The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 6 April 2022, 02:02 AM   #1
Watchandhoop
"TRF" Member

Pictures of 43 ROO Clasp

I was wondering if anyone has pictures or has purchased the ap clasp for the new 43 ROO. I just wanted to see if anyone has pulled the trigger on it and if they have pictures. Thanks!
Watchandhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 02:18 PM   #2
Fifteen
Banned

If it’s the same as the one for the new ROO divers I can provide some pics tomorrow
Fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 02:28 PM   #3
Johntee050
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johntee050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 02:28 PM   #4
Johntee050
"TRF" Member

Old 6 April 2022, 02:29 PM   #5
Johntee050
"TRF" Member

Hope these help

Old 6 April 2022, 04:30 PM   #6
Fifteen
Banned

Here’s the one for the ROO diver. Looks to be different
Old 7 April 2022, 12:39 AM   #7
Watchandhoop
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post

Here’s the one for the ROO diver. Looks to be different
Looks great! Thanks for the pic! The green diver is hopefully my next piece. Looks stunning!
Old 7 April 2022, 02:27 AM   #8
J.T.
"TRF" Member

It's a shame they removed the AP design from the deployant clasp
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 06:07 AM   #9
Jp28
"TRF" Member

Is it comfortable ? Previous design was very, very bad comfort. In the end I swapped out to a buckle.
Also it looks (in 3rd pic) like it ends up a like a quite thick solution. Is that the case or is it just the angle of the picture ?
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 06:35 AM   #10
puckybadger
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO/Rolex Sub
Check out the 17:38 YouTube wrist time video from ATH.
Type in AP 43mm reviews
The deployment clasp is shown numerous times
puckybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 10:34 AM   #11
NiJaRo1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
I have an appointment to go look at a clasp for my 43mm later this week - I’m very curious about the comfort, but definitely like the idea of more security when taking the watch off/on.

NiJaRo1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 10:37 PM   #12
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiJaRo1225 View Post
I have an appointment to go look at a clasp for my 43mm later this week - I’m very curious about the comfort, but definitely like the idea of more security when taking the watch off/on.

I just received my deployment clasp for my taupe 43mm ROO.

It looks exactly like the pictures above on the diver.

When I first opened the package I thought I had made a mistake because it looked very thick.

However once i put it on the strap and put on the watch, it turned out to me more comfortable than the included tang buckle.

Only negatives I see so far are that it has no AP logo on the folding mechanism and it’s quite expensive for a piece of stainless steel.

Bottom line. I am never going back to the buckle that came with the watch.

Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 10:40 PM   #13
Fifteen
Banned

Agreed. The deployant clasp adds more of a premium feel especially for the roo diver. Well worth the money. I first hated it for the first 3 weeks and thought I wasted my money bc I couldn’t fit my hand through the rubber bands when it was sized to the clasp….I then found out there are actually 2 folding mechanisms…. :)

Old 13 April 2022, 02:34 AM   #14
NiJaRo1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post
I just received my deployment clasp for my taupe 43mm ROO.

It looks exactly like the pictures above on the diver.

When I first opened the package I thought I had made a mistake because it looked very thick.

However once i put it on the strap and put on the watch, it turned out to me more comfortable than the included tang buckle.

Only negatives I see so far are that it has no AP logo on the folding mechanism and it’s quite expensive for a piece of stainless steel.

Bottom line. I am never going back to the buckle that came with the watch.

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Agreed. The deployant clasp adds more of a premium feel especially for the roo diver. Well worth the money. I first hated it for the first 3 weeks and thought I wasted my money bc I couldn’t fit my hand through the rubber bands when it was sized to the clasp….I then found out there are actually 2 folding mechanisms…. :)

Haha

NiJaRo1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 12:17 PM   #15
MMOHSEN24
"TRF" Member

is this available at the boutique or does it have to be ordered?
MMOHSEN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 02:31 PM   #16
Watchandhoop
"TRF" Member

Do you all think it’s really worth 2k? I mean at the end of the day it is a 40k watch so in the gran scheme of things it’s not much. But part of me says 2k for a clasp is a bit much haha. I’m on the fence about it…
Old 15 April 2022, 12:01 AM   #17
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

It should be available at the boutiques.

My boutique didn’t have it in stock so they ordered it for me and it arrived about a week later.

Cost was about $1600 with tax.

It’s expensive for a light piece of steel.

Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 12:09 AM   #18
Fifteen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchandhoop View Post
Do you all think it’s really worth 2k? I mean at the end of the day it is a 40k watch so in the gran scheme of things it’s not much. But part of me says 2k for a clasp is a bit much haha. I’m on the fence about it…

As the guy above said, it’s about $1600. A lot of money, for me at least, and for what it is. But a small price to pay relative to the cost of the watch as you mentioned. It adds a bit of elegance to the watch.

For me, I got the 15720 which is only 30k or so with tax. $1600/30,000 is about 5% of the total watch value. But I’m getting maybe 25% more enjoyment out of the watch bc of the elegance of the clasp. Putting it on and off adds that much joy…to me at least.

So the cost of 5% in relation to the extra 25% of enjoyment I get makes it a good purchase.

If just talking about $1600 without any context, I’d much rather spend that on a flight to Europe or a nice meal. But when it comes to enjoying my 30k watch more, it’s a steal
Old 15 April 2022, 12:45 AM   #19
Watchandhoop
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As the guy above said, it’s about $1600. A lot of money, for me at least, and for what it is. But a small price to pay relative to the cost of the watch as you mentioned. It adds a bit of elegance to the watch.

For me, I got the 15720 which is only 30k or so with tax. $1600/30,000 is about 5% of the total watch value. But I’m getting maybe 25% more enjoyment out of the watch bc of the elegance of the clasp. Putting it on and off adds that much joy…to me at least.

So the cost of 5% in relation to the extra 25% of enjoyment I get makes it a good purchase.

If just talking about $1600 without any context, I’d much rather spend that on a flight to Europe or a nice meal. But when it comes to enjoying my 30k watch more, it’s a steal
I agree with you, very convincing. The clasp I would be buying is for the 26420 and is 1950. The next watch on my list is 15720. I will get the clasp for either the 26420 or 15720, not both.
Old 15 April 2022, 08:21 PM   #20
vdm9
"TRF" Member

Watch: datejust 41
I also just received a deployant clasp for my diver and ordered one for my ROO 43
Yes its expensive for what it is...
But look at it as cheap insurance against dropping the watch with a buckle with wet, slippery, or fumbling hands.
I doubt any part on these watches can be replaced for $1600 !!!
vdm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 11:19 PM   #21
puckybadger
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO/Rolex Sub
Just got mine.
Part# FER000715.00 DP.0465.022.ST
puckybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2022, 10:53 PM   #22
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

I ordered one and it’ll be here Thursday evening. I’m excited. I considered getting a new strap as well but couldn’t decide what color - I really wish they made a white one for a very summer feeling.
Commandopat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2022, 10:56 PM   #23
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Of note -I’m in Japan and it’s only costing me $1,477 shipped. I’ll send pics once I receive it. I have the XL strap and almost an 8” wrist.
Old 22 May 2022, 04:41 PM   #24
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Finally took some pics - hopefully the size is small enough to post but not so small they become grainy. I really don’t like trying to shrink pics to size on this site. Is there a better way to post pics?

Anyway, this is on an XL strap because I have an almost 8” wrist (pretty round - in the gym a lot).

I mainly purchased this to make putting the watch on easier than the OG tang buckle. It’s easier and overall more enjoyable - it enhances the feel of putting it on so it’s more in line with the price of the watch vice a $50 gshock.

Ordering mine from the shop in Tokyo, free delivery to Okinawa and it was around $1450.

~Pat
Old 5 July 2022, 02:05 PM   #25
herane
"TRF" Member

If anyone is still looking to get this deployant clasp, I have a like-new example I’m looking to sell. I believe I paid ~$1600-1700 for it last year. Unfortunately, I sold the watch, but I still have the clasp. Please reach out if you’re interested. I personally found it to be a big improvement over the tang buckle, but I’m biased and insist on having deployant buckles on all my watches.
herane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2023, 01:28 PM   #26
herane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herane View Post
If anyone is still looking to get this deployant clasp, I have a like-new example I’m looking to sell. I believe I paid ~$1600-1700 for it last year. Unfortunately, I sold the watch, but I still have the clasp. Please reach out if you’re interested. I personally found it to be a big improvement over the tang buckle, but I’m biased and insist on having deployant buckles on all my watches.
sold
herane is offline   Reply With Quote