The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 June 2018, 01:31 AM   #31
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 36!
Final day in the shop! I really don't want to leave, but the road awaits.

Pablo's Tacoma with a better shot of Tandem Offroad's Model 612 Wheels:

As well as another customer's FJ Cruiser rocking the same in black:

Since the Hilux Surf diesel was getting so much love I went ahead and snapped a few more pics. Forgive the interior shot, but I was smoking and didn't want to open the doors or windows or anything.

Looks like the @Shadowrunner_Tacoma is getting some new skid (bash) plates thrown on!! Also, notice the license plate

And finally a Lexus GX470 getting front and rear bumpers fabbed up!

Back to my truck!

Since the steering rack was needing to be removed anyway, I wanted to replace the bushings just to keep everything nice and tidy. I decided to go with the Total Chaos kit, as they make top quality stuff, and it was a direct replacement.

The front driveline and everything is back in and almost ready to go!! We just need to bolt up the steering rack, throw on the wheels, and get an alignment!

Hubs are back on the ute:

And now the power steering rack is back on!

KarlTheToyotaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2018, 01:52 AM   #32
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Just look at the difference in ground clearance and suspension travel!!

Old 14 June 2018, 02:09 AM   #33
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Nice! Thanks for sharing!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2018, 05:50 AM   #34
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Why did I open this thread??? Now I want to get mine lifted and new tires!

Truck looks great!

Here’s my ‘16 Trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 June 2018, 01:21 PM   #35
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Larry! No problem!
Old 14 June 2018, 01:21 PM   #36
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
Why did I open this thread??? Now I want to get mine lifted and new tires!

Truck looks great!

Here’s my ‘16 Trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The question is, why isn't it lifted already
Old 14 June 2018, 01:39 PM   #37
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

My baby is back on the ground! The work was done flawlessly! In a past life, I was a welder and welding inspector (I'll leave the engineering bit out hahaha)! The welding, the fab work, everything about the process was exceptional! And no, I'm not just saying that!

What I had the professionals at Tandem Offroad do, is not typical. At all. Hell, it may actually be the only one they EVER do .... but with the speed and precision that the work was performed, you'd think that it was an every day thing. Remember guys and gals, if you have ANY Tacoma, Tundra, Land Cruiser, 4Runner, or ANY Lexus suv, that you need offroad work done to, you owe it to yourself to call these guys.
Old 14 June 2018, 02:09 PM   #38
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

So, I'm back on the road, the adventure continues.

Yes, I do have specific points I want to hit, BUT, the destination is not the goal. The goal is the journey itself.

I've been shooting with this phone, another, and another camera.

Since this phone is the one with service, it is affixed in a vehicle mount so I can run various mapping programs as well as a GPS waypoint ... Plus music and stuff

I have many other pictures of the drive, but it will be a few days before I get around to loading them up.

This was taken at a cool little bath house and massage parlor in Mineral Wells, Tx. No, it's not THAT kind of bath house and massage parlor if that's what you're wondering

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFile...341-575134.JPG

From my understanding, the Mineral Wells mineral water was the "essential oils" of today. Yesterday I was talking to my grandmother, and told her I would be passing through MW, and she perked up. "My mother used to go there for the mineral baths and massages! They don't do anything for you physically, but it is a very nice spa day, so it works!"

I have an appointment tomorrow with them for a 1 hour massage and microjet mineral bath. Frankly, the price of the entire package is less than the cost of a nice dinner for one, and I need a shower. Worth it.

1. It'll be nice to clean up. ( I left my solar shower at home because I forgot how hot it was going to be )
2. There's never a reason NOT to get a massage.
3. The coolness factor of doing something my great grandmother did at the same place is something I don't want to pass up. If nothing else, it shall be a neat story to tell my grandmother.

The current state of the truck bed:

The cooler, self explanatory. Beer, and cooking ingredients. But mostly beer. I have a secondary smaller cooler in the front passenger seat for more foods.

Behind the cooler is the tent bag, and a full size 33" spare tire. I always have two full sized spares in my ute.

To the right of the cooler and inside the cardboard box are the remaining components of my previous lift kit. I shall sell them to another 1st gen Tacoma driver. The kits are roughly $2k new, so for those that are specifically looking for a drop bracket lift, this route shall save them quite a bit of money.

The white board looking thing is a collapsible camp kitchen, I shall update y'all in the morning with pics. I partied with some other campers this evening, and the beer filled me up too much to even think about food haha!

The red box is my camp kitchen gear. There's a smaller box tucked away in front of it for recovery gear.

Finally made it to a waypoint, and decided to a bit of fishing.

Caught a few, none were picture worthy. But this was!

Old 14 June 2018, 02:11 PM   #39
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Will hopefully talk with y'all tomorrow!

Old 14 June 2018, 11:51 PM   #40
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Looks like a day at Possum Kingdom, no?

This only means something for Texans.

Nice work on the rig. Sounds like you need a road trip to Colorado this summer.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 09:50 AM   #41
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Looks like a day at Possum Kingdom, no?

This only means something for Texans.

Nice work on the rig. Sounds like you need a road trip to Colorado this summer.
No sir!! I went on vacation to get away from people, not get surrounded by them

Maybe in a few weeks.

I want to, but with all the fires and a lot of the trails up in smoke, it may be a bit.
Old 15 June 2018, 02:41 PM   #42
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

Time to break camp and hit the road again!

Up and at em early morning! In case anyone was wondering what kind of tent setup I was using, it is a Rightline Gear SUV tent. It cabe used as a standalone tent, or be hooked up to your truck with a camper or SUV.

But before I depart my spot, breakfast! It is a simple jaffle, made with puff pastry, shaved turkey, sharp cheddar, bacon, and more bacon!

Can't forget the kitchen shot!

Now it's time to move!

I have used RTIC coolers for quite some time, and they are excellent! They're exceptionally tough, can be used as a step-stool, a camp seat, and they even hold ice very well! This one can go for about 4 or 5 days, my larger 65qt 6-7.

Boy, my Sebago Docksides have seen better days!

I went to the fisherman's outpost and grabbed some much needed water.

Then I went to the Crazy Water Bath House. It is a very nice place, and had a very sweet attendant. I received a micro bubble mineral bath, and an hour long deep tissue massage. I first heard about the place while giving my grandmother a trip update, and she said HER mother came here for the mineral baths. Cool thing to do!

Moving on!

Yes, a serious Texas state road with TWO river crossings!

Talk to y'all tomorrow!
Old 20 June 2018, 01:25 PM   #43
KarlTheToyotaGuy
"TRF" Member

I'm not sorry for the delay in update, I was having way too much fun!

Shortly after the previous picture, I went through three more river crossings. The final was the Brazos River, and it was a true "get out, lock the ****ing hubs, 4-Low, and move!" moment, but I made it steadily across. I have no pictures handy, but shall upload them over the next couple days.

My next location was Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose, Tx. Y'all can read more about it here: https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/dinosaur-valley

It's a pretty small state park at only 1500 acres as opposed to the previous park's 3300 acres, and even that is small compared to a lot of the other parks across Texas!

Just some pics for y'all!

I put my boat shoes through hell on a regular basis

Some dinosaur track:

Don't step on the fish!

Considering I had my wallet and money clip with me, and not to mention my phone, this was as far as I was willing to get into the river to play around. Plus, I had food to make!!

All of the other pictures that were taken are on another device as well, so there will be a delay in updating.

As everyone's already seen my camp and kitchen setup, there was no reason to shoot again, so I pitched my tent, cooked my dinner, drank my whisky, and caught some z's.

On the road the next day!!

Here's the sign for the river crossing I mentioned above, I will have to take screenshots and upload pics later.

A friend of mine and his wife were able to break away for the weekend so they drove down 2hrs to meet at the next park, on a whim! Very good people, and a treasure to hang out with!

Finally doing a bit more relaxing:

And a wrist shot for the day!

I'll try to post up some more pictures and give a summary of the trip over the next couple days!!

Thanks for letting me share my stories everyone!!