The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 March 2018, 11:51 PM   #91
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
I predict that most of us will be wrong.....
Old 19 March 2018, 11:51 PM   #92
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Seth,

I think a Basel prediction would be just as futile for me as filling out a NCAA bracket.

Although I know just a little bit more about watches, guessing what Rolex is going to do is right on par with a 16 beating a 1.

OK, I'll go ahead anyway...what the heck. Maybe they're just going to make the jubilee an option for the LN/BLNR and make the BLNR even more insanely popular?
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 11:55 PM   #93
RMC12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf/Hulk/1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
And with them discontinuing the wg version...

Crazier things have happened.
I know I must have missed something here, but how does everyone KNOW they are discontinuing the BLRO???
RMC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 11:56 PM   #94
theken
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
1. Submariners with upgraded movement and possibly a new dial/bezel combination.
2. Milgauss II, different dial and possibly drop the orange lighting bolt second hand.
3. Turn O Graph II with 38-40 mm case size.
theken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:00 AM   #95
toto
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M, 116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC12 View Post
I know I must have missed something here, but how does everyone KNOW they are discontinuing the BLRO???
Apparently it's not possible to order one anymore at ADs. Since end of last year I suppose? (not sure)

This has been reported by multiple people on TRF.
toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:11 AM   #96
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
Seth,

I think a Basel prediction would be just as futile for me as filling out a NCAA bracket.

Although I know just a little bit more about watches, guessing what Rolex is going to do is right on par with a 16 beating a 1.

OK, I'll go ahead anyway...what the heck. Maybe they're just going to make the jubilee an option for the LN/BLNR and make the BLNR even more insanely popular?
Larry, I agree with you 100%.

It is basically futile.

HOWEVER, that does not stop endless discussions on the potential outcome of tons and tons of sporting events. People are making billions on speculating sporting outcomes.

I personally dont care about the Super Bowl or the World Series, or the World Cup.

I do however care about what comes out at Basel.

I am excited about this, and having fun reading the comments. Well, most of them.

And btw, I love your prediction and hope it comes out. I think it would be a super smart move.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:23 AM   #97
RMC12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf/Hulk/1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by toto View Post
Apparently it's not possible to order one anymore at ADs. Since end of last year I suppose? (not sure)

This has been reported by multiple people on TRF.
Ok, cheers for that. I have seen lots of people saying it is going to be discontinued on numerous threads I just never picked up on how everyone knew.

There are always threads about certain models being on the chopping block and most people take them with a pinch of salt. I was just curious as how everyone was so confident this time.
RMC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:31 AM   #98
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Submariner Oyster-flex
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:32 AM   #99
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duey View Post
submariner oyster-flex
i hope so!!!!

Old 20 March 2018, 12:41 AM   #100
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
https://journal.hautehorlogerie.org/...-for-a-change/

Lol. Just saw this. I was told this last summer when I put my deposit on the 126600. They couldn’t order any subs and still till today they have a waiting list for the 116610LV and haven’t had an LN for about 6 months. They said the only time they had ever seen this was a change in a watch. In 1999-2000 when the sel came out they had a wait list. When they were phasing our the 16610 to a 116610 they had a wait list. Same with the GMT. When the 116710 came out they didn’t have any 16710’s in stock for awhile or so they told me.

I kept getting told by my other friends that Rolex In NYC was just starting rumors to increase the value. But I think it will happen. A new sub and gmt is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
occb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:44 AM   #101
Speed
"TRF" Member

More DateJust dials!
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:48 AM   #102
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I predict that most of us will be wrong.....
I think you're right!
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:57 AM   #103
smabe123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gotta Catch'em all
Maybe if I spam "new turn-o-graph" enough, it'll actually happen!
Old 20 March 2018, 12:57 AM   #104
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just move along brother.

It’s just a watch forum. And just having a little fun. Clearly no one knows...that’s why it’s a prediction.
No need to personalize.

From my forum reading it seems that this same Basel question/type of thread has already been frequently posted, possibly with different wording, and raising different models, as well as extensively discussed and answered.

While you may be very passionate about Rolex predictions, others might find a bit of fatigue in the repetition. Either way, we will certainly see what Rolex does.
lucevan le stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 12:59 AM   #105
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
i dont necessarily think this will happen but will try to will it so via my post...

SS PepsiC on Jubilee
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:01 AM   #106
Beowulf
"TRF" Member

Ceramic dials, to join the ceramic bezels.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:04 AM   #107
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
I can't see a a WG Coke GMT ever being a great seller, look at the BLRO flop.

Personally I'd consider a Cellini that looks lile a Calatrava or a Patrimony although with some distinctive Rolex feature, nothing from their current weird offering.

What I'd really like to see is a bigger Daytona. I want a 42mm chrono, not that tiny little unreadable thing.

A new Sub would be cool too.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:19 AM   #108
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevan le stelle View Post
No need to personalize.

From my forum reading it seems that this same Basel question/type of thread has already been frequently posted, possibly with different wording, and raising different models, as well as extensively discussed and answered.

While you may be very passionate about Rolex predictions, others might find a bit of fatigue in the repetition. Either way, we will certainly see what Rolex does.

Please help me understand how I personalized. I ask because it was not my intention. I would like to learn from this to ensure I don't do it again.

In regards to your most recent post, why bother? Why not just move along? You don't like the topic? OK, why waste your time?

You are fatigued by the topic? Then why engage? Just move on.

It is the week of Basel. I am in a watch forum dedicated to Rolex watches. I am speculating on what might come. This is fun for me. Why would you be so negative as to put your spin on it. And again, why not simply move on?

Endless sports websites, TV shows, radio shows etc talk about all the big sporting events and even small sporting events. These are talked about NON STOP.

We have one big event in the watch world, and you are complaining on a watch forum that I am posting something that might have been posted before in a different way???

My man, I pass by a lot of threads that I have no real interest in. As they are not worth taking up my time.

Why not just move on?

Old 20 March 2018, 01:31 AM   #109
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Quote:
Please help me understand how I personalized. I ask because it was not my intention. I would like to learn from this to ensure I don't do it again.

In regards to your most recent post, why bother? Why not just move along? You don't like the topic? OK, why waste your time?

You are fatigued by the topic? Then why engage? Just move on.

It is the week of Basel. I am in a watch forum dedicated to Rolex watches. I am speculating on what might come. This is fun for me. Why would you be so negative as to put your spin on it. And again, why not simply move on?

Endless sports websites, TV shows, radio shows etc talk about all the big sporting events and even small sporting events. These are talked about NON STOP.

We have one big event in the watch world, and you are complaining on a watch forum that I am posting something that might have been posted before in a different way???

My man, I pass by a lot of threads that I have no real interest in. As they are not worth taking up my time.

Why not just move on?
Well said! He's been here a month and already has fatigue on Basel... happens every year, part of the fun. No one is stopping other horological discussions.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:51 AM   #110
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
I can't see a a WG Coke GMT ever being a great seller, look at the BLRO flop.

Personally I'd consider a Cellini that looks lile a Calatrava or a Patrimony although with some distinctive Rolex feature, nothing from their current weird offering.

What I'd really like to see is a bigger Daytona. I want a 42mm chrono, not that tiny little unreadable thing.

A new Sub would be cool too.

It was a flop because it was WG and 38K. If it was in SS and $8950 like the BLNR, there would be waiting lists a mile long that would rival the SS Daytona. The Pepsi is one of the most iconic Rolex watches ever made. When you ask non-wis about Rolex, the Pepsi and the SS Sub are the 2 that most know and associate with the brand.
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:56 AM   #111
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
It was a flop because it was WG and 38K. If it was in SS and $8950 like the BLNR, there would be waiting lists a mile long that would rival the SS Daytona. The Pepsi is one of the most iconic Rolex watches ever made. When you ask non-wis about Rolex, the Pepsi and the SS Sub are the 2 that most know and associate with the brand.
I am not so sure I agree.

There was a lot of blow back on the colors. The pinkish purplish hue that was simpler to a faded bezel insert put some people off. I love it, but not all do.

I wonder if that might have been more the issue than the price.

People are paying 19k for a 12k watch.

The Nautilius is currently selling for nearly 50k. What people are willing to spend today is mind blowing.

Old 20 March 2018, 02:11 AM   #112
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I am not so sure I agree.

There was a lot of blow back on the colors. The pinkish purplish hue that was simpler to a faded bezel insert put some people off. I love it, but not all do.

I wonder if that might have been more the issue than the price.

People are paying 19k for a 12k watch.

The Nautilius is currently selling for nearly 50k. What people are willing to spend today is mind blowing.
Good points Seth and honestly I don't know. That is just my guess.

Point taken on the Daytona and PP. It is mind-blowing and shows the mastery and mystery behind marketing, scarcity, and market forces.

I think in terms of the Pepsi another factor may be target market? When presented with alternatives such as the BLNR etc selling at 25% of the price of a BLRO, perhaps the general Rolex sports model market is more skewed towards that lower price point? Just a hunch. PP is another level and people with 50K to spend on a watch are looking for a little more exclusivity ? I dunno. I for one love the colors and the Wg of the BLRO.

Although I am kicking myself for not buying the blue 5711 2 years ago for list when offered
Old 20 March 2018, 02:12 AM   #113
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Yeah, I was talking about a WG Coke not selling well, not a SS Coke which would probably be a success.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:15 AM   #114
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Good points Seth and honestly I don't know. That is just my guess.

Point taken on the Daytona and PP. It is mind-blowing and shows the mastery and mystery behind marketing, scarcity, and market forces.

I think in terms of the Pepsi another factor may be target market? When presented with alternatives such as the BLNR etc selling at 25% of the price of a BLRO, perhaps the general Rolex sports model market is more skewed towards that lower price point? Just a hunch. PP is another level and people with 50K to spend on a watch are looking for a little more exclusivity ? I dunno. I for one love the colors and the Wg of the BLRO.

Although I am kicking myself for not buying the blue 5711 2 years ago for list when offered
me too!!!!

Old 20 March 2018, 02:17 AM   #115
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
me too!!!!

I had it in my hand at AD and I said thanks for showing me(they had taken it out of the back) but I'll pass
Old 20 March 2018, 02:19 AM   #116
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
Well said! He's been here a month and already has fatigue on Basel... happens every year, part of the fun. No one is stopping other horological discussions.
Seriously...

We have one event. Once a year!!!!

I mean c'mon. I want to milk it for all its worth. The first day cant get here soon enough. But I am also loving the anticipation.

Old 20 March 2018, 02:20 AM   #117
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I had it in my hand at AD and I said thanks for showing me(they had taken it out of the back) but I'll pass
oh man... that hurts.

If it makes you feel better, I flipped an Omega Snoopy speedmaster.

Still kicking myself.

Old 20 March 2018, 03:28 AM   #118
TommyH
"TRF" Member

34-36 mm Sub, would be a worthy addition to my wifes’s choices of watch.

Fairly confident I won’t be seeing one though!
TommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 03:29 AM   #119
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyH View Post
34-36 mm Sub, would be a worthy addition to my wifes’s choices of watch.

Fairly confident I won’t be seeing one though!
My wife would love to see this.

Old 20 March 2018, 03:36 AM   #120
ILikeTacos
Banned

My prediction is that they’ll offer the Exp 2 on oysterFlex - pump some life into a relatively slow line. I also think it would look stupendous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ILikeTacos is offline   Reply With Quote