The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2 July 2020, 12:44 PM   #61
Ksario
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba View Post
First thing you need to do is put the microscope away. I bet if you do, all those flaws will disappear and you can just enjoy the watch.
Lol
Old 2 July 2020, 12:47 PM   #62
AzHadEnuf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263,DJ,SUB,BB,THR
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoniman View Post
Impeccable, perfectly refined= GS
Go for Grand Seiko

Your Rolex is fine. It's just blemished. Look under the hood. If genuine 3135, you're good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myc ritz View Post
Buy a Grand Seiko and drive them nuts too.
Too funny, I’ve worn Rolex for near 40 years, been on this forum about 6 years and every time this topic comes up I say to myself, “Well it won’t be long until the Grand Seiko guys chime in about if you wanted a perfect dial you should have bought a GS”.

Well I bought my first GS this week and after careful macro inspection all I can say is...

All you Grand Seiko guys are correct. The printing, finishing and date windows are perfect. There I said it.
Old 2 July 2020, 01:04 PM   #63
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
A 10X loupe is bad enough, or should I say good enough to find an imperfection on a Rolex. But My Goodness! A Microscope!!! ... Enjoy your Sub date, Its real... I have a Couple each, Rolex and Omega Subs, love both and the Rolex have nothing over the Omegas. They are far from being the perfect watch.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 2 July 2020, 01:10 PM   #64
G.Montag
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHadEnuf View Post
Too funny, I’ve worn Rolex for near 40 years, been on this forum about 6 years and every time this topic comes up I say to myself, “Well it won’t be long until the Grand Seiko guys chime in about if you wanted a perfect dial you should have bought a GS”.

Well I bought my first GS this week and after careful macro inspection all I can say is...

All you Grand Seiko guys are correct. The printing, finishing and date windows are perfect. There I said it.
Is that a spec of dust on the 8 in 18?
Old 2 July 2020, 01:14 PM   #65
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Return the watch for complete refund (if possible).

Exit Hobby as you will be driven mad by imperfection. It just isn’t going to be for you..

Your other choice is to accept imperfections and help yourself in the process
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
Old 2 July 2020, 01:22 PM   #66
B.F. Pigeon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel2020 View Post
Hi

I just bought a 116610Ln from a website . The watch was first bought in Italy one month ago. I have been looking on the watch with a microscope for two days and found some defects . I’ve noticed a black dot on the 16:00 Dial , 3 dots on the edge of the glass (past and after 18:00 , and before 12:00) . I’ve also noticed à Particle of dust on number 2 in 23 in the date and the symmetry on number 5 in 25 . I took this watch to an AD and they claim that the watch is real and not fake . But they can’t promise me that they can fix these defects . They didn’t want to help me first . But when I said that I can pay for a functional test of the watch they said that they could look at it . They now tell me that the watch is real but they don’t know if they could fix these defects. Shouldn’t they send the watch to Rolex for a warranty claim ? Shouldn’t I be able to get it fixed for free ? I have 5 years left on the warranty . Have anybody seen or heard of defects like this on a real watch ?
I made the same mistake entering the forum with queries on absolutely minor imperfections on my watch; "loupes are for pateks" yadiyadayada. Although some of the above replies are a bit harsh, they are however correct; let go, enjoy the watch, wear the hell out of it as it is a wonderful piece.
Old 2 July 2020, 01:22 PM   #67
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Anyone seen Padi?
Old 2 July 2020, 01:41 PM   #68
JohnnyM
Banned

Watch: All the good ones
That is a stellar microscope, where may I ask did you buy it and what model is it?
Old 2 July 2020, 01:46 PM   #69
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Impeccable, perfectly refined= GS
Go for Grand Seiko
This.
Old 2 July 2020, 01:59 PM   #70
samsmart
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Tint
You can't let stuff like this bother you. I was similar when I first got into collecting. The older I got, the poorer my vision became, and now they don't bother me nearly as bad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 2 July 2020, 02:08 PM   #71
Johnpierpontmorgan
Banned

Who let this lunatic out?
Old 2 July 2020, 02:22 PM   #72
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
It is not the watch that has problems.

I have heard of using loupes before . . . but a MICROSCOPE?

Jeebus!

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
Old 2 July 2020, 02:26 PM   #73
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
First thing you need to do is put the microscope away. I bet if you do, all those flaws will disappear and you can just enjoy the watch.
Ha. I second this.
Old 2 July 2020, 02:31 PM   #74
Shdrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi

I just bought a 116610Ln from a website . The watch was first bought in Italy one month ago. I have been looking on the watch with a microscope for two days and found some defects . I’ve noticed a black dot on the 16:00 Dial , 3 dots on the edge of the glass (past and after 18:00 , and before 12:00) . I’ve also noticed à Particle of dust on number 2 in 23 in the date and the symmetry on number 5 in 25 . I took this watch to an AD and they claim that the watch is real and not fake . But they can’t promise me that they can fix these defects . They didn’t want to help me first . But when I said that I can pay for a functional test of the watch they said that they could look at it . They now tell me that the watch is real but they don’t know if they could fix these defects. Shouldn’t they send the watch to Rolex for a warranty claim ? Shouldn’t I be able to get it fixed for free ? I have 5 years left on the warranty . Have anybody seen or heard of defects like this on a real watch ?
Return the watch. It has too many defects. And dont get another Rolex, because almost all will have the same kind of defects, because seems like Rolex has quality control issues. Just my honest opinion.
Old 2 July 2020, 02:33 PM   #75
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I have enjoyed reading all the comments.
Old 2 July 2020, 02:34 PM   #76
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHadEnuf View Post

I see tiny microscopic speck somewhere between hour markers.
Old 2 July 2020, 02:37 PM   #77
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
😂. I just want to know if these things can happen. I have heard that It’s impossible for Rolex to make plenty mistakes like this . Especially on the newer models that’s must be 100% perfect , otherwise it’s probably fake . But Know I know it’s real and why shouldn’t I be able to get those defects fixed if they are not suppose to be there ? Because if it’s impossible for this watch to have come out from the Rolex factory like this , then someone have opened it . Maybe the dealer who bought it have had it authenticated and the defects came that way. Then it shouldn’t be a warranty claim . But if these things can happen at the Rolex factory I should be able to get it fixed . I personally doesn’t think these things can happen at a Rolex factory . But the dealer I bought it from says that Rolex must fix this otherwise he gives my my money back. I don’t know what to believe .
Second post I've read like this today. Don't worry about things that don't need worrying about.

You've just created a load of headache for yourself that you wouldn't have if you had just put the watch on and enjoyed it. I can't imagine ever buying a new watch and spending 2 days looking at it under a microscope.
Old 2 July 2020, 02:37 PM   #78
peterpl
Banned

HAHAHAHAHA - LMFAO

Its a Rolex
Old 2 July 2020, 02:47 PM   #79
yoniman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
No true, my GS has flaws just like my omega's and rolexes... more importantly, rolex and omega service centres fix it if you point it out, with GS they tell you it's in spec and tell you to go away.
Oh, wow. It was a general perception the newer ones are near perfect.

May I see your GS in macro shot?
cheers
Old 2 July 2020, 02:56 PM   #80
troways
"TRF" Member

Just sell it at MSRP, you can make 2 people happy including youself.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-T725C 發送
Old 2 July 2020, 03:00 PM   #81
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
Quote:
Bingo! Do this

2FA security active
Old 2 July 2020, 03:24 PM   #82
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

If you look for flaws, you will find them.
Old 2 July 2020, 04:01 PM   #83
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Return the watch for complete refund (if possible).

Exit Hobby as you will be driven mad by imperfection. It just isn’t going to be for you..

Your other choice is to accept imperfections and help yourself in the process
Old 2 July 2020, 05:18 PM   #84
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
These are no quality control issues, these are OCD issues.

Not a single RSC will ever help you with this under 'warranty', put the loupe away, take a deep breath and just enjoy your new watch.

Have to agree Bas and just another simple plain true fact, high magnification can, and will be,a new Rolex owners worst enemy.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 2 July 2020, 06:16 PM   #85
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh, wow. It was a general perception the newer ones are near perfect.

May I see your GS in macro shot?
cheers

Nah I only have a iPhone as a camera. The thing is GS are great watches and generally finish above their pay grade. The thing is there are flaws like all watches. I have a 5x loupe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 July 2020, 06:44 PM   #86
Bruno Datejust
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Besides the dust I mean the black dot on the dial-marker 4 0 clock and the black dots on the edge of the glass after 6 0 clock and before 12 0 clock . I probably am wrong but I have heard from so many people that Rolex doesn’t make mistakes like this . All new models must be perfect otherwise it’s probably fake . But I have have had it authenticated from an Rolex Ad . It’s real . But one employee says it’s impossible for Rolex to do this mistakes and another one says it can happen. So know it’s authenticated but I’m waiting for them to see what they are going to do with the “defects”. The dealer I bought it from takes back the watch and gives me my money back if they don’t fix it .
Well, you've already harvested quite harsh comments, so you should decide what you want: an authentic Rolex? a Rolex-looking watch, even if it's more than Rolex would give you? a perfect watch? a watch you can examine for two days under a microscope? Altogether in one watch seems to be quite impossible. Certainly put away the microscope and if you are satisfied with your watch, observing it closely with bare eye, and knowing it's authentic, and having all the prestige and the benefits of being a Rolex, you should be fine. Otherwise take a super-perfect Grand Seiko and be aware that you will have to give it away for a piece of bread if you change your mind. To be honest, I quickly checked out your photos and am simply unable to understand which are the spots and flares you are talking about. In general the printing is not crisp enough for a microscope, that's all. But I don't believe this should be a valid request.
Old 2 July 2020, 07:08 PM   #87
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

How do you get through life? Nothing is ‘perfect.’ .......it’s all a bit messy, but we manage.
Just relax and enjoy the world around you. Now I’m going to examine our cat, in case it isn’t up to standard.
Old 2 July 2020, 07:14 PM   #88
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
How did you clean your microscope and camera before taking the photos?
Old 2 July 2020, 07:19 PM   #89
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Might not be a fake, but those imperfections looked at under a microscope will clearly have other people think it's fake.

Wouldn't wear that in public tbh, I understand your concerns. Send it to a RSC and have them fix it, embarrassing for Rolex.
Old 2 July 2020, 07:49 PM   #90
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
😂. I just want to know if these things can happen. I have heard that It’s impossible for Rolex to make plenty mistakes like this . Especially on the newer models that’s must be 100% perfect , otherwise it’s probably fake . But Know I know it’s real and why shouldn’t I be able to get those defects fixed if they are not suppose to be there ? Because if it’s impossible for this watch to have come out from the Rolex factory like this , then someone have opened it . Maybe the dealer who bought it have had it authenticated and the defects came that way. Then it shouldn’t be a warranty claim . But if these things can happen at the Rolex factory I should be able to get it fixed . I personally doesn’t think these things can happen at a Rolex factory . But the dealer I bought it from says that Rolex must fix this otherwise he gives my my money back. I don’t know what to believe .
Trust me, the dealer you bought it from is the only change of getting your money back.

RSC will not 'fix' any of this.
Closed Thread