The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 27 July 2019, 08:17 PM   #31
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
Ended up trying one on and decided against it. It was nice but just didn't love it and for me that's a requirement, especially at this price range. The search continues.
An AD offered it to you and you turned it down? *Heartattack*
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 09:25 PM   #32
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Ended up trying one on and decided against it. It was nice but just didn't love it and for me that's a requirement, especially at this price range. The search continues.
Right decision, as you say at this price point you need to love the piece.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 09:46 PM   #33
GeraldGentaFan
"TRF" Member

I love mine. A no brainer if you like the Nautilus line and can buy at retail.

Congrats on possibly getting it as your first PP. I had to buy many others first. How did you manage this?
GeraldGentaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 10:11 PM   #34
bob101
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldGentaFan View Post
I love mine. A no brainer if you like the Nautilus line and can buy at retail.

Congrats on possibly getting it as your first PP. I had to buy many others first. How did you manage this?
Yeah I would have imagined you'd need a substantial purchase history to get offered this piece. Fair enough if it didn't do it for you. I don't think I'd turn it down at retail but it is tempting to look at likes of 5270 around that price point and slightly above.
bob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 11:10 PM   #35
Aquaman
Banned

Quote:

Kudos to you, I done the same

As you can see loads of people would have taken it even if they didn't like it as they have FOMO
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2019, 11:46 PM   #36
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
+1
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 07:13 AM   #37
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I love it!! If offered and you can afford it I would take it down.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 08:40 AM   #38
MCMartiny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange & Patek
To those that already have one and have experience with SS Nautilus, is the G more of a scratch magnet than the SS versions?
MCMartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 09:10 AM   #39
Flybak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Quote:
Good on you for making a sensible decision. It's a beautiful piece and with the difficulty of sourcing it, resisting the temptation to get it in the hopes it will "grow on you" would not be easy for many people even at this price point
Flybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2019, 04:49 AM   #40
66Berret
Banned

It's a watch of good substance. You'll love it for sure. If I had that one time offer I'll take it in a heartbeat. Cheers

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
66Berret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2019, 06:26 AM   #41
sxdcfv
Banned

Agreed. Jump all over that. You won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sxdcfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 12:06 PM   #42
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
Kudos to you, I done the same

As you can see loads of people would have taken it even if they didn't like it as they have FOMO
It was a friend's so there was no option of buying to resell. We both know what they trade hands for on the secondary and he was just being generous offering for retail (what he paid). It's as subjective as art on the wall and I feel, right now, the Nautilus just doesn't do it for me in the PC. Was just offered an extremely rare AP PC that I'm now seriously considering. This design I know I already love and it's hard to beat being numbered out of a very small edition. The first PP may have to wait
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 12:38 PM   #43
Richmor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Patek
My 5740G takes my breath away every time I put it on my wrist. Seconds don't matter. Best wishes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 30 July 2019, 01:29 PM   #44
T3F
"TRF" Member

It's a complete disgrace of a watch and an embarrassment to both the brand and the wearer. Put me in contact with the AD that's offered it to you so I can buy it and save anyone else the burden of doing so.
Old 30 July 2019, 11:43 PM   #45
Murcielagoboy2
"TRF" Member

My AD said he could get me one with a 12 month lead time. That was a year ago when it released. If was to order today, my AD told me that the lead time has moved to 5-6 years as they're getting one piece per year.

FYI - I tried it on and it really didn't work on me. I appreciate it, think it's beautiful, but just doesn't suit me... So I passed getting on the list.
Murcielagoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 01:31 AM   #46
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcielagoboy2 View Post
My AD said he could get me one with a 12 month lead time. That was a year ago when it released. If was to order today, my AD told me that the lead time has moved to 5-6 years as they're getting one piece per year.

FYI - I tried it on and it really didn't work on me. I appreciate it, think it's beautiful, but just doesn't suit me... So I passed getting on the list.
That sounds right, a regular AD is getting around 1 piece per year with larger ADs getting more than that.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 04:20 AM   #47
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam philip View Post
that sounds right, a regular ad is getting around 1 piece per year with larger ads getting more than that.
+1
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 06:18 AM   #48
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcielagoboy2 View Post

I was told the same at Pragnell, I really liked the watch on the tour but not quite enough to go on the list.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 09:58 AM   #49
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

How do you like your 5740/1G?

Of all my Pateks this is my favorite...the blue symmetric dial, the complication, the thin balanced case and it’s a nautilus. It has become my everyday.

Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 11:42 AM   #50
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheaven View Post
Of all my Pateks this is my favorite...the blue symmetric dial, the complication, the thin balanced case and it’s a nautilus. It has become my everyday.

Don't get me wrong, very nice! Just for me didn't ring enough bells for the price. How it felt on the wrist was amazing but aesthetically I really am drawn to the AP perpetual more. I feel my first PP will be a 5976 but I'll have to brace myself for that one
Old 31 July 2019, 01:39 PM   #51
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, very nice! Just for me didn't ring enough bells for the price. How it felt on the wrist was amazing but aesthetically I really am drawn to the AP perpetual more. I feel my first PP will be a 5976 but I'll have to brace myself for that one

You are not wrong whatsoever...Buy what speaks to you, a big part of what I enjoy about this forum is hearing the different perspectives. Out of curiosity which AP perpetual? They have been hit or miss for me the last 10 years. Regarding the the 5976, I own both and find the 5740 a better transitional piece, but the 5976 definitely makes a statement (provided you want to make one).

Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 05:01 PM   #52
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheaven View Post
You are not wrong whatsoever...Buy what speaks to you, a big part of what I enjoy about this forum is hearing the different perspectives. Out of curiosity which AP perpetual? They have been hit or miss for me the last 10 years. Regarding the the 5976, I own both and find the 5740 a better transitional piece, but the 5976 definitely makes a statement (provided you want to make one).

Been offered an extremely rare AP PC, so I’m pretty sure I’ll pull the trigger and of course post plenty. It was one of those pie in the sky moon shots that actually materialized, which is hard to turn away from. I like the LE factor of the 5986 as well but the aesthetics of it just speaks so much more to me than the 5740, all though I have yet to try the former on so that will be the next step on that venture.
Old 31 July 2019, 05:14 PM   #53
pam66
"TRF" Member

even if i say no, i won't take it, the statement will dissolve when they put it up infront of me. like with any over nautilus.
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote