbers, as I never wrote them down.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 08:38 AM   #125
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
I love to see how people on here get together and help. Wish I could do more from Sweden.
Sweramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 08:43 AM   #126
Wolfgang427
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
I wish I was closer to SC, I'd be paying this person a personal visit for you.
Wolfgang427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 08:44 AM   #127
RolexPete32
"TRF" Member

Watch: You know... Rolex
Dam. I feel sorry for your situation. Can you let us know how it all works out.
RolexPete32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 08:58 AM   #128
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
I know this looks bad however look at the time frame here, it is Christmas and the post office or Fed Ex could be delayed we do have snow in the United States. Also the guy must have a phone number to the house, look it up on the internet and give him a call. Also look at where he lives at in relation to the income of the neighborhood. Do some more investigating here and use networking.
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:00 AM   #129
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetrends View Post
I know this looks bad however look at the time frame here, it is Christmas and the post office or Fed Ex could be delayed we do have snow in the United States. Also the guy must have a phone number to the house, look it up on the internet and give him a call. Also look at where he lives at in relation to the income of the neighborhood. Do some more investigating here and use networking.
That is true. When did the potential scammer recieve the money?
Sweramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:06 AM   #130
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreambaby View Post
That is true. When did the potential scammer recieve the money?
"I wired cash to him Monday morning. We agreed to ship each other watches involved in the trade before Christmas Eve. I shipped two Rolex watches via FedEx Overnight in trade to him Monday morning. Someone signed for the watches at his address Tuesday morning. The total transaction was for $12,000."

Copied from the first post.
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:10 AM   #131
CaveDiver
"TRF" Member

here are some more phone no. One of these is bound to still work. More PI work needed.
NCR Corporation‎ - more info »
1616 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC‎ - (803) 771-4340‎
Write a review
NCR‎ - more info »
3245 Platt Springs Road, West Columbia, SC‎ - (803) 739-6643‎
Write a review
NCR‎ - more info »
3325 Platt Springs Road, West Columbia, SC‎ - (803) 791-6002‎
Unverified listing
Write a review
1208 Evans Street, Hartsville, SC‎ - (803) 669-7513‎
Write a review
Myrtle Beach, SC‎ - (843) 444-9151‎
Write a review
NCR Corporation Service‎ - more info »
50 Directors Drive, Greenville, SC‎ - (800) 262-7782‎
Write a review
CaveDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:16 AM   #132
TimeToGo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDSW View Post
Take action IMMEDIATELY...

I also agreed to buy the 18k sub from him.... I told him I would fly out there and do a face to face deal with him... He said he was out of town and could not do it.... I was not comfortable with it at all so did not send him payment..

His references were not good at all and his communication was not consistent

Andrew Hayes
404 Waterville Dr
Columbia SC

This is the address he gave me...

Lets get together guys and see what else we can get on this guy

Again, I wish for the best of outcome on your situation.

Something that has always bugged me is that folks on Ebay when leaving feedback, even after agreeing to not follow through with the purchase, leave positive feedback as if they had purchased the item. Then a week later, the item is for sale again.

As I quote DavidSW above, to no fault of his own, he did not feel right about this situation. In my opinion, it is in the best interest of all forum members to share these contacts and/or bad feelings about newbies on this forum. If it is a misunderstanding, then it can be rectified at the end.

I for one lost a Rolex on this forum, my fault completely, and I shared it with everyone about my situation. The delivery address was in Phoenix, Arizona, and to this day there has been no follow through by the authorities. It is also known that Phoenix is a zestpool for criminal activity, thus my problem did not seem to rise to the attention or top of the list for the investigators.

On the other hand, I feel that there are some great law enforcement in South Carolina and your outcome should be different. My hopes are that justice will do you right on this one.

However, if something was to happen to this individual, whether "deserved" or by accident, many folks on this forum are offering harm. Folks, please, do not communicate this on an open forum as there could be consequences. Please be careful, anyone can monitor this thread without been a member.

Again, I hope nothing but the best for you in this situation.

But like in my case, it may not be now or in the near present, but at the end they will pay for their mistakes!
TimeToGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:18 AM   #133
CaveDiver
"TRF" Member

Putting this here incase someone Google the serial number of the one of the Rolex’s taken in the scam.

Rolex Style 116234 Serial Number: M1XXXXX Taken by
Andrew Hayes
404 Waterville Dr
Columbia SC
AKA:
Hayes, Curtis A
404 Waterville Dr
Columbia, SC 29229-8131
CaveDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:26 AM   #134
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
....However, if something was to happen to this individual, whether "deserved" or by accident, many folks on this forum are offering harm. Folks, please, do not communicate this on an open forum as there could be consequences. Please be careful, anyone can monitor this thread without been a member...
Agreed, violence is not going to solve anything, just make matters worse.

Sorry to hear this Joey and Good luck.
Scott

Member No. 922
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:29 AM   #135
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
...well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
For everyone's benefit in the future, I called FedEx. Their position is that they deliver to an address, not a person. They don't care if Pee Wee Herman answers the door and signs for the package, and there is no recourse due a sender if the package is indeed delivered to a requested address. Insurance covers only damage or loss in transit.
...first, sorry about this happening to you!

...based upon YOUR own finding's with FED-X, it appears that Fed-X is NOT the best way to ship items!!!

...I truly hope this works out in the end!

Sincerely, Stan.
tudorman8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:38 AM   #136
DAVIDSW
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 Boutique Seller

Watch: 1655 EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
Again, I wish for the best of outcome on your situation.

Something that has always bugged me is that folks on Ebay when leaving feedback, even after agreeing to not follow through with the purchase, leave positive feedback as if they had purchased the item. Then a week later, the item is for sale again.

As I quote DavidSW above, to no fault of his own, he did not feel right about this situation. In my opinion, it is in the best interest of all forum members to share these contacts and/or bad feelings about newbies on this forum. If it is a misunderstanding, then it can be rectified at the end.

I for one lost a Rolex on this forum, my fault completely, and I shared it with everyone about my situation. The delivery address was in Phoenix, Arizona, and to this day there has been no follow through by the authorities. It is also known that Phoenix is a zestpool for criminal activity, thus my problem did not seem to rise to the attention or top of the list for the investigators.

On the other hand, I feel that there are some great law enforcement in South Carolina and your outcome should be different. My hopes are that justice will do you right on this one.

However, if something was to happen to this individual, whether "deserved" or by accident, many folks on this forum are offering harm. Folks, please, do not communicate this on an open forum as there could be consequences. Please be careful, anyone can monitor this thread without been a member.

Again, I hope nothing but the best for you in this situation.

But like in my case, it may not be now or in the near present, but at the end they will pay for their mistakes!
I contacted him on Friday and noticed on Saturday that Steve (LOL-X) had requested paperwork to be provided. That immediately set off a red flag. I will consider myself lucky for seeing the paperwork request by Steve.

Several TRF members did contact me about him and I told them exactly what I tell everyone that asks me about sellers. REFERENCES ARE A MUST No references NO DEAL.

Regards
DavidSW
DAVIDSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:40 AM   #137
SLS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDSW View Post
I contacted him on Friday and noticed on Saturday that Steve (LOL-X) had requested paperwork to be provided. Thta immediately set off a red flag. I will consider myself lucky for seeing the paperwork request by Steve.

Several TRF members did contact me about him and I told them exactly what I tell everyone that asks me about sellers. REFERENCES ARE A MUST No references NO DEAL.

Regards
DavidSW
Agreed. He was also selling a Z serial TT Serti dialed Sub for $5450 with an anchor, the price seemed to good to be true and the anchor with a Z serial was certainly suspicious.
Scott

Member No. 922
Old 24 December 2009, 09:46 AM   #138
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Also info on my Submariner:

Rolex Style 16613 Serial Number: X49XXXX

Taken by
Andrew Hayes
404 Waterville Dr
Columbia SC
and
Hayes, Curtis A
404 Waterville Dr
Columbia, SC 29229-8131
Old 24 December 2009, 09:46 AM   #139
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Joey, you've gotten a lot of good tips here. I REALLY hope that you're able to make some headway in finding this scumbag. I wish I could do more to help. I know EXACTLY how you feel...I do.
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:47 AM   #140
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Agreed. He was also selling a Z serial TT Serti dialed Sub for $5450 with an anchor, the price seemed to good to be true and the anchor with a Z serial was certainly suspicious.
Scott
I didn't think the price of $12,000 was out of line, given the number of similarly priced 16618 watches on ebay.
Old 24 December 2009, 09:48 AM   #141
sBmRnR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Today's Watch!
30 posts, no references = no go..

Sorry to hear about this, hope it all works out for you in the end.

Gr.
sBmRnR
sBmRnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:52 AM   #142
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
I hate to be bring on bad news to this already horrible situation. But, I own property, and have had tenants order things online to my name. Being that the property is registered to me, there has never been anything suspicious.

I have never had anything bad happen, just got annoyed that someone would do that.

My identity was stolen in 2001 and again someone ordered a credit card in the name of the landlord. When they tracked down where items were shipped to and where the cc was mailed to, it checked out fine. When the police spoke to the land lord, he said that the renters had left and that he was receiving cash or money order for rent. He had no idea where they came from and where they went.

Maybe the case here. The registered owner of the house might be oblivious to what happened.

Good Luck dude, hope all works out.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Pep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 09:55 AM   #143
SLS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I didn't think the price of $12,000 was out of line, given the number of similarly priced 16618 watches on ebay.
I agree with you there, don't get me wrong Joey as hindsight is always 20/20. All I am saying is the other item he had listed for sale was just another scam.
Scott

Member No. 922
Old 24 December 2009, 10:08 AM   #144
goduke1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 72' Rolex Air King
Sorry late to the thread. The address in question does exist and it is registered to a Curtis A Hayes according to Richland County GIS

http://www.richlandmaps.com/#mapping
Old 24 December 2009, 10:12 AM   #145
JRA21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Not right

This is absolutely horrible but I do have a friend who lives in SC if me and him can do anything to help please let me know !!!!

JRA
JRA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 10:27 AM   #146
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
without meaning to be trite, this is terrible news, especially so as it originated on such a respected & well found forum.

No adivise to give as so much given already but I sincerely hope that it works out for you Joey and that it does not spoil, too much, your Christmas.

all the best, Michael
mcjp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 10:32 AM   #147
Some Pair

Watch: The Rollie's.....
OMG, what a cluster@%#k!
I feel terrible about this Joey.

I've been blessed to have great dealings on four occasions so far on this esteemed site. The first one as a newbie here.

But now in reading this, we all have learned a valuable lesson, but hopefully not at your expense.

Keep us posted in case it's been a misunderstanding with this clown, or not.
Got to find this guy. Many ideas comes to mind, none nice.

Alot of support here for you from every member post I've read since the first, regarding this misfortune.

We'll all have a good thought for you.
Some Pair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 10:39 AM   #148
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
This should serve to prove how important the trusted sellers here are. I wouldn't buy from anyone unless the majority of the people here either know or have dealt with before. You know who I am referring to.... DavidSW, Mosco, BodyBump to name a few.

I myself am trying to sell one of my watches. I expect to not be trusted as I have never sold anything on line ever. Not here, not ebay or even craigslist.... nowhere. But I offer a face to face to make someone feel more comfortable. I will even take Pay Pal.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the original seller didn't offer a face to face or show the original paper work (for which he got in trouble), or even accepted Pay Pal, I mean this dude only wanted a wire transfer. Everything about this guy was suspect.

I may be making the sale of my watch harder on myself, but I just wanted to express my concerns on buying anything of value on the internet, no matter how trusted the web site is. And besides, I have nothing to hide and am open to full disclosure.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Pep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 11:19 AM   #149
flyinbrian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Sorry to hear about this, I was scammed Nov. 08 on a watch and it took me a year before I started visiting watch sites again. It's really sad situation that there are people out there like this. I hope you have better luck than I did.
flyinbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2009, 11:40 AM   #150
Jason101

I, too, feel very bad for Joey. In the future, when all these have been resolved to Joey's satisfaction, can we then move to extracting the lessons learned from this transaction... from identifying a scammer to recovering the scammed items.

An informed community is a trustworthy one.

Best of luck to Joey and congratulations to all of you who are all supportive and knowledgeable. Very impressive!
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote