The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 25 January 2016, 03:35 AM   #1
studioal
"TRF" Member

Help with 93150 bracelet

Took delivery of a 1990 Tudor Sub with a folded oyster bracelet. I noticed the two folding "arms" for lack of a better term are not similarly curved.

This is the first watch I've owned with this style of bracelet so I have no reference for how much curve these two pieces should have.

Photos show that the 12 o'clock one has more curvature than the 6 o'clock one. This is especially noticeable when the bracelet is folded (second photo), you can see the bottom to have more curve than the top.

Also, my understanding is that people can bend these at home and modify the fit of the watch and how tight the clasp is. I also suspect this has something to do with why the clasp is "hanging" and not tight up against the bracelet.

What's the proper amount of bend or curve these two pieces should have?

Help me out, thanks!

studioal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 07:16 AM   #2
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

There is a post about how to adjust the "blades" in the reference section here on the forum.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....82&postcount=8

Yours can definitely be improved upon, but these bracelets will always exhibit some "hanging" or slop at the back of the clasp area which, in my opinion, was never truly remedied until the 93250 bracelet was introduced with an interlocking divers extension.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 01:00 PM   #3
studioal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
There is a post about how to adjust the "blades" in the reference section here on the forum.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....82&postcount=8

Yours can definitely be improved upon, but these bracelets will always exhibit some "hanging" or slop at the back of the clasp area which, in my opinion, was never truly remedied until the 93250 bracelet was introduced with an interlocking divers extension.
Blades, so that's what they are called. Thanks, having the micro adjustment sized to the smallest possible for my 7.125" wrist, likely isn't helping either. Seems as though the pivot point is at the end of the clasp. I wonder if I would be better off removing another link and move the micro adjustment back a few holes. Perhaps that would clean up the slop, and make for a tighter fit.
Old 27 January 2016, 09:05 AM   #4
GMT_Zulu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Hey Studial, that's what I do... I adjust to the band, then tighten up via micro adjusters in the clasp. I think most do it this way if you like a tight fit!

Z
GMT_Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2016, 09:13 AM   #5
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
in my experience, adjusting my own for nearly 25 years, they are not meant to be curved the same.

the indication of them being correct is if the clasp closes firmly and stays closed.

ps to adjust them, the only blade i have ever touched is the one attached to the clasp (not the bracelet), the blade attached to the bracelet is to be left alone or you will end up in a quagmire… giggity

any bending should be very gentle and you must avoid creasing the blade at all costs.
Old 28 January 2016, 07:56 PM   #6
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
I have never bent mine, think they are not slopped the same, so think yours is just fine!
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2016, 05:13 AM   #7
studioal
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feedback all.

It's impossible to know what the previous owner(s). I know that the clasp snaps in well, and the safety clasp also has a nice click and lock.

All that I do know is that the Tudor branded piece (clasp?) with the micro-adjusters hangs down a fair bit on the bottom side. I don't know if this is due to the last (smallest) adjuster being selected or if it's due to overall stretch or both.