The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 February 2022, 02:03 PM   #1
xcesiv
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Service In The Philadelphia Region

Looking to see if anyone has a go to person in the Philadelphia area that services their Rolex. I just purchased a GMT II, and it needs some minor tlc. Iíve called a few Rolex ADís, explained what I wanted done, and theyíve all immediately responded with ďyouíre not going to like my answer, it will need to be sent to Rolex.Ē The watch runs amazing, keeps excellent time. In the 2 weeks iíve had it Iíve worn it every day. Hell some nights it never leaves my wrist. My issues are minor:

The insert is faded, and eventually once it completely fades out iíd like it swapped. I already have a period correct insert coming at some point thatís basically NOS. I may tackle this one myself, havenít decided that yet.

The flip lock is somewhat loose on the clasp. Of course the AD said rolex will suggest a complete clasp replacement. From what iíve found you can just buy the flip lock and it comes with the new pin. I donít want/need a whole clasp.

At some point the bracelet will need to be re-pinned. Itís not stretched that bad, but eventually it will need to be attended to. Iíve already purchased a pair of the 7825 tweezers and an ultrasonic cleaner so I can clean the bracelet. Again iíd rather re-pin than replace the whole oyster bracelet.

Between these 3 small issues and the stories iíve read about the RSC not obeying strict orders on the work order ticket to not do something, IE polishing, iíd much rather find someone local I can trust vs sending my watch to them.
xcesiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2022, 10:10 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2022 SKY-DWELLER Patron

Watch: GMT's
Squeeze the flip lock so that it fits tighter.
Old 15 June 2022, 09:36 AM   #3
JDsnewwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN with BCL
If you can get past the only in Philly issue, Rolliworks in Miami will have that bracelet looking factory fresh (or not, just structurally perfect) in record time. I have used them a few times for repairs, and each time I am amazed.
https://www.rolliworks.com/
JDsnewwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 10:19 PM   #4
RalphSallee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 41mm
Im in Delaware, so will be interested if you find anyone in the Philly Metro.
RalphSallee is offline   Reply With Quote