The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 May 2018, 06:20 PM   #121
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Looking st the guy’s IG account you’d think he’d be able to hand back the $35k just like that! So, he’s either taking the mickey out of you or he’s a total fraud with his ‘lifestyle’
uncleluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 09:44 PM   #122
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Am I missing something? @ OP: This is not a win in my mind -- you're still out $30,000 and no watch. You can soften the words however you want but you were scammed.

What if you only paid $5,000 out of the $35,000 total cost of the watch? Would the seller think that is fair?

You had to pay everything in a lump sum...why is the money coming back in waves?

I don't see this anywhere near resolved....
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 10:10 PM   #123
Ripcode
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by agp16 View Post
!!! You guys are unreal. I never thought this post would get so much attention or support from the forums. Thanks to all of you who have helped.

UPDATE: Michael reached out to me to sort out and try to make this right. I'll be totally honest. He apologized for his behavior, disclosed his personal reasons for going AWOL and offered to get onto a payment plan to get squared away.

He sent $5k towards the $35k I paid him and we're going to execute a promissory note to memorialize the rest. (If any of you guys have other ideas or know what I'm forgetting, please let me know).

Please refrain from posting any personal info, and if possible please don't blow them up in real life. I'm hoping that as long as there's (1)Honesty and (2)Progress, everyone should get a 2nd chance.

THANK YOU again to everyone here who's been so helpful. Mike is making progress and I'd like to think we'll get to a positive resolution. Please don't let this turn south on us, the community has been extremely supportive.

Thanks!!

Payment plan?? What happened to the $35K?
Ripcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 10:11 PM   #124
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss516 View Post
Am I missing something? @ OP: This is not a win in my mind -- you're still out $30,000 and no watch. You can soften the words however you want but you were scammed.

What if you only paid $5,000 out of the $35,000 total cost of the watch? Would the seller think that is fair?

You had to pay everything in a lump sum...why is the money coming back in waves?

I don't see this anywhere near resolved....
Sorry to say, I have to agree with this. I’m not trying to prolong the knot in your stomach, but just trying to encourage you to be realistic. You have $5,000 and a promise to pay the remainder from a liar. Guys like him pay the creditor who presents the greatest threat to him at the moment. If you want the remainder of your money, you have to be his biggest threat. Whether that’s from a civil action or criminal action is up to you, if you ease off, he will turn his attention to other, more pressing matters.
erhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 10:43 PM   #125
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Viewed in retrospect, the OP’s decision is perhaps the best path towards full restitution. Taking stronger measures could thwart full payment.

Better to start with the path of least resistance and greater chance of successful repayment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 10:56 PM   #126
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
Yea, 5K out of 35K isn't even a moral victory yet, but better than nothing. If he's willing to pay 5K, he's admitting responsibility, so why not just pay it all at once. I agree that the squeekiest wheel gets the grease. Sounds like something else is going on here. I knew someone once with a drug, and gambling problem, and that is exactly how they behaved. Textbook. Please keep us posted, and thanks to the awesome folks on this site for growing legs on this.
edweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 11:56 PM   #127
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
OP seems like a very nice and genuine person (with a tremendous amount of patience :)) While I'm not offering advice on how this should be handled, I'm glad progress is made towards the resolution of the issue. Make sure you do all needed to get all your money back!
tudorbaja27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 02:36 AM   #128
Lime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, JLC, etc
I would go the legal path to set up the payment terms still despite him reaching out after he was exposed
Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 02:53 AM   #129
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

the resolution leaves a lot to be desired. if i was going to take a sizable promissory note, i would meet him in person and have him hand over to me something of relatively equal value as collateral until i was paid in full. he must have something to offer up in the way of collateral. maybe even another watch :)
mfnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 03:48 AM   #130
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfnj View Post
the resolution leaves a lot to be desired. if i was going to take a sizable promissory note, i would meet him in person and have him hand over to me something of relatively equal value as collateral until i was paid in full. he must have something to offer up in the way of collateral. maybe even another watch :)
That's actually a really smart idea... the only issue I can see from this is if you accept a watch it may be considered in his mind as a done deal...
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 03:55 AM   #131
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
That's actually a really smart idea... the only issue I can see from this is if you accept a watch it may be considered in his mind as a done deal...
Just write it into the legally binding contract. At this point there is no way I'd be agreeing to an informal arrangement. Not with $30K from a character with this track record.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 03:56 AM   #132
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Strongly advise to retain a lawyer and have them handle this properly. It costs a few grand but piece of mind. Lesson learned.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:04 AM   #133
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
He just got a nice Patek 5712R-001... posted 7 hours ago in IG. Seems to me like he could have paid you ALL of your $35k instead. If he was really a good guy he would offer you that Patek as payment in full plus the interest of stealing your money for 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:05 AM   #134
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
He just got a nice Patek 5712R-001... posted 7 hours ago in IG. Seems to me like he could have paid you ALL of your $35k instead. If he was really a good guy he would offer you that Patek as payment in full plus the interest of stealing your money for 6 months.

Wow!

What is his IG handle? I wanna see for myself.
Old 8 May 2018, 04:18 AM   #135
gbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Wow!

What is his IG handle? I wanna see for myself.

@iam_spotter

gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:22 AM   #136
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx View Post
@iam_spotter

I don't know how to tell if this is indeed the same person, but if so, WOW this guy has no shame!
Old 8 May 2018, 04:25 AM   #137
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
I don't know how to tell if this is indeed the same person, but if so, WOW this guy has no shame!

Definitely the same guy.

https://instagram.com/p/Bce7tuBAr8Q/

That is the link to the SkyD in question.

cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:36 AM   #138
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

He drives a 300k Lamborghini, +1 million dollar house and he can't pay back 35k but needs a payment plan.

Talk about making sense...
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:38 AM   #139
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Definitely the same guy.

My goodness

I have no words
Old 8 May 2018, 04:42 AM   #140
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What a surprise....
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:50 AM   #141
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Yikes! This isn't adding up at all. I read your update as he was experiencing hardship?? Looks like he is living the highlife. 35K should be a drop in the bucket and easy to pay back IMO. Good luck OP.
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:00 AM   #142
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Looks like your $35k went to that kitchen renovation before he sold his house a month ago.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:04 AM   #143
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
He drives a 300k Lamborghini, +1 million dollar house and he can't pay back 35k but needs a payment plan.

Talk about making sense...
Definitely living large if those Instagram images are truly his. 35K should be chump change.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:05 AM   #144
Syed117
"TRF" Member

After this thread, I think his days as a seller on this forum at the very least are over.

Who on earth would do business with this guy?
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:07 AM   #145
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
After this thread, I think his days as a seller on this forum at the very least are over.

Big question is how many others have been conned by this guy?
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:22 AM   #146
TRS1
"TRF" Member

I have trouble will ALL of this, and evermore so after seeing his IG page. My guess this guy is leveraged deep. Very deep.
TRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:24 AM   #147
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post

I have a feeling there's a bit more to this story, and in reality only he will know along with the buyer. As full disclosure I've purchased two Rolex's and two AP's from him and they were flawless transactions. Simultaneously at least a dozen of my friends have either bought or sold from him with excellent experiences as well. While online mobs are the new version of the public beating, and they most certainly haven't gone out of style, remember that you can't make blanket statements without knowing the facts. That same type of approach has put culture as a whole into quite a precarious situation worldwide.

Those are my two cents though, I've done business with Mike before and I'll gladly do business with him again, at the same token I generally don't trust any shipping outfit whatsoever for situations just like this.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:26 AM   #148
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Speak with an attorney and Have seller sign a “confession of judgement.”
Old 8 May 2018, 05:27 AM   #149
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Definitely the same guy.

His IG account is now marked as private. He must of caught on....but what do I know...OP, I hope you get all of your loot back. Please keep us posted.
Old 8 May 2018, 05:32 AM   #150
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciej View Post
I have a feeling there's a bit more to this story, and in reality only he will know along with the buyer. As full disclosure I've purchased two Rolex's and two AP's from him and they were flawless transactions. Simultaneously at least a dozen of my friends have either bought or sold from him with excellent experiences as well. While online mobs are the new version of the public beating, and they most certainly haven't gone out of style, remember that you can't make blanket statements without knowing the facts. That same type of approach has put culture as a whole into quite a precarious situation worldwide.

Those are my two cents though, I've done business with Mike before and I'll gladly do business with him again, at the same token I generally don't trust any shipping outfit whatsoever for situations just like this.
Good points and agreed that one cannot know the whole story without being privy to it.

There is a very easy way to fix that in my opinion. Mike should come on this forum and tell his side of the story.

Silence is deafening in a situation like this, don't you think?
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote