"TRF" Member

Watch: OP39, SS Daytona
I have a 1926 and love it.
rrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:03 AM   #32
Agamemnon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex - Panerai
I like the BB58 navy blue. Reduced thickness and excellent mix between past and present.
Do you recommend it to me?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:38 AM   #33
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I'm happy with my Tudors.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:40 AM   #34
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I like the BB58 navy blue. Reduced thickness and excellent mix between past and present.
Do you recommend it to me?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:49 AM   #35
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Several Tudors, several Rolexes, they are definitely equal in quality!
VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:52 AM   #36
Stellite
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Uhhh, Tudor has been excellent quality for decades. In fact, I have said this before having owned multiples of both brands, I consider tudor right on par and maybe a bit better quality wise than omega today. and Omega is no where near Rolex in quality
Stellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:54 AM   #37
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Tudor makes great watches and I enjoy them very much. If Tudor had been on the scene 30 years ago when I got involved with Rolex at the same level they are now I might not have been as big a Rolex fan.
Exactly. Today Tudor is where Rolex was 25-30 years ago, more or less.

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:56 AM   #38
Agamemnon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex - Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
Yes

Thank you! I think I'll give it a little thought.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 02:07 AM   #39
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
I've got one and have had four others in the past. From a quality perspective I think they're great in general. Well designed and comfortable. Perhaps I'm a sucker for hype but to me they're no Rolex. I was checking out the 925 yesterday and was sorely tempted by it.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 02:14 AM   #40
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I don’t think Tudors are equal in quality to Rolex. I do think that they are equal to (or even surpass) Rolex in *value* even at MSRP. At secondary market prices it’s a no brainer.
Old 4 July 2022, 05:17 AM   #41
Little machines
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the great photos!!
Little machines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 07:41 AM   #42
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
I don’t think Tudors are equal in quality to Rolex. I do think that they are equal to (or even surpass) Rolex in *value* even at MSRP. At secondary market prices it’s a no brainer.
I have to agree. My Tudors don’t have dial errors or pushers falling off like my Rolex Daytona. My Tudors run +or- 2 seconds a day unlike my Rolex’s which are inconsistent at best. My Tudor Sub has a smooth turning bezel unlike my various Rolex’s which had stiff or jamed up bezels. So on balance Tudors quality doesn’t come close to Rolex, in many ways it exceeds it. Rolex current Professional lineup is basically an homage to their 4 and 5 digit watches, from a time when they were still tool watches. Tutor is still making tool watches at affordable prices.
cornerstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 07:48 AM   #43
jlovda
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,1675,216570
I hope she likes snowflake hands.
jlovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 07:59 AM   #44
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Tudor make outstanding watches and in their price range they are near impossible to beat. Their one failing, which is a major issue for many is both the thickness of their watches and the blocky case designs they use. Even their thinner watches look quite thick. Given that this is a design feature of the brand, I don't see this as changing in the future.

For others the thickness is not an issue and perhaps even desirable. Take away Rolex (+ those brands at higher pricing) and there isn't another watch maker with consistent waiting lists for most of their models. Manufactured waiting lists or not, it's working. I've owned a 58 since 2018 and have flipped two thicker models over the years.
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 09:40 AM   #45
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I think for a lot of people that like tool aspect of Tudor watches, the thickness is a feature, not a bug. I personally like a tool watch to have some heft on the wrist.

Old 4 July 2022, 11:44 AM   #46
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
Tudor make outstanding watches and in their price range they are near impossible to beat. Their one failing, which is a major issue for many is both the thickness of their watches and the blocky case designs they use. Even their thinner watches look quite thick. Given that this is a design feature of the brand, I don't see this as changing in the future.

For others the thickness is not an issue and perhaps even desirable. Take away Rolex (+ those brands at higher pricing) and there isn't another watch maker with consistent waiting lists for most of their models. Manufactured waiting lists or not, it's working. I've owned a 58 since 2018 and have flipped two thicker models over the years.
Yeah, you can’t beat the Oyster case’s visually slimming design that balances the bezel/crystal, mid-case and case back so well. I love the idea of new Tudor sport models, but was really surprised to try many of them on. Not a fan of the slab-sided, oversized mid-case.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 11:48 AM   #47
opresso
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
I have quite a few Tudors and love them all! I do prefer the ones in the Black Bay 58 line since the case height is not as tall. This is the only reason I did not buy the new chrono release is due to the case height. If they ever produce this one in a BB 58 case, I will get one of these as well. Good luck with your search!!
opresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 02:47 PM   #48
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
My wife surprised me with a BB chrono panda a few weeks ago. I had been waiting for a year so i was pretty stoked to finally get one. So far, I love it!

As others said, it’s pretty chunky so I would encourage anyone thinking about getting one to try it on first, or at least another 41 mm BB.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 05:37 PM   #49
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

My real world experience; I have had to send a 2017 SD43 and a 2019 DSSD into RSC for issues....both twice in the past 2 years.

I have owned 4 Pelagos watches and each of those was put through hard use and not babied as much as the Rolexes, yet never had any issues and the most accurate watches I have ever owned.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 05:40 PM   #50
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman1 View Post
My real world experience; I have had to send a 2017 SD43 and a 2019 DSSD into RSC for issues....both twice in the past 2 years.

I have owned 4 Pelagos watches and each of those was put through hard use and not babied as much as the Rolexes, yet never had any issues and the most accurate watches I have ever owned.
Yikes, was that all because of caliber 3235??
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 10:19 PM   #51
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quality? Yes
Value? Yes

As for appearance.... I greatly prefer the Tudor of yesteryear. Like their old panda chrono or their subs. The modern designs use a lot of faux rivets, faux patina and virtually everything has the snowflake (IMO only belongs on dedicated divers like the Pelagos.)

Oh look here! No snowflake.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 04:08 AM   #52
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

Yes all the 3235 issue. About to receive my sd43 back this week from RSC and really hoping they have it sorted out now.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 04:28 AM   #53
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Quality? Yes
Value? Yes

As for appearance.... I greatly prefer the Tudor of yesteryear. Like their old panda chrono or their subs. The modern designs use a lot of faux rivets, faux patina and virtually everything has the snowflake (IMO only belongs on dedicated divers like the Pelagos.)

Oh look here! No snowflake.
Good points but try telling the time w/ that chrono in low light or extreme light conditions vs a snowflake handset. It's certainly understandable to dislike the snowflake design but you can't beat the legibility.

The rivet thing is so overblown as many who wear them will tell you they seem to completely disappear when worn. But again, I get some just don't like the design. As for the faux patina, do you mean lume? Because lume is real regardless the color. Is a shirt not real if it's a color other than white? Is the blue Rolex lume considered faux?

Again, we all have our preferences, likes & dislikes. But if Tudor keep true to it's vintage past vs differentiating itself from Rolex, I can image an entire set of different complaints.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 04:44 AM   #54
Black Bay Dan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Good points but try telling the time w/ that chrono in low light or extreme light conditions vs a snowflake handset. It's certainly understandable to dislike the snowflake design but you can't beat the legibility.

The rivet thing is so overblown as many who wear them will tell you they seem to completely disappear when worn. But again, I get some just don't like the design. As for the faux patina, do you mean lume? Because lume is real regardless the color. Is a shirt not real if it's a color other than white? Is the blue Rolex lume considered faux?

Again, we all have our preferences, likes & dislikes. But if Tudor keep true to it's vintage past vs differentiating itself from Rolex, I can image an entire set of different complaints.
dP
Black Bay Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 05:21 AM   #55
Greenwood_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
What rubber strap is that please? Looks great

Cheers - it’s from Vanguard straps
Ω Speedy Pro Moon Phase 3575.20
Greenwood_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 05:42 AM   #56
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwood_ View Post
Cheers - it’s from Vanguard straps
Thanks for that mate - I will order one for mine asap!
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 05:53 AM   #57
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
Uhhh, Tudor has been excellent quality for decades. In fact, I have said this before having owned multiples of both brands, I consider tudor right on par and maybe a bit better quality wise than omega today. and Omega is no where near Rolex in quality
I agree, but I would place Tudor far far far above Omega especially in terms of aesthetic.
Old 5 July 2022, 07:11 AM   #58
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I’ll be honest, I don’t get the angst over the rivets, something that I barely notice when I’m wearing the watch.
People have different preferences I understand. But in terms of the overall design, it’s such a small feature for so many people to feel the need to comment on it.
Old 5 July 2022, 07:45 AM   #59
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Question on Tudor Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
I agree, but I would place Tudor far far far above Omega especially in terms of aesthetic.
I agree with the quote as well as I find the build quality hands down especially the fitting tolerances on Tudor are almost on par with Rolex. Impressive considering the price point. With Omegas, I still see uneven gaps between end links and lugs. The machined chamfers on Tudor Black Bay cases are also a nice touch

The finishing on Tudor however isn’t as impressive and likely on par with Omega. Now Omega has both beat with regard to the movement design and finishing.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 01:21 PM   #60
MTdweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: the time fly!
Tudor is a great brand IMO. I bought my first Tudor in May (BB Pro) and I’ve been very impressed by the build quality and accuracy. I feel like I’m getting a lot for my $$$.

The BB Chrono white dial is very hard to come by but it looks great in person. The detail and contrast on the dial is excellent.
MTdweller is offline   Reply With Quote