The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 24 November 2021, 05:12 AM   #181
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller TT Jub
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpl77 View Post
oh my

Yeah he got banned quickly.
Old 24 November 2021, 06:03 AM   #182
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
This thread is like reading war and peace, who thought a simple question of two completely different watches could illicit this much drama. Both great watches, completely different in design and function. Luckily in life there are choices, nobody can claim one watch is better than another. Anytime a company produces lower volume unit costs go up, if GMC made 3000 trucks a year they would be 450k each to cover the R&D. Patek is a three hand on a rubber strap manufactured in smaller numbers with more time in finishing. The Rolex is a marvel of modern manufacturing that they can reproduce items with such high quality reliably. You bought what you bought be happy with it. No need to talk down another brand. I own Patek and Rolex and love and respect them both. I own a GMC and a Ferrari and love them both. Variety is the spice of life. If you want a great chrono Daytona is hard to beat. You want an iconic three hand on rubber the Aquanaut is a winner.
Old 24 November 2021, 12:58 PM   #183
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller TT Jub
Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
This thread is like reading war and peace, who thought a simple question of two completely different watches could illicit this much drama. Both great watches, completely different in design and function. Luckily in life there are choices, nobody can claim one watch is better than another. Anytime a company produces lower volume unit costs go up, if GMC made 3000 trucks a year they would be 450k each to cover the R&D. Patek is a three hand on a rubber strap manufactured in smaller numbers with more time in finishing. The Rolex is a marvel of modern manufacturing that they can reproduce items with such high quality reliably. You bought what you bought be happy with it. No need to talk down another brand. I own Patek and Rolex and love and respect them both. I own a GMC and a Ferrari and love them both. Variety is the spice of life. If you want a great chrono Daytona is hard to beat. You want an iconic three hand on rubber the Aquanaut is a winner.

Bravo. That’s exactly the point, we can enjoy and love these watches for what they are!
Old 24 November 2021, 01:34 PM   #184
zewill
"TRF" Member

See, only sheep Get Pateks in this market

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackLexus17 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 November 2021, 02:23 PM   #185
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by zewill View Post
Haha, very nice watch though but this thread went weird early and stayed that way….
Old 24 November 2021, 04:08 PM   #186
Neom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Good point. Even a Tissot can beat a Patek in accuracy.

Well, that's not the fault of the brand. It is the underlining currency 'value' they base their resources, energy, labor, etc on. We can't blame Sears for raising prices if the value of the currency diminishes by ~10% in just a year's time as we have today.

Agreed. Of course it is also dependant on what value one personally places on each 'point'.

i believe it is. Both mass produce their products, ok Rolex moreso, yet obviously far more demand for Rolex in normal times than PP worldwide.

Perhaps, yet PP is really in a no-man's zone right now. They're obviously not the best, yet not the worst either, and not really innovative or doing anything truly extraordinary like, for example, Bvlgari, MB&F, FPJ, and many others. Heck, event Panerai is more creative with case types.

Branding and perception is key with many larger commercial companies given their ongoing product lines. Patek and RMille for example.

Ok.

THIS ONE always makes me simile :)

Agreed with most of your points, Patek has been resting on its laureates because they don't need to innovate - same as Rolex.

The pictures you posted are beautiful and amazing but I would never wear these "things" on my wrist - highly impractical and I can't classify them as watches and I surely hope Patek (or any other of the famous brands) will never release models similar or in the same vein of those.
Old 24 November 2021, 08:29 PM   #187
George58
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Aquanaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbone View Post
Sorry but the new Vette engine is hardly "old tech". Read about it. https://www.holley.com/blog/post/eve...lane_crank_v8/

if it matched my s2000 the vette engine wound have 800 plus hp then
Old 24 November 2021, 08:35 PM   #188
George58
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Aquanaut
little know fact pp aqua case is only two part case screw on back on to mid case bezel is part on the case just one of the things that makes it special
Old 24 November 2021, 08:35 PM   #189
SearChart
TechXpert

Neither, both are boring.
Old 24 November 2021, 09:44 PM   #190
Golfbone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George58 View Post
if it matched my s2000 the vette engine wound have 800 plus hp then
An 8 cylinder engine is a different animal than a 4 cylinder. You can't compare them. And to be clear the S2000 made 118.5 HP per liter. The Vette is 5.5 liter so if you multiply that by 118.5 you get 769. The Vette makes 670. It also makes MORE torque per liter than the S2000.....over 85 ft/lb vs 75 for the Honda. The Vette engine is the HIGHEST power naturally aspirated V8 engine ever put into production by anyone. A stunning achievement. It's a lot harder to deliver that kind of power than when the Honda S2000 made. If S2000 existed today it would be way down in terms of HP /Liter. Not even in the top 10 or top 100. In fact it would not crack the top 150!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...cific-outputs/
Old 24 November 2021, 10:46 PM   #191
daveswordfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisscheesegrater View Post
Not only is this out of topic but what fucking right do you have to tell someone what they can and cannot?

And since you want to behave like a bitch, I'll level with you, can you afford a $50k watch? Can you even get one?
How about a $100k watch? Hmm? sit down and shut the fuck up.

Jeez dude. WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 November 2021, 11:15 PM   #192
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Mods time???
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 24 November 2021, 11:26 PM   #193
interestedinwatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zewill View Post
Heavy discussion aside that was clever
Closed Thread