The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 October 2018, 10:46 PM   #1
gary3535
Banned

Icon20 Prestons of Bolton Leeds " SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT "

Get a load of this , almost a year to the day I walked into Prestons of bolton roughly 3 months before xmas to be exact to buy a green submariner " Hulk " obviously not in stock , so she puts my name on the list and says " it should be here before xmas " .

so not mega demand too be honest , just prior to hulk price explosion !

So a full year later I call in to enquire about the watch that was overdue by 9 months to be told theres 20 people before me and they hadn't had a green sub for 7 months , 7 months LOL !!!!

The best bits this wheres the 20 people come from ???? when I was quoted 3 months .

Its obviously nothing to do with the watch selling at 50% above rrp

You do the maths im stunned !
gary3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2018, 10:59 PM   #2
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary3535 View Post
Get a load of this , almost a year to the day I walked into Prestons of bolton roughly 3 months before xmas to be exact to buy a green submariner " Hulk " obviously not in stock , so she puts my name on the list and says " it should be here before xmas " .

so not mega demand too be honest , just prior to hulk price explosion !

So a full year later I call in to enquire about the watch that was overdue by 9 months to be told theres 20 people before me and they hadn't had a green sub for 7 months , 7 months LOL !!!!

The best bits this wheres the 20 people come from ???? when I was quoted 3 months .

Its obviously nothing to do with the watch selling at 50% above rrp

You do the maths im stunned !
Don’t be stunned.

How much have you spent with this AD in the last few years?

People spending plenty will always jump the list.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2018, 11:00 PM   #3
R G
Banned

You haven't taken in to consideration the famous/more wealthier/important individuals who, incidentally, may have spent more with them over the years. They have an automatic '1st on the list' card.
R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2018, 11:06 PM   #4
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

a year ago the Hulk was absolutely hard to get in the UK. The shortage has been going on here for much longer. Ive never ever seen one in an AD here. In the US i did see one a bit over a year ago on display, but the UK has been a different ballgame.

3 month wait a year ago would be a tough deadline to meet unless you were a VIP.

plenty of 3 year WL talk around that same time right here...https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=577520
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2018, 11:24 PM   #5
azs.77
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, Panerai
Agreed. UK is a tough market. I was there last summer, and shopped around at plenty of ADs. None had SS sports models let alone the Hulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
azs.77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2018, 11:29 PM   #6
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
If I was you, I would have been tempted to put my name down at the Rolex boutique in Leeds? Just across the street there is also a Goldsmiths AD and a Watchfinder in the Victoria Quarter 5 minutes walk away.

You may have already done that of course.

Edit; I have just had a look on Google maps, I didn't realise that what I thought was the Rolex Boutique is in actual fact, Prestons, thats a bit sneeky.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2018, 11:39 PM   #7
watchbowl
"TRF" Member

Quoting a 3 month wait a year ago was not realistic. I’ve been waiting over a year myself and at this rate I’ll get a Pepsi before I get a green sub
watchbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 01:54 AM   #8
Rwatcher
"TRF" Member

Prestons of Bolton closed its doors and the lists from that store were spread between the two other northwest locations. The same happened to my dad with the Daytona list but they are still a fantastic AD and the Leeds store staff will do the best they can to help. Just a shame you were caught in the mess.
Rwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 04:09 AM   #9
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
You do know there's other manufacturers than Rolex?

At this point Rolex isn't worth my money, they keep tanking out DJ's (which no one seem to want) and make year long waiting lists, filled with every grey between here and Johannesburg.

Ridiculous.
Old 24 October 2018, 04:29 AM   #10
dimag333
"TRF" Member

I don’t think wait times have as much to do with spending cash as much as it does with kuth and the dealer possibly thinking they might get referrals from customer they weren’t getting before

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote