The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 25 September 2018, 11:17 AM   #1231
pain888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
for those playing smaller caps in this sector, I'd recommend keeping an eye on GTEC (US ticker GGTTF).
Thank You. I brought because of you pointing it out.So far up 21 percent.

"LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST"
pain888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 11:53 AM   #1232
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pain888 View Post
Thank You. I brought because of you pointing it out.So far up 21 percent.
Fantastic!

Just remember, no one has gone broke by taking profits

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 12:15 PM   #1233
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Do your DD, as always.
For those keeping an eye on smaller caps in this space, check out Eve & Co (US ticker EEVVF, Canadian - EVE).

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 27 September 2018, 12:24 AM   #1234
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy (126613LB)
I wanna buy back into the game after a sale last week. Which stocks do you guys recommend ?
Old 27 September 2018, 05:34 AM   #1235
pain888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do your DD, as always.
For those keeping an eye on smaller caps in this space, check out Eve & Co (US ticker EEVVF, Canadian - EVE).

EVE looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST"
pain888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2018, 11:47 AM   #1236
replicator
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera911 View Post
I wanna buy back into the game after a sale last week. Which stocks do you guys recommend ?

Aleafia - otc ALEAF or tsx.b ALEF

Took a nose dive today but the prospects are good to buy around this level. Just teamed up with the guys who own Second Cup and Yogen Fruz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
replicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 05:48 AM   #1237
callidus
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II,SMP,Speedy
Quote:
Do your DD, as always.
What am I missing on EVE? Reviewing the slide deck and financials I don’t see anything special.
callidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 09:55 AM   #1238
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera911 View Post
IMHO...I'd say keep a good portion of your powder dry for now. Personally, I'm 70-75% cash at this moment and that is saying something from a huge cannabis bull.

I am still long a sizable, very deep in the money, Jan $25/$35 Bullish Call Option Spread. I'll continue to hold that position until we get closer to the January options expiration (not for tax deferral reasons) because the time premium for the short $35 calls is very expensive right now ($2+). As we get closer towards expiration, that crazy expensive time value will decay very quickly starting in mid-December, so it actually pays handsomely to just wait it out until the time value is much closer to $0 or even the week of expiration.

Have also started building a position in Charlotte's Web for a much longer-term U.S.-based CBD play. They are not as well-known to all cannabis investors, but they have the next highest Quarterly Revenues of any public cannabis company, second only to Canopy, and that's really saying something for a company with only 1/12 of Canopy's market cap.

My current investment thesis is the entire cannabis sector is overvalued right now after the recent monster rally, and belief that the Oct 17th launch will be an utter whiff due to both limited product options/lack of physical retail stores on Day One. However, shortly after the sector comes back down to earth (Mid-Oct/Nov), there will be tremendous bargains just several months prior to a flood of actual physical retail locations coming on-line next Spring, and then the real bonanza: the long awaited launch of Edibles next Summer.

Personally, that is how I see things evolving from here. Love the potential of the sector (obviously), but when I start seeing really lousy companies garnering such huge attention from less experienced investors, it gives me some serious pause.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 12:52 PM   #1239
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorliss View Post
IMHO...I'd say keep a good portion of your powder dry for now. Personally, I'm 70-75% cash at this moment and that is saying something from a huge cannabis bull.

I am still long a sizable, very deep in the money, Jan $25/$35 Bullish Call Option Spread. I'll continue to hold that position until we get closer to the January options expiration (not for tax deferral reasons) because the time premium for the short $35 calls is very expensive right now ($2+). As we get closer towards expiration, that crazy expensive time value will decay very quickly starting in mid-December, so it actually pays handsomely to just wait it out until the time value is much closer to $0 or even the week of expiration.

Have also started building a position in Charlotte's Web for a much longer-term U.S.-based CBD play. They are not as well-known to all cannabis investors, but they have the next highest Quarterly Revenues of any public cannabis company, second only to Canopy, and that's really saying something for a company with only 1/12 of Canopy's market cap.

My current investment thesis is the entire cannabis sector is overvalued right now after the recent monster rally, and belief that the Oct 17th launch will be an utter whiff due to both limited product options/lack of physical retail stores on Day One. However, shortly after the sector comes back down to earth (Mid-Oct/Nov), there will be tremendous bargains just several months prior to a flood of actual physical retail locations coming on-line next Spring, and then the real bonanza: the long awaited launch of Edibles next Summer.

Personally, that is how I see things evolving from here. Love the potential of the sector (obviously), but when I start seeing really lousy companies garnering such huge attention from less experienced investors, it gives me some serious pause.
i really agree with this but i think you have to look at it stock by stock.

not all boats have risen. some are still lagging despite significant incremental progress (Emblem). Where as some have pulled doubles or more (TLRY, WEED, APH, ALEF...)

Even though this strategy has not yielded me the same as just holding the big three i still see a lot of seriously undervalued companies on a relative basis. EMC being one and BE being another. I'll probably start adding to HVT too since it never really benefited from the recent run up. I'd actually like to know your thoughts on each of these 3 if you are familiar with them.
bing240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 01:26 PM   #1240
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
i really agree with this but i think you have to look at it stock by stock.

not all boats have risen. some are still lagging despite significant incremental progress (Emblem). Where as some have pulled doubles or more (TLRY, WEED, APH, ALEF...)

Even though this strategy has not yielded me the same as just holding the big three i still see a lot of seriously undervalued companies on a relative basis. EMC being one and BE being another. I'll probably start adding to HVT too since it never really benefited from the recent run up. I'd actually like to know your thoughts on each of these 3 if you are familiar with them.
Unfortunately, I am not as familiar with those three. I usually just stick to the larger companies for liquidity reasons since I usually build more concentrated position. I am salivating over the prospect of more uplistings since I also like to utilize derivatives when available too.
Old 9 October 2018, 12:34 AM   #1241
SADDLE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
PYX making its move.
SADDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 01:45 PM   #1242
Kashmo1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub/DJ/BLNR/Coke
Quick question for you stock Gurus, is it a good idea to buy into Aphria at current price or should I wait? I currently hold Aurora, Hexo and Supreme. I'm new to the game but have made decent profits but would like to hear some suggestions.
Kashmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 11:57 PM   #1243
chazadams
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner / GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmo1 View Post
Quick question for you stock Gurus, is it a good idea to buy into Aphria at current price or should I wait? I currently hold Aurora, Hexo and Supreme. I'm new to the game but have made decent profits but would like to hear some suggestions.
Mcorliss or bing have any recent input or thoughts here since your posts just above? I have some dry powder and both your sentiments have been nothing but helpful in this sector.
chazadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2018, 07:11 AM   #1244
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Aphria had a nice bounce today (up about 14%) in a down market. News is that Altria is in talks to acquire a stake in Aphria. Is it time for Aphria to finally make its move? Good luck longs.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ci...ort-2018-10-10
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 02:22 AM   #1245
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Nice pre-retail sales bump this morning! Canopy up 10.5%, Aurora up 8.5%, Aphria up 4.5%, Liberty Health Sciences up 7%
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 06:30 AM   #1246
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Great day today... 11 holdings up 9% or more.

Basically just recouped everything that leaked away last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazadams View Post
Mcorliss or bing have any recent input or thoughts here since your posts just above? I have some dry powder and both your sentiments have been nothing but helpful in this sector.
I keep getting asked this and I really think HVT and BE are decent picks because they havent run at all, are trading near lows and both of them have provincial supply deals and various other catalysts. BE confirmed shipments to satisfy supply deals already and has a few clinics and some recent acquisitions or new production capacity but it wont come on line for a while.
bing240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 09:09 AM   #1247
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
Sitting on two call positions in CGC and CRON that are way in-the-money, expiring Friday. I can't decide if I should fill them or if their is going to be a dip after legalization. I am playing the long game on most of this portfolio either way.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 09:22 AM   #1248
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
Sitting on two call positions in CGC and CRON that are way in-the-money, expiring Friday. I can't decide if I should fill them or if their is going to be a dip after legalization. I am playing the long game on most of this portfolio either way.
I admit, I’m tempted for the second time. We just bought a house. Up 50% on these. Would love to put the money to use for some of the work I need done.

But I’ll be kicking myself if this continues. Tempted, for sure. Yet, I’m sticking with my game plan. Long term goals.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 10:44 AM   #1249
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I admit, I’m tempted for the second time. We just bought a house. Up 50% on these. Would love to put the money to use for some of the work I need done.

But I’ll be kicking myself if this continues. Tempted, for sure. Yet, I’m sticking with my game plan. Long term goals.
First,congrats on the new house!

I’ve set loss limits in my pot stocks I’m way up overall but would be up much much more if I didn’t freak out occasionally!
G8RDPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 10:56 AM   #1250
littleolemoi
"TRF" Member

Had a very good day at 15% plus gains overall

Hoping for even better results this Wednesday October 17th!!!

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
littleolemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 11:51 PM   #1251
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RDPM View Post
First,congrats on the new house!

I’ve set loss limits in my pot stocks I’m way up overall but would be up much much more if I didn’t freak out occasionally!
Much appreciated my friend.

Very exciting times.

Old 17 October 2018, 12:37 AM   #1252
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

I liquidated yesterday just because I saw the nice push and had the feeling there would be a pullback. Up over 50% since January. I'm going to look for the opportunity to jump back in. Canopy and Hydro were my big winners - over 100% up. Aurora and Aphria were low gains.
Can't complain even after taxes I could pick up a new SS BLRO.
Now to get on the list!
Mick8moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 03:39 AM   #1253
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy (126613LB)
Pull back is really strong today. Picked up more HYYDF.
I expected today to go up; Any idea why it's the opposite ?
Old 18 October 2018, 01:32 AM   #1254
gabrielnovar
"TRF" Member

While speculation is running high. Mr. Wonderful had a great take on the marijuana industry. Medical looks really good, recreational I can see margins being eroded to near nothing longer term.

will be interesting to see demand.supply numbers coming out
gabrielnovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 01:44 AM   #1255
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazadams View Post
Sorry Chaz, have not been on the Forum for a few weeks. I've been mostly out of cannabis for past 6 weeks. Yes, there have been some dumps and rallies, but overall, pretty much status quo.

Still feel like today's rec launch is an anti-climactic start with very few retail stores open, mostly online line sales of limited product offerings, and a threaten Canadian Postal strike on Monday. Not the greatest start in my opinion. Still think we are going to see some lower levels before next Spring's edibles launch. That is where my interest is as that is when the market will really explode with new higher profit margin products, and increased capacity to supply it through more retailers.

Hard for me to stay away considering my 2 year bullish stance, but something just doesn't feel right to me at these valuations with this type of a limited launch. Only own MPX Bioceuticals, Charlotte's Web, and a sizable Canopy Call Spread expiring in January at the moment. However, sitting on my largest cash position ever, locked and loaded if they do trickle down the way I hope they do. Hard to be patient but think in the end, I think my call is the correct one, but if I'm wrong, at least my account isn't falling off a cliff.

What could go right? Diageo/Coke/Pepsi could buy into Aphria or CannTrust, and Altria could buy into Aurora. Also, Aurora, Aphria, CannTrust uplistings could give things a positive push too. However, I've learned to not bank on those types of events. If they crest and start trickling down, an uplisting is not going to mean instant gains, and conversely, if Diageo chose a different company than Aphria, it could get smoked, so you have to guard against that too. Good luck!
Old 18 October 2018, 02:28 AM   #1256
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

I thought Altria was interesting in Aphria, not Aurora. Did you see those shots of the Altria plane landing at Windsor Airport?
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 12:12 PM   #1257
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
I thought Altria was interesting in Aphria, not Aurora. Did you see those shots of the Altria plane landing at Windsor Airport?
There was a Betting Bruiser tweet earlier suggesting that Altria is going with Aurora instead of Aphria. Of course, its just a tweet (albeit from a source that is more often right than wrong), so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 18 October 2018, 11:31 PM   #1258
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There was a Betting Bruiser tweet earlier suggesting that Altria is going with Aurora instead of Aphria. Of course, its just a tweet (albeit from a source that is more often right than wrong), so take it with a grain of salt.
Agreed. However, if you look at the profile of the respective companies, Altria seems to be a better fit with Aurora than Aphria in my view. Think the recent $2.3B Diageo debt offering the other day is probably acquisition financing to grab an investment in Aphria. Aphria announced filing for NYSE uplisting this morning, so things arecstarting to get interesting. Just trying to figure out if a strategic investment come before or after an uplisting.

If it comes back down to $12s, very low $13s ever again, I’ll commit to it again, but until then, my focus has been on Charlotte’s Web, MPX, and bullish Canopy Jan ‘19 Call Option Spreads.

For anyone familiar with options, the time value is insane right now, so if one buys the Jan ‘19 $40 Call Options and simultaneously sells the same number of Jan ‘19 $45 Call Options, it will cost approx net $3 premium (x 100 shares/contract), but as long as Canopy is at or above $45 at expiration in 3 months, you net out $2 profit. 66% return in 3 months. Not a bad move if you think Canopy will hold these levels or perhaps even higher by then.

Much better returns than buying and holding the underlying stock over that same period of time as Canopy’s stock price would have to trade up to $83 to provide the same % return. Only caveat is that if stock is at or below $40 at expiration, you lose it all. Breakeven would be $43.
Old 18 October 2018, 11:46 PM   #1259
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorliss View Post
Agreed. However, if you look at the profile of the respective companies, Altria seems to be a better fit with Aurora than Aphria in my view. Think the recent $2.3B Diageo debt offering the other day is probably acquisition financing to grab an investment in Aphria. Aphria announced filing for NYSE uplisting this morning, so things arecstarting to get interesting. Just trying to figure out if a strategic investment come before or after an uplisting.

If it comes back down to $12s, very low $13s ever again, I’ll commit to it again, but until then, my focus has been on Charlotte’s Web, MPX, and bullish Canopy Jan ‘19 Call Option Spreads.

For anyone familiar with options, the time value is insane right now, so if one buys the Jan ‘19 $40 Call Options and simultaneously sells the same number of Jan ‘19 $45 Call Options, it will cost approx net $3 premium (x 100 shares/contract), but as long as Canopy is at or above $45 at expiration in 3 months, you net out $2 profit. 66% return in 3 months. Not a bad move if you think Canopy will hold these levels or perhaps even higher by then.

Much better returns than buying and holding the underlying stock over that same period of time as Canopy’s stock price would have to trade up to $83 to provide the same % return. Only caveat is that if stock is at or below $40 at expiration, you lose it all. Breakeven would be $43.
that is waaaayyyy to stressful for me. my heart could not take the risk.

Old 19 October 2018, 12:21 AM   #1260
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Ianthus is buying MPX! Congrats to all MPX holders!