The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 September 2023, 03:05 AM   #1
Diamondgal
"TRF" Member

Celebration dial, why so many on Chrono24?

Doing my weekly trawl to find an OP 31 I saw multiple watches with the celebration dial on Chrono 24. Presumably this version is only available to good Rolex customers who’ve not had to wait long for the watch- but they’re selling them straight away? For 3 or 4 times retail? Why can Rolex and the boutiques not crack down this? For those of us actually having to wait for something (a year so far in my case) it’s immensely frustrating.
Diamondgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 03:29 AM   #2
Pop Art Suzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust
I just looked on their website out of curiosity, because I love that dial. Wow! They are extremely overpriced, too. Really sad.
Old 21 September 2023, 03:47 AM   #3
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Celebration dial, why so many on Chrono24?

If it’s so sought after, why are the people who are getting the call, flipping them? I wonder if ADs are just calling their “big spenders”, and offering it to them. Then they are buying them and flipping them, for profit. The only other possibility is ADs are selling them out the back door. Whatever is going on, for those of us on the list, it’s very disheartening….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 03:57 AM   #4
Know1isgod
"TRF" Member

Speculators. Then again, if folks are still lining up to pay $30k for essentially a turquoise OP41, maybe they see a new market.

I still believe there are only a limited number of folks who would drop $30K on that.
Know1isgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 03:59 AM   #5
cdmorenot

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I love that dial. As someone that has been through almost every variant of every stainless steel model, I want it.

I want one for me and I want one for my wife.

The price is outrageous! I'm sure there are many others out there like me that really want this dial.
Old 21 September 2023, 04:01 AM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondgal View Post
Doing my weekly trawl to find an OP 31 I saw multiple watches with the celebration dial on Chrono 24. Presumably this version is only available to good Rolex customers who’ve not had to wait long for the watch- but they’re selling them straight away? For 3 or 4 times retail? Why can Rolex and the boutiques not crack down this? For those of us actually having to wait for something (a year so far in my case) it’s immensely frustrating.
Mainly because Rolex watches today are little more than ££$$€€ object things and little more sold to the highest bidder.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 04:20 AM   #7
Podmornica
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondgal View Post
Presumably this version is only available to good Rolex customers who’ve not had to wait long for the watch- but they’re selling them straight away?
That's because 90% of good Rolex customers in the past years were strictly flippers.
Podmornica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 04:24 AM   #8
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
You can’t always get what you want. That’s life
Old 21 September 2023, 04:31 AM   #9
Guppydriver

Watch: 126710BLNR
Just more evidence that AD's are more complicit than some would like to believe. AD's know damn well who keeps the watches they buy and who doesn't, especially amongst their whales.

AD's receive a very finite amount of these watches. They could choose to sell it to a big spending preferred customer who will wear and enjoy it, or they could could sell it to a known whale flipper (pardon the pun) who perhaps has just a tad more spend history. I personally believe there is more than likely a little envelope that gets passed along to the AD or SA when these watches are sold to known flippers.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 04:31 AM   #10
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

From what I have observed being sold in a certain social media watch group I will not name, I absolutely would not touch one of these celebration OPs unless it came from an AD. There are a LOT of aftermarket celebration & jigsaw dials starting to circulate. The group I speak of allows these watches to be sold provided it is clearly indicated the dial is aftermarket, but I worry about what happens to that piece on down the line...
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 05:20 AM   #11
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
From what I have observed being sold in a certain social media watch group I will not name, I absolutely would not touch one of these celebration OPs unless it came from an AD. There are a LOT of aftermarket celebration & jigsaw dials starting to circulate. The group I speak of allows these watches to be sold provided it is clearly indicated the dial is aftermarket, but I worry about what happens to that piece on down the line...

I was thinking the same. There are a lot for sale, that mention a “custom dial”, which means it’s aftermarket. I will keep my name on the list, at my AD, and I will either get the call, or not.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2023, 05:29 AM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Scroll to "Shipper Seller Information"

Often it will say "item needs to be procured"

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 01:48 AM   #13
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
And lots are aftermarket dails as stated in the ads description.
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 04:30 AM   #14
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

I reckon most of these high-spending ‘whales’ are really flippers. Rolex last a lifetime, they don’t wear out, so who needs or how many can afford to buy multiple watches year-on-year?

Ok, there are some multi-millionaires with high levels of spare cash who want to blow it on watches rather than houses, boats, cars etc. etc. but surely not enough for every AD to have a list of them
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 12:58 PM   #15
seabreeze
2024 Pledge Member

i wonder why

First, I spoke with a dealer today, he was transparent and said they are putting aftermarket dials on real rolexes......im not interested, but I appreciated that he told me (he had one at 9k when all the others are 15ish). He said although he is on Chrono24 he wont put these...sort of made me feel a little better about other things I have bought there....BUT ..a different thought regarding flippers and following up on Kats comment,

For all Rolexes rules and money, you would think it would be a simple matter for them to track these down, and punish the dealers. IF these are being offered to high value customers and being flipped a 4-6 man global team could monitor the aftermarket, buy a flipped watch here and there and trace back to which dealer it went from.

It would be a simple matter to put in the sales contract buyer will not flip the product, if he does, and does it multiple times he gets put on a blacklist and cant buy .....whats one more rule ??? !!!

For me, I may try and put my name on the list but in the meantime I might spend $200-$500 on a Citizen or Tissot with the Tiffany dial, and think summer while I wait !
Victorinox Swiss Army 24221 - circa 1985
Sold but wish I didn't
Rolex DateJust 1603 - 1972
seabreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 12:10 AM   #16
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
In a free market economy the value of a product is determined by the availability and desirability of that product. Many other factors also figure into it but for luxury goods the rules are very different. Rolex is a wholesaler to AD's and they have made the profit they desire when the watch is sold to the AD. They are not here to police the secondary market and chase flippers and AD's. If an issue does arise with an AD I am sure they handle it. It is not going to change until market conditions warrant a change.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 12:36 AM   #17
RTG

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Scroll to "Shipper Seller Information"

Often it will say "item needs to be procured"

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
+1
RTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 11:28 AM   #18
wesdaniel

Watch: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex1982 View Post
And lots are aftermarket dails as stated in the ads description.
There are a TON of aftermarket dials available to mimic the celebration dial and they'e so good they're almost impossible to differentiate. There is a 0% chance that I'd buy one from anyone other than an AD/boutique or a very, very trusted dealer.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 04:04 PM   #19
PierreiAm
"TRF" Member

I’m seeing an influx of fakes. The good thing is you can tell pretty easily with this dial. Just compare the photo from the Rolex website to the photos they show in the ads and you’ll see what I’m talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PierreiAm is offline   Reply With Quote