The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 July 2022, 02:42 AM   #1
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Apple Watch
New AP Offshores Music Edition

Just saw AP releasing these limited edition offshores.

Love that they brought back the 37mm Offshore that is unisex I think where the direction is going.

What do y’all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 04:14 AM   #2
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
It's cool and different, but don't know if it'll age well. Got the call for an allocation a day before the official release for my wife. She didn't dig it, so we turned it down. I'm sure there will be plenty of takers, especially those in the music business
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE / AP 26574st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26331.or/ AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 05:33 AM   #3
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Not sure about the titanium versions, possibly too loud even for me, but I love the black ceramic, I’ve asked for one and it’ll get worn a lot and have a hard life, but agree that it may get old to some.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 08:34 AM   #4
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 77350ce
I hope this is a sign of 37 ROO’s with a non-diamond bezel. That plus quick change straps = exactly what would tip the scales on that model for me.

Cool release - it’s creative!
Kiwi-cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 09:03 AM   #5
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Apple Watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-cucumber View Post
I hope this is a sign of 37 ROO’s with a non-diamond bezel. That plus quick change straps = exactly what would tip the scales on that model for me.

Exactly! Been waiting for this moment myself. A 39mm Offshore would be ideal for me.

westoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 09:38 AM   #6
jakjuventus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Winamp Edition?
Royal Oak : 34mm 77350st
Nautilus : 7118/1a Blue dial
jakjuventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 02:17 PM   #7
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

37mm Offshore is not unisex, it's for women. Men where the 42,43,44+ sizes
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 10:11 PM   #8
Grand Style
Banned

I like the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak “Rainbow” 15413BC more, but this would fit those who are in the music industry.
Grand Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 10:13 PM   #9
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Not for me.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 07:58 PM   #10
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaTuna View Post
37mm Offshore is not unisex, it's for women. Men where the 42,43,44+ sizes

In the instagram reel the male and female models are wearing this so I suspect AP intend this to be unisex.

Also think this is much more geared for a younger generation too.

supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 10:04 PM   #11
Vipes
"TRF" Member

I like the ceramic one but agree with above poster that it won’t age well. AP should just release a 40mm ROO for small wristed men like me
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 10:33 PM   #12
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Wow, a Who Blow in making.
rolex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 12:31 AM   #13
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

dont love it
smallcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 12:48 AM   #14
Demonoid
2024 Pledge Member

Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 01:03 AM   #15
yOyOYoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-cucumber View Post

Agree! I would definitely be interested in a 37mm ROO without diamonds.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 06:41 AM   #16
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
Not sure about the titanium versions, possibly too loud even for me, but I love the black ceramic, I’ve asked for one and it’ll get worn a lot and have a hard life, but agree that it may get old to some.

Love the ceramic, but not high enough up to get one so not even gonna ask!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:16 AM   #17
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Love the ceramic, but not high enough up to get one so not even gonna ask!

ROOs aren't in the same category of difficulty as the RO - no news there - but of course any AP is tough to get, but no one should be dissuaded from asking for anything. I've asked, but nothing is promised, indeed more often than not AP don't commit to me on anything, they'd rather under promise and over delivery.

So please, anyone and everyone, ask for what you want, if you don't ask you definitely won't get. Just temper that request with a healthy dose of current market conditions.

In Token74's case, he's MORE THAN qualified to ask AP for anything, what a great collection he has.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 12:49 AM   #18
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

I do love that they chose the 43mm case size, even though its not a chrono. Also love that they did it in ceramic. Would love to see a standard model 43mm ceramic chrono. Also, wish we could get some divers with a ceramic bezel with the slope and updated sunken case back.

These last couple special editions are obviously not for everyone...but I do like that they are experimenting a bit and doing more then just changing colors. It is fun and playful...which despite what Rolex says, should be allowed.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 02:22 AM   #19
CactusTreeFiddy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
I do love that they chose the 43mm case size, even though its not a chrono. Also love that they did it in ceramic. Would love to see a standard model 43mm ceramic chrono. Also, wish we could get some divers with a ceramic bezel with the slope and updated sunken case back.

These last couple special editions are obviously not for everyone...but I do like that they are experimenting a bit and doing more then just changing colors. It is fun and playful...which despite what Rolex says, should be allowed.
What's this about the sunken caseback - is it a new design they added recently?

Wondering if it means the flared lugs will sit closer to the wrist now...
CactusTreeFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 03:41 AM   #20
HurricaneHarry
"TRF" Member

I would like to see AP concentrate more on developing movements than iced out watches in different forms.

HurricaneHarry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 05:10 AM   #21
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHarry View Post
I would like to see AP concentrate more on developing movements than iced out watches in different forms.

Ummm….what movement would you propose they work on? Since the Code release, they have a new in-house self winding chrono, new date and time, new ultra thin for the jumbo, not to mention RD-3 and other complex movements. They already do amazing perpetual calendars….
Old 6 July 2022, 05:33 AM   #22
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:

look at the clientele they want to push this one. migos, kevin hart and meek mill. I feel like Jay-z is already too sophisticated in his watch taste and he only goes for the more subtle / intricate pieces like the skeletons.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 05:35 AM   #23
HurricaneHarry
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ummm….what movement would you propose they work on? Since the Code release, they have a new in-house self winding chrono, new date and time, new ultra thin for the jumbo, not to mention RD-3 and other complex movements. They already do amazing perpetual calendars….

Indeed they have come out with some very nice new ones movements, I am currently enjoying 2 of these you have mentioned in fact.
I should have maybe rephrased to say they should focus on some other complications (my sincere apologies). It would be nice to see something like the dual time zones, day dates they used to make. Right now there is a three hander, Chronograph, then super complicated tourbillon, openworked, QP etc. it would nice to have some in between.
And I still stand by the fact that they over do the icing out, it’s a bit of a joke.
But that’s just my opinion.

Old 6 July 2022, 05:40 AM   #24
HurricaneHarry
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
look at the clientele they want to push this one. migos, kevin hart and meek mill. I feel like Jay-z is already too sophisticated in his watch taste and he only goes for the more subtle / intricate pieces like the skeletons.

You are right. I will just never understand it and it doesn’t matter if I do either I guess.

Old 6 July 2022, 05:43 AM   #25
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Question was not for me but there are many "holes" in AP's catalogue. AP is the only holy trinity brand that does not offer a dual time complication in their sports watches. They also neither offer a complete calendar nor an annual calendar, only a QP which again is something offered by both PP and VC. These are just some things I hope AP is working on.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 08:56 AM   #26
Richard4K
Banned

Tried on the black ceramic one and its nice. At 43mm its a little big for me (5'8 160lbs). But I am a big music fan and its epic.

Asked for the 37mm for wife but she wants the gem version.

I like the direction AP is going - its fun.
Richard4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 10:36 AM   #27
only1swami
"TRF" Member

lume and side of case is prob my fav parts. Hoping for more 37 variations...would def by ROO but too big for smaller wrists as it currently stands

sizzler vid on YT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cpa5r9q-V0

so funny there is no music in the background...for....a music themed..piece

even cooler would have been some tech integration for a live visualizer...that would have been a cool first experiment. Maybe in 10 years...
only1swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 11:22 AM   #28
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Indeed they have come out with some very nice new ones movements, I am currently enjoying 2 of these you have mentioned in fact.
I should have maybe rephrased to say they should focus on some other complications (my sincere apologies). It would be nice to see something like the dual time zones, day dates they used to make. Right now there is a three hander, Chronograph, then super complicated tourbillon, openworked, QP etc. it would nice to have some in between.
And I still stand by the fact that they over do the icing out, it’s a bit of a joke.
But that’s just my opinion.

Oh noooo need to apologize. No one should be that sensitive on the internet to take what you said as an insult, etc....I am certainly not!

I didn't even think of the day date, since that feels so much Rolex forever...even though many others do it. Might be fun for AP to do it in a Lange kind of way like the Daymatic...I am certainly a fan of annual calendars, but wonder if that would cheapen the perpetual models a bit.

I get the desire for a dual time or GMT of some sort....if they do, I would vote something really simple with an hour hand that hides and a very small day/night indicator....or do it with a Code 11.59 and not the RO/ROO. Maybe do all three in teh 11.59 first.
Old 6 July 2022, 06:30 PM   #29
Fifteen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard4K View Post
Tried on the black ceramic one and its nice. At 43mm its a little big for me (5'8 160lbs). But I am a big music fan and its epic.

was the black one offered to you to purchase? or allocated to another client?
Fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 07:54 PM   #30
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard4K View Post

Did you also see the 43mm titanium version? If so, what was your impression of that one?
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote