The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 20 December 2021, 11:10 PM   #1
melkenshawn
"TRF" Member

Scammer Mjswon markseymour7321@gmail.com

Dear All,

I was scammed by a user here by the name of Mark Seymour aka Mjswon.

It was a grand seiko snowflake listing which wasn't even that great of a deal in the first place which lowered my guards.

The money was transferred to this account.

Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank

Account Name: Yoon W Kim

Account Number: 7050875967

Swift code: WFBIUS6S

Routing Number: 121000248

Address: 1755 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, United States

He provided his link for references on this site, claims to have multiple big sales and provided his drivers license as well (which i'm assuming is fake).

I attempted to pay by paypal and he refused saying bank transfer only. I've tried cancelling the transfer once I felt that something was off, but the money had already cleared without the ability to recall.

This is my first big watch purchase ever, and I got scorched.

Does anyone have any ways to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
melkenshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 07:11 PM   #2
Jean Jenkins
"TRF" Member

Me too

Hello Melkenshawn,

I recently stumbled upon him too, it was on the website watchpatrol . net and I was dazzled, an SBGA211 for $3150 was rather unusual, and even more that the watch was "still available" after 6 Months.

I did what you should have done as soon as you were scammed (and I only assume you did not because he's still out there), which is reporting him to the owners of the websites he is featured on, namely watchpatrol . net and mywatchmart . com. Needless to say I reported him now.

I think you can seek help from the following websites: victims-of-fraud . com, worldwide-recovery . com or payback-ltd . com

Here is an abstracted version of my E-Mail Conversation with him:
__________________________________________________ ______________
<Me>
Hello Mark,

I came across your nicely priced SBGA211 on watchpatrol . net and as an average earner I saw this as my golden opportunity to finally get into possession of this beautiful timepiece and being able to financially recover from it :)

I live in Austria and am reachable every day from 07:00 - 22:00 CEST.

Best regards,
=== At this point I am hoping he still has the watch available, for sure an SBGA211 which is $1500 below the market nominal value will disappear in no time... ===
<Scammer>
Thanks anyway for your offer, we’ll the GS is still available. It’s a great piece and was well taken care of, I’m sure you will enjoy in good health.
Anyways I can ship to Austria with no worries, Fedex works great for you?

Kindly advise!
MS
=== He responded 9 minutes later to my request, which made me thoughtful, something about his quick response seemed unusual ===
<Me>
Hello Mark,

Nice to hear from you so quickly.

Can we switch to a quicker and more direct way of communication so we can discuss the details?

Are you ok with Microsoft Teams so we can videochat or do you have something better in mind?

Best regards,
=== Still trustful I tried to establish a way of connection that would prove to me that he was a legitimate seller ===
<Scammer>
Sorry but email works best for me due to work and I’m always swift with my response.

Thanks
=== Now I'm on high alert, and also very disappointed, I had hoped to finally get my hands on the Snowflake ===
<Me>
Hello Mark,

I am very interested in this watch, for me this is a once in a lifetime opportunity please understand this.

Due to my experience in protecting against cyber criminality I am a very careful person when it comes to investing large sums of money.

Best regards,
=== At this point I am clinging to my hopes that are slowly fading away, also this was the moment where I searched his E-Mail on the internet and stumbled upon your post, luckily! ===
<Scammer>
That’s not a problem, you’re in safe hands my friend. I can provide references from successful deals made in the past. Buyers can vouch for me, I can also share my drivers license if that aids the process.

Let me know as I’ll love to work something out with you.
=== Yeah so he offered me his driving license, the way he did to you, I did not take upon the offer of "others" vouching for him as these people could easily be himself too ===
<Me>
Hello Mark,

At first I was not sure but now I know I can trust you, can you share your drivers license?
=== I'm being sarcastic, I decide to at least have some fun out of it ;) ===
<Scammer>
Ok please hold.
<Scammer>
Here you go, I had to take one holding it.

Please do let me know when you wish to proceed, I’m up late today.

Thanks
=== He puts a photo of an assumingly faked passport in the attachment, and also one where "he" shows his face and holds the driving license in front of him. I know that this could just be 2 stolen photos from anyone on the internet or even photoshopped etc... ===
<Me>
Hello Mark,

Thank you, can I ask you of an additional way of proving your Identity?

In this day and age it is easy to fake everything, starting from the drivers license, all the way to simply copying one or two photos from the internet.

If you are a legitimate seller, you are going to sell the watch within a few hours from now so here`s how to proceed:
Please take a photo of yourself with a hand drawn picture of peppa pig, in the bottom right corner it has to have the hand written text "for <my name>". And in the background there must be a wall clock showing the current time.

See Visualization in the attachment.

Best regards
<Scammer>
I honestly don’t know what you mean by getting ID off the internet, but I have also included the back of my DL hopefully that aids the process. As of the other tagged picture I’ll ask my delegate to see if he can get me a picture of the watch with your name and a drawing of pig right? not everyone knows the cartoon character peppa pig, but I can only ask for tagged picture with your name and drawing with a Piece of paper and your name todays date and a drawing of pig on it. That should be enough.

Thank you
=== He proceeds to put a photo of the back of his driving license in the attachment. ===
<Me>
Hello Mark,

Im sorry only the described procedure will work!
=== Remember this! This is the only way a successful purchase is going to go. Remain adamant or ditch him, scammers will never be able to show their face in front of a camera, they will try to lure you in, lower your guard and find all kinds of reasons to make you play along with their game, and this is when you lose. ===
<Scammer>
Well I do understand if that tends to be a dealbreaker but i have done the best I can, it is never done this way on the watch selling platforms, I have a great reputation selling and can provide that. Honestly this is even what buyers do ask of, a tagged of the watch. I’m in my work location, and even with that I think I went to far sending you my Drivers license without knowing if you’re a serious buyer, you have given me nothing. I’m the one providing all details.

Well goodluck on your search, hope you get your dream watch at the best price you wanted. If you by any chance want to proceed, do reach out.

Best Regards
=== "it is never done this way on the watch selling platforms" - A somehow valid reason, however we are not on a watch selling platform here. He is also playing the victim card. ==
<Me>
Hello Mark,

"but I can only ask for tagged picture with your name and drawing with a Piece of paper and your name todays date and a drawing of pig on it. That should be enough."
- Ok send me peppa picture please

Thank you
=== trolling him ===
<Scammer>
I had to make sure he sets the time to current date, if this can’t help then there is nothing else I can do.

Let me know
=== He proceeds to send me a picture of the SBGA211 lying on a pice of paper on the desk that says "From Mark For <my name> July 2nd 22" and a hand drawn picture of peppa pig. haha ===
<Me>
Hello Mark,
<I inserted a picture of the meme "Shut up and take my money!">
<Scammer>
What’s this?
<Me>
Hello Mark,

Can you not see the picture? Maybe your PC is blocking the download of the picture?

It says "Shut up and take my money"
=== He ignores me ===
<Me>
Hello Mark,

So is paypal ok?

Best regards,
=== Testing if he still refuses paypal, like you said. ===
<Scammer>
PayPal family and friends, or bank wire preferred.
=== Upgrades, my friend, we are even accepting PayPal now. This is where I decide to not respond back and thus my search for a nicely priced Snowflake continues. ===

I hope this can cheer you up a little :)
_______
Jean Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 12:11 AM   #3
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Never buy from someone that is unknown. There are many reputable, verifiable, trusted sellers here on the forum. If you think you are going to get a watch at a 40% or greater discount, you are mistaken. No one is going to sell a complete stranger a watch at less than current value. Please do not give these scumbags your hard earned money. Buy the seller.
Old 4 July 2022, 04:32 AM   #4
Jean Jenkins
"TRF" Member

I found a SBGA211 on a website from a person with good reputation for €3474 UNWORN, assuming the market nominal value is €6000, this is a discount of 42.5% and not even used. The best deal yet, but it was already reserved... I really want this watch for an affordable price, if you have any tips on how I can achieve this goal please let me know, Im open for everything!
Jean Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2022, 01:37 AM   #5
Azadwatches
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing . Sorry for inconvenience
Azadwatches is offline   Reply With Quote