The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 October 2016, 06:31 AM   #31
Swanngrinder
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
Agree 110%. I'd get my ass to her office and make a scene if that's what it takes. This isn't the flu, she needs to get to the hospital. You guys are dancing around what might very well be a life or death event.
I agree but was talked out of this by at least a dozen people, as I would have been stopped by the security in her building and it wall would have been for nought essentially. "Did you call her?" that is about as far as I would have made it with security.

I finally got a hold of her and she is on her way to a doctor to get checked out in 30 minutes. I am not going with her, cause she doesn't want me to, and all I care about at this point is keeping her as even keeled as possible.

After this episode though, idk if I can keep this up. It has been a year, and stuff like this seems to be happening in a pattern, with this being the worst example.

I live my life under her microscope, which is on a work bench in the middle of a freeway
Swanngrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 06:41 AM   #32
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
If your partner is perpetually making you unhappy, regardless of whose fault it is, maybe you should take a break. In my old age I have learned that life is too short to live an unhappy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanngrinder View Post
I agree but was talked out of this by at least a dozen people, as I would have been stopped by the security in her building and it wall would have been for nought essentially. "Did you call her?" that is about as far as I would have made it with security.

I finally got a hold of her and she is on her way to a doctor to get checked out in 30 minutes. I am not going with her, cause she doesn't want me to, and all I care about at this point is keeping her as even keeled as possible.

After this episode though, idk if I can keep this up. It has been a year, and stuff like this seems to be happening in a pattern, with this being the worst example.

I live my life under her microscope, which is on a work bench in the middle of a freeway
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 06:48 AM   #33
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
this thread went from genuine concern for a stroke to break up city. smells.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 06:54 AM   #34
Swanngrinder
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Emotions are running high man. I am still young enough (I guess), where I don't know or understand what reasonable expectations are in a serious long term relationship.

Sorry for the BPD posts.
Old 14 October 2016, 06:58 AM   #35
Relyt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer ii
My ex girlfriends dad demanded nobody take him to a hospital after he had stoke like symptoms...... he was in a comma for roughly 6 months.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2005 Explorer ii 16570T
Relyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 07:37 AM   #36
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
GF Just Had a Stroke Possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
She is an adult and has rights just like anyone else. If she is mentally stable you cannot override her rights even if it is in her best interest. Many people make poor personal decisions that have tragic effects, but it is their right to do so.

If you cannot persuade her, then you need to respect her liberty. IMO.

I'd agree as long as they understand the risk and don't play the victim once they've passed the point of no return.

The problem with that is some people have no idea that they're having a stroke when they're having one. Go long enough, and permanent brain damage occurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 07:40 AM   #37
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:

Haha. No kidding

Old 14 October 2016, 07:47 AM   #38
Swanngrinder
"TRF" Member

I should mention she is Korean culturally, American by birth. That's definitely at play here as it is in many aspects of our relationship. She's there now, will keep
Y'all posted.

God I hope she's okay. Supposed to get on a plane to Charleston tomorrow at 7am. Preparing to cancel if needed, guess this is what the seemingly bs trip insurance is for.

Again sorry for the ups and downs.
Old 14 October 2016, 07:50 AM   #39
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
This appears to be a lot more complicated than your girlfriend's health crisis. Without knowing the particulars it is hard to give advice. When you mentioned "happening in a pattern," I have to look at your overall relationship and any self-serving motivations your girlfriend may be pursuing.
I hope all goes well with your girlfriend's doctor visit, and would be curious to hear the results. Explain to her that you were hurt by not being able to come with her, and let her explain her behavior. If you are not satisfied, you may have your answer; something is wrong!
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 07:56 AM   #40
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'm hoping she's alright.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 08:19 AM   #41
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Hoping for good news from her doctor.
Old 14 October 2016, 08:37 AM   #42
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Quote:

That line alone speaks volumes, best of luck sir.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 08:51 AM   #43
Swanngrinder
"TRF" Member

So she got back from the doc an consensus is she had a blood clot brought on by her birth control and smoking some cigarettes last night. She gave me this information as a one and done kind of deal, but I am keeping my ear to the ground and my eyes peeled for any kind of weird physical traits over the next few weeks.

The term blood clot does not seem good, and I know that a brain aneurysm is essentially brought on by these making their way to the head.

We got some stuff to talk about.

Thanks all for the support.
Old 14 October 2016, 09:01 AM   #44
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:
So she got back from the doc an consensus is she had a blood clot brought on by her birth control and smoking some cigarettes last night. She gave me this information as a one and done kind of deal, but I am keeping my ear to the ground and my eyes peeled for any kind of weird physical traits over the next few weeks.

The term blood clot does not seem good, and I know that a brain aneurysm is essentially brought on by these making their way to the head.

We got some stuff to talk about.

Thanks all for the support.

So her doctor told her she has a blood clot floating around her circulatory system and he/she sent her home?

Call me crazy but something sounds way off to me. Good luck with everything

Old 14 October 2016, 09:05 AM   #45
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
So her doctor told her she has a blood clot floating around her circulatory system and he/she sent her home?

Call me crazy but something sounds way off to me. Good luck with everything

Agree again, best of luck OP.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 09:19 AM   #46
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Blood clots are fairly common with birth control pills. However usually they are treated, not sent home. If she had a transient ischemic attack (TIA) she's at risk for another. Did she stop the pills and start some kind of blood thinner?
The other likely possibility would be an irregular heart rhythm that made her light headed and short of breath. That could spontaneously resolve with no evidence it occurred. If it happens again, have her, or you, feel her pulse in the artery in her wrist or neck. See if it is very fast (beats per minute) or irregular.
Unfortunately there's little you can do if she doesn't want to take care of herself. If she wants to ignore symptoms that might suggest a potentially life threatening problem, she's quite literally gambling with her life. There's a reason Russian Roulette isn't very popular. Bad things happen to healthy or young people. Someone is going to be the 1 in 1 million. Hopefully it's not her.
Good luck.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 09:38 AM   #47
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough ;-)
Quote:
call 911 and she will be forced to go.
Call or go and see another Doc

I always go for a second opinion !

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Kingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 09:45 AM   #48
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshrinker View Post
This appears to be a lot more complicated than your girlfriend's health crisis. Without knowing the particulars it is hard to give advice. When you mentioned "happening in a pattern," I have to look at your overall relationship and any self-serving motivations your girlfriend may be pursuing.
I hope all goes well with your girlfriend's doctor visit, and would be curious to hear the results. Explain to her that you were hurt by not being able to come with her, and let her explain her behavior. If you are not satisfied, you may have your answer; something is wrong! [Emphasis mine]
This.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 10:04 AM   #49
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
That line alone speaks volumes, best of luck sir.
Totally agree.

OP, I hope your GF gets her health sorted. In the meantime, if I were you (which I'm not) I'd be considering seeking some independent advice about your relationship. Something that one-sided could have some questionable effects on your own long-term health.

Good luck

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 10:46 AM   #50
chieftd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sub, YM16623
Have her take some aspirin just in case and then off to the ER. Best of luck.
chieftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 10:52 AM   #51
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Take her to the doctor asap.

If she doesn't respect how much you are trying to help her, you should move on to another woman.
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 12:18 PM   #52
Sunriz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I just got a text from my gf where she told me she thinks she had a mild stroke. She was on the train to work, started to have trouble breathing, had to sit, and lost her vision for 40-50 seconds.

She said she is fine now and that she emailed here OBGYN doctor, because she often feels strange the day after starting her active pill. That is the extent of what she has done.

I think we need to go to at the bare minimum a physician to have an exam of some sort and possibly an MRI or whatever kind of test you do when something like this happens. And in my opinion it needs to happen immediately. Right? This is brain/nervous system type shit we are probably talking about.

Am I over reacting? Losing vision for a minute seems like a big deal. She is ignoring my calls and texts trying to get her to explain more to me. Just like she ignores her health, she is now ignoring me being worried about her health. I basically have been begging her to get a physical for months now.

Should I go over to her office and just sit there until she leaves with me? I can't tell what is over reacting in this circumstance. I am on the phone right now with everyone I can think of, no one really knows what to tell me to do.

I am trapped here guys. Trapped to the point where posting on here asking for advice is one of the few things I can think of to do, cause I figure there are some smart folks on here, maybe even some doctors?
I would go see her and comfort her. See if she had these symptoms before and more importantly have they resolved completely. She should definitely let her pimary dr know as well and let them know that she gets symptoms after taking her pill. PPl handle stress in different ways and some ppl dont want to deal with health issues. But in the long run for both of you its best to get these things checked out.
Sunriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 12:22 PM   #53
Rondineli
Banned

Watch: DJ II
I have dropped problematic b*tch** for much less

Just saying
Rondineli is offline   Reply With Quote