The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 July 2022, 06:59 AM   #1
msdaytona
"TRF" Member

Vegas ADs

Does Vegas have any watches for sale? Looking for YG DD40 and PT DD40.
Thank you
msdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:05 AM   #2
APRTIMEPIECES
"TRF" Member

Nope. And they will be sure to tell you if you get within 50’ of their store…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APRTIMEPIECES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:11 AM   #3
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Best make an adventure out of it. The only remaining ADs are on the strip. My former AD off the strip has recently let go of Rolex and Tudor.

Belagio - Tessorini
Wynn - WoS
Crystals - Local owners
Caesars forum shops - Tourneau

The bottom 3 are all boutiques
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:33 AM   #4
msdaytona
"TRF" Member

Thank you for this.

I am located in Canada so I am hoping to get some confirmation of stock from members before making the trip.

I know its pretty much global issue re lack of stock. I have heard that Vegas has (historically) had good selection of watches for sale. I am hoping this is still true.

Do the ADs you mentioned have DD40s?
Old 5 July 2022, 07:40 AM   #5
RAU
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Tourneau in the Caesars forum has a very extensive pre-owned Rolex selection in store. Tourneau online pre-owned site doesn't even compare
RAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:51 AM   #6
Fred_Tan
Banned

Watch: Bumble Bee
Worst time to hit the Strip for Rolex or any popular watch.
It’s July 4th long weekend and companies are having offsite symposium or FTO/PTO summer holidays mths ahead.

More luck in obscure town far away from crazy rich Californian techies or NY bankers.
Vegas is full of FAANG techies who just exercised their RSU.
Even with collapsed NASDAQ, these ppl will buy whatever which is not nailed down & has a movement
Fred_Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:53 AM   #7
SaintMickey
Banned

I go twice a year and I've been able to buy just about anything within reason other than ANY Rolex in Vegas.
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:55 AM   #8
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
As long as you're willing to pay market price, it's Tourneau at Caesar's for the best selection.

If you are trying to score one at MSRP that's a non-starter and you might as well save yourself the trouble.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:59 AM   #9
JimBianchi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex OP39 Blue
There are no retail priced Rolex currently available in Vegas.

If you need to diamonds, gold and other babbles, I am sure one of the shops will "find" you a Rolex to buy at retail.

But that honor could cost you $50K in jeweler or more.

My watch channel on YouTube- The Big Wrist
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 08:01 AM   #10
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaytona View Post
Thank you for this.

I am located in Canada so I am hoping to get some confirmation of stock from members before making the trip.

I know its pretty much global issue re lack of stock. I have heard that Vegas has (historically) had good selection of watches for sale. I am hoping this is still true.

Do the ADs you mentioned have DD40s?
They do have stock in the back. But you need to go introduce yourself. Nobody knows what they stock in the back and once they meet you they would determine whether or not they want to pull it out of the safe for you or perhaps they don't have it at the moment but like you enough to call when it comes in.

If you're only looking to make one trip, I wouldn't get your hopes up but if you don't mind flying there again to collect it then you stand a decent chance on the wait-list.

As with anything in Vegas, you'll need to take a gamble.
whiskyrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 12:36 PM   #11
bryant_is_bored
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I'm trying in Vegas as I'm here thru 7/7. I'll try my sob story to ADs & see if it falls on deaf ears. Been trying to get my 1st/a daily 124060 for the past year and a half...
bryant_is_bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 03:37 PM   #12
msdaytona
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone for your comments
Old 5 July 2022, 04:41 PM   #13
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
It is hit and miss ...Roulette.
Wanderd into WoS and the Mrs had on a 218206 before I could comment.
2loaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 11:34 PM   #14
CAWatchLove
Banned

Good luck
CAWatchLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 02:00 AM   #15
DBCooper07
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Of all the AD's I've gone to I feel the Vegas ones are the worst! They get drunk ass travelers and wanna be high rollers kids all the time and they treat everyone like crap. Unless you actually have massive cash or an address with in 50 miles they will not offer you anything or even be nice to you. I went there for my wedding, a huge milestone in my life. While I'm on my local AD's list for a few. I figured I would stop in a few AD's in Vegas and ask. It was a horrible experience. The Tag and Omega AD's where exceptional and I almost bought one just because they where so nice to me.
DBCooper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 02:21 AM   #16
sasuke
"TRF" Member

Vegas ADs do have stock. If you want a men sports model prepare to purchase something less desirable like a ladies full yellow gold datejust with diamond bezel then they will bring out a GMT or sub.
sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 02:26 AM   #17
Fred_Tan
Banned

Syndicates are operating in all ADs in USA esp Vegas.
They stake the FedEx delivery truck when it arrives to unload at the mall/AD, shadow the deliveryman as soon as they see boxes are unloaded.
These overseas syndicates tail the deliveryman as he pushes the trolley towards the AD; and rush in as soon as weekdays delivery are made to the AD.
Rolex boxes barely out and it’s gone out the AD doors again, within 30min after signatures are barely entered into the FedEx handheld devices.
There’s no phone call, no wait list.
It’s just a mad rush.
Don’t believe me?
Head to your nearest AD & boutique
Old 6 July 2022, 02:31 AM   #18
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
My recent experiences. I wore a 'non-hype' alternate brand of haute horology when visiting. No I didn't ask to purchase a GMT, SkyDweller, Daytona, or Sub.

Bellagio - Tessorini. Plenty of exhibition models to try on. Service was good with an early expectation of we do not have anything to sell you but happy to talk shop.

Wynn - WoS. Best personalized service of the four, where they asked me about my horological journey, and what I'm interested in. They they took the time as a courtesy follow up to say it was a pleasure connecting with them and they'd keep an eye out for my next specific piece.

Crystals - Early ask of if I was a local and/or had purchase history with them. Tried on a couple pieces, but was very obvious I was blocking the sales reps virtual date with their phone. No response to follow up.

Caesars forum shops - Tourneau - Tried to make an appt with a prior SA I spoke with several months back. Purchase history with Tourneau but not necessarily with his location / rep. They basically wrote don't bother stopping by, don't call us, we'll call you. Didn't bother stopping by, but for what its worth they are responsive to correspondence.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 02:46 AM   #19
norcalctr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ1925 View Post
My recent experiences. I wore a 'non-hype' alternate brand of haute horology when visiting. No I didn't ask to purchase a GMT, SkyDweller, Daytona, or Sub.

Bellagio - Tessorini. Plenty of exhibition models to try on. Service was good with an early expectation of we do not have anything to sell you but happy to talk shop.

Wynn - WoS. Best personalized service of the four, where they asked me about my horological journey, and what I'm interested in. They they took the time as a courtesy follow up to say it was a pleasure connecting with them and they'd keep an eye out for my next specific piece.

Crystals - Early ask of if I was a local and/or had purchase history with them. Tried on a couple pieces, but was very obvious I was blocking the sales reps virtual date with their phone. No response to follow up.

Caesars forum shops - Tourneau - Tried to make an appt with a prior SA I spoke with several months back. Purchase history with Tourneau but not necessarily with his location / rep. They basically wrote don't bother stopping by, don't call us, we'll call you. Didn't bother stopping by, but for what its worth they are responsive to correspondence.
Agree with you. I went to the same shops in May to check it out. Only thing I'd add is that Caesars won't even bother adding people to the waitlist anymore due to the high volume of foot traffic. All the other 3 shops were willing to add people to the waitlist.
norcalctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 03:16 AM   #20
Big J
"TRF" Member

I’m currently out here. Only exhibition models are in the cases. I came out to pick up my new watch, so my trip was a great experience.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 04:16 AM   #21
MacDaddyOC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seeking My 1st.
I can confirm nada at the Rolex stores. I was told they don't maintain lists and all watches are sold first come, first served. FWIW.
MacDaddyOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 04:40 AM   #22
lovehasaghetto
"TRF" Member

I was there through out the weekend. No stock and I only asked for a ladies Datejust for my sister's birthday at all locations. Had on my Cermit and purchase history (2 watches) at Rolex in SolCal and it didn't help. It's was a zoo in Vegas this weekend though so I had no expectations.
lovehasaghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 05:01 AM   #23
Fred_Tan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddyOC View Post
I can confirm nada at the Rolex stores. I was told they don't maintain lists and all watches are sold first come, first served. FWIW.
True. Have to rush in as soon as FedEx guys comes out.
Everything is gone in 60sec as soon as FedEx drop their weekdays deliveries.
There’s no wait list; no phone call.
It’s just a mad rush to buy whatever comes out of these deliveries.

Same in NV, IL, CA, WA, TX, NY and all of EU, UK, OZ & NZ.
Maybe you want to try other states?
Old 6 July 2022, 06:56 AM   #24
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Only pre-owned.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 07:01 AM   #25
eec007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
Best make an adventure out of it. The only remaining ADs are on the strip. My former AD off the strip has recently let go of Rolex and Tudor.

Belagio - Tessorini
Wynn - WoS
Crystals - Local owners
Caesars forum shops - Tourneau

The bottom 3 are all boutiques
That's sad to see tbird fly away. I was hoping to get something from them, but I guess that call will never come now.
eec007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 07:31 AM   #26
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Your OC location - South Coast, has stock for sure. Just need to get lucky with the right rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant_is_bored View Post
I'm trying in Vegas as I'm here thru 7/7. I'll try my sob story to ADs & see if it falls on deaf ears. Been trying to get my 1st/a daily 124060 for the past year and a half...
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 08:27 AM   #27
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Headed to LV over Labor Day weekend. Will probably try to hit an Omega boutique (or two). Doubt I'll bother with Rolex.
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 08:50 AM   #28
Thehedgehoncho
"TRF" Member

I’m from Vegas and have very good relationship with a couple AD’s and I can say that nothing like that is on display cases. Everything is allocated and sold before . If you want a steel model like a datejust that’s easy. I also own 2 daydate 40.
Thehedgehoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 09:11 AM   #29
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by eec007 View Post
That's sad to see tbird fly away. I was hoping to get something from them, but I guess that call will never come now.

The owner is a great guy. Knows every one of his long time customers by name. His staff is phenomenal. Always professional and friendly. Never experienced any of the nonsense other members complain about other ADs on the forums. I am happy to have been a customer of TBird over the years and wish for the owner to have a healthy, happy, and prosperous retirement.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 10:28 AM   #30
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Either purchase history or you have to be on Linked in so they can verify you. Then they will have something for you.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote