The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 January 2024, 07:20 AM   #151
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

I love the Reverso but don't really see that they have other interesting models. I would either expect a significant discount or buy it second hand. Also too many ref:s!
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 07:44 AM   #152
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justindo View Post
JLC makes high quality, conservative watches that have no hype, and so resale is average. In my opinion, JLC has been a great value in steel (gold on the secondary market), but their recent price increases have been too much too fast, even though I think they're now appropriately priced. Still, it's hard to stomach a 40% increase for some models in a year or so period. Their Texas service center is abysmal, but their Swiss service center (finally) fixed Texas' mistakes for the original reasonable service price. JLC make some amazing pieces, but their normal offerings haven't changed much in years, so it is difficult to stomach the current list prices.
So many companies really raised prices too quickly in the last few years thinking the high demand would last forever.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 07:45 AM   #153
Watch-Geek
2024 Pledge Member

So....when used watches are WAAAAY over retail and you can't get them at an AD we are MAD and curse flippers and hype.
Than when watches are below retail and we can get them both at retail for the full price and on the used market for a significant "discount" we are grungy again??

JLC is a STEAL if you go used!! I went used back in 2019. and thought I'm getting a sweet deal on a spectacular piece for a great price!!

Even if it fell below what I payed I would be ok, as I LOVE IT!!

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
Watch-Geek is online now   Reply With Quote