The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 January 2022, 10:45 PM   #61
telesquire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
The Submariner now at £7150 or the Sub Date at £8050 makes an Omega Seamaster Diver 300m incredible value for money at £4630 on a bracelet or £4360 on a rubber strap.

Omega must be rubbing their hands with glee at these price rises plus the lack of in store availability for most Rolex watches.
I'm not certain Omega is a desired alternative to Rolex nor a worthy one.I prefer the look of a micro brand like Vertex and the M60 and save a couple more grand.
telesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 10:48 PM   #62
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
£12,400 for a SS blue Jubilee. I'll be happy to pay that if mine comes in before the next price rise. It probably won't.
Having just got my SkyD, I was surprised that the price rise was so small, compared to Sub and GMT rises.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 10:51 PM   #63
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Play View Post
I agree Seamaster Diver 300m are a good value proposition if you like the design, however, they will remain far cheaper than a Submariner for a reason........there is nowhere near the level of demand for them as there is for the Submariner. I really don’t think the price increase will help Omega at all.

Omega have increased their prices far more than Rolex as a percentage over last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 10:54 PM   #64
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Play View Post
I agree Seamaster Diver 300m are a good value proposition if you like the design, however, they will remain far cheaper than a Submariner for a reason........there is nowhere near the level of demand for them as there is for the Submariner. I really don’t think the price increase will help Omega at all.
Sorry I have to disagree, a Rolex diver is unavailable to the vast majority of shoppers looking for their first luxury watch, they are only available to those with history at the store. Omega are however not requiring you to jump through hoops for their watches, they are readily available at the stores, competitively priced and will appeal to many many people who are just not willing to play the game at the Rolex AD.

Rolex are enjoying having some of the most sought after watches on the planet but why, they are not hand built by craftsmen and women but by a mix of machine and human input, they are surfing the wave of hyped demand and good luck to them.

But not everyone is going to want to wait 2 years for a watch, or pay for other goods that they don’t want, or pay at least 50% above retail for a watch via the grey market. I believe that this will open doors for Omega, Tudor, TAG and other brands to pick up sales from disillusioned people expecting to be able to get their ‘Sport’ watch from Rolex

Rolex have played the rise very well, the sought after watches are getting the big price increases whereas the humble DJ’s and the like have only seen small increases so if I want to add a TT DJ to my collection the increase is minimal compared to the £1000 rise on the SD43 which is on my wish list at the AD.

In fact I could buy a TTDJ 41 for less than the price of the SD43, and have a bit of bling on my wrist.

So if you are out getting your first luxury watch and a ‘Sport’ style is what you want then I believe that Omega and others will pick up a lot of business with their Dive watches.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 10:57 PM   #65
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is why I first went for the black Dial SS. Not only does the dial have a rather nice subtle sunburst, I didn't have any black dial Rolex at the time (1 white, 1 green, 2 blue). And I really like it. But that blue dial, well.....
The black is fantastic, the blue is next level.
Old 1 January 2022, 11:08 PM   #66
DBlue2018
"TRF" Member

Yachtmaster 2 have stayed same. Being discontinued?
What’s the rrp on the white gold YM2 now as still says poa?

Oysterflex dwellers come down a bit!!!

Ladies mother of pearl faces down a bit

Sports steel up 10%

Others modest increases

Interesting how they have done it
DBlue2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 11:23 PM   #67
Madman37
"TRF" Member

The price increases have meant that what I paid grey for my watches is not that bad and the gap is getting much smaller. I actually got the watch I wanted without a buying shite loads jewellery and kissing an ADs arse
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 11:25 PM   #68
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
TT SD43 = $17k (not too shabby)

Deepsea D-Blue = $14,150 ($12,900 was a bargain!!)
MSRP: Singapore, today- DSSD-James Cameron

Jun 2021 S$16,800 (US$12,500)
Dec 2021 S$17,800 (US$13,200)
Jan 2022 S$19,550 (US$14,500)
Arwhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 11:28 PM   #69
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610ln YM37 wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
The price increases have meant that what I paid grey for my watches is not that bad and the gap is getting much smaller. I actually got the watch I wanted without a buying shite loads jewellery and kissing an ADs arse
me too, a couple of more years I should break even
S7gpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 11:39 PM   #70
Arwhin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well said, you got want you wanted right away and not 5 years wait.

Got mine @ gray with a +25% MSRP just in Feb 2021.

Under 11 months today, I am close to breaking even and even if I wanted to flip it back into the open market, it will +25% profit or even more.

How tables have turned between AD Hopes vs Gray market reality under a year!!!!!
Arwhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 11:40 PM   #71
winst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex71168 View Post
Tudor prices up too

BB58 up 5.8%
Where have you seen this please - I’ve checked the Tudor UK Website and Beaverbrooks and they’re still £2760 on Bracelet?
winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 11:41 PM   #72
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
Having just got my SkyD, I was surprised that the price rise was so small, compared to Sub and GMT rises.
the oysterflex also just rise for 50GBP... if i remember correctly
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 11:44 PM   #73
skyblue12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddragon View Post
Just checked the price of the Rolex 279173 Lady Datejust 28 MOP diamonds, jubilee oyster and yellow gold just got for the wife. Was £10,850. However it’s now dropped £1000 to £9850!?! It seems to be the ONLY one that dropped across the series due to the MOP previously being the highest dial but now dropped to a £350 premium over the normal diamonds. Just wondering if there’s a mistake or should I talk to the AD for a refund of the £1000 given I’m still within my exchange window!?!

Do Rolex do price drops!?
Good point! I too have a 2021 Dj 36 mop diamond on a oyster and it looks like that price has dropped. I'm sure it's about £1000 cheaper than yesterday. It's surely a mistake.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
skyblue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 12:04 AM   #74
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblue12 View Post
Good point! I too have a 2021 Dj 36 mop diamond on a oyster and it looks like that price has dropped. I'm sure it's about £1000 cheaper than yesterday. It's surely a mistake.

41 mm DJ with MOP and diamonds has dropped £1400.

So guess it’s not a mistake.
Old 2 January 2022, 12:22 AM   #75
Alex71168
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winst View Post
Where have you seen this please - I’ve checked the Tudor UK Website and Beaverbrooks and they’re still £2760 on Bracelet?
When you go on to Tudor select the actual watch as their front page prices are the old prices. Poor show by Tudor!

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watche...t/m79030b-0001
Alex71168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 12:54 AM   #76
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
The Submariner now at £7150 or the Sub Date at £8050 makes an Omega Seamaster Diver 300m incredible value for money at £4630 on a bracelet or £4360 on a rubber strap.

Omega must be rubbing their hands with glee at these price rises plus the lack of in store availability for most Rolex watches.
If the ND is now over 7k, and it was 5k when I bought one in 16, then that's a 40% rise in 5 years, quite significant for "conservative old Rolex", and yes Omegas and Breitlings too can represent some amazing value outside of the chronos.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 01:02 AM   #77
Lafaiete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
If the ND is now over 7k, and it was 5k when I bought one in 16, then that's a 40% rise in 5 years, quite significant for "conservative old Rolex", and yes Omegas and Breitlings too can represent some amazing value outside of the chronos.
I bought an Omega SMPc in 2016. I think I paid £2300 for it. They are now £4630 RRP!
Lafaiete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 03:11 AM   #78
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Nice catch. Congratulations.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 03:19 AM   #79
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Omega are however not requiring you to jump through hoops for their watches, they are readily available at the stores, competitively priced and will appeal to many many people who are just not willing to play the game at the Rolex AD.
That's because they are in lower demand, leading to higher supply. If Omega becomes the next fad brand and demand outstrips supply by several orders of magnitude, they'll have people jumping through hoops in a blink.

I'm not aware of any Rolex only stores in the UK. There may well be a few. The vast majority of Rolex ADs are Omega ADs. From what I can see, not many people have refused to buy Omegas from these ADs who allegedly also play silly Rolex games. Again, I may be wrong about that. Maybe ADs can't sell Omegas because prospective Rolex customers are so pissed off with them? That might explain the Omega availability.
Old 2 January 2022, 03:20 AM   #80
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The black is fantastic, the blue is next level.
Old 2 January 2022, 03:21 AM   #81
winst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex71168 View Post
When you go on to Tudor select the actual watch as their front page prices are the old prices. Poor show by Tudor!

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watche...t/m79030b-0001
Ah - thanks for that Alex! Just under 6% increase then, the likes of the BB58 and Pelagos though are still incredible watches for the money.
winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 03:23 AM   #82
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I agree. This is part of the justification I gave myself in December 2019 when I jumped on a black Sky Dweller from a grey dealer. I wasn't wrong, but then again, it didn't take much working out.
Old 2 January 2022, 04:28 AM   #83
April26
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36
So does anyone know why it’s just the MOP dial
That has dropped money? Mine has gone
Down 1500 since I brought it
April26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 04:57 AM   #84
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by April26 View Post
I guess just not that popular and slow sellers.
Old 2 January 2022, 04:57 AM   #85
skyblue12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by April26 View Post
Mate, I'm not happy either with Mop price drop! A Rolex going down in price is outrageous.

skyblue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 05:03 AM   #86
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddragon View Post
Just checked the price of the Rolex 279173 Lady Datejust 28 MOP diamonds, jubilee oyster and yellow gold just got for the wife. Was £10,850. However it’s now dropped £1000 to £9850!?! It seems to be the ONLY one that dropped across the series due to the MOP previously being the highest dial but now dropped to a £350 premium over the normal diamonds. Just wondering if there’s a mistake or should I talk to the AD for a refund of the £1000 given I’m still within my exchange window!?!

Do Rolex do price drops!?
I’ve never heard of an AD in UK having an exchange policy.
Old 2 January 2022, 05:20 AM   #87
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
That's because they are in lower demand, leading to higher supply. If Omega becomes the next fad brand and demand outstrips supply by several orders of magnitude, they'll have people jumping through hoops in a blink.

I'm not aware of any Rolex only stores in the UK. There may well be a few. The vast majority of Rolex ADs are Omega ADs. From what I can see, not many people have refused to buy Omegas from these ADs who allegedly also play silly Rolex games. Again, I may be wrong about that. Maybe ADs can't sell Omegas because prospective Rolex customers are so pissed off with them? That might explain the Omega availability.
Have two separate stores, Rolex AD sells the mighty crown plus Cartier and Hublot whereas the Omega store is WoS run boutique and is Omega only.

My last conversation with the Omega team indicated that they weren't struggling for business and that sales were exceptionally good, the manager expected to meet his quarterly and second half annual sales targets although the yearly one was shot too pieces due to covid. To back this up the store was busy, all the sales desks full and people wandering round the store looking at the display of available watches.

So yes for some people it is a Rolex or nothing, for others it is a touch of reality and happy to look at alternatives.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 05:27 AM   #88
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610ln YM37 wife
Quote:
Have two separate stores, Rolex AD sells the mighty crown plus Cartier and Hublot whereas the Omega store is WoS run boutique and is Omega only.

My last conversation with the Omega team indicated that they weren't struggling for business and that sales were exceptionally good, the manager expected to meet his quarterly and second half annual sales targets although the yearly one was shot too pieces due to covid. To back this up the store was busy, all the sales desks full and people wandering round the store looking at the display of available watches.

So yes for some people it is a Rolex or nothing, for others it is a touch of reality and happy to look at alternatives.
not sure about other parts of UK but Leeds has its own rolex AD that ONLY sells Rolex
S7gpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 05:56 AM   #89
al1786
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7gpt View Post
not sure about other parts of UK but Leeds has its own rolex AD that ONLY sells Rolex

Glasgow also has a Rolex only boutique operated by WOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
al1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 05:57 AM   #90
jrox
"TRF" Member

Air-King up 11.65%
£5150 vs £5750

Is this the highest % increase of any model?
jrox is offline   Reply With Quote