The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 December 2015, 10:08 AM   #121
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Adam - I don't think BHJ came to the forum to be part of the community so maybe reputation is way down on his list.

I noticed BHJ joined the same day the sale was posted as OHPF. So they were a 1-day old member upon purchase.

None of that excuses behavior but perhaps helps explain why BHJ seems unaware of the way we conduct ourselves here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean that anyone looking up Beacon Hill Jewelers on Google will probably find this thread and take their business elsewhere.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 10:10 AM   #122
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
So after talking with Jake from beacon hill jewelers I would like to now post my recent dealings with him.

As seen in earlier posts on this topic I tried to talk to Jake about letting me pick the watch up and ship it back to Greg. Beacon Hill jewelers insisted that amex still has not refunded him the money (even though we all know how charge backs work). I even tried to tell Jake that I would sign in writing a document stating I would be on the line for the 950 dollars if his CC company did not give him a refund after we sent the watch back. Needless to say Jake from Beacon Hill was not very kind in regards to the situation and basically made some threats about slander etc etc and how I should mind my business.

I am just portraying my side of the story and hopefully this situation can be resolved by the parties involved. I am still more than willing to step up and handle the shipping of the watch back while being in the line for the 950 if the CC company does not refund him the money. The ball is in beacon hill jewelers court but based upon the previous posts about his company I don't see this as being resolved very easily.
You're a great TRFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1787 View Post
Based on what I read here and links posted about other complaints I would never do business with Beacon Hill Jewelers either.
x2.... to bad a banning or tarnished reputation on here wont do much as they don't have an established account on this community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
And the 7th.

This is just bizarre. The buyer at one point mentioned that he tried to contact the seller for several weeks with no satisfaction, but it has not come up since??? If I were a buyer and had an issue with something that I bought and the seller did not respond for that long I would take swift action as well. But again, this has not come up since it was mentioned in an early post of the buyer.

The seller did a really good job of describing the watch and documenting its condition. I see no reason the buyer should have been surprised at the condition. To contact the seller and want $350 more off when he already sold a watch he had listed for $1300 to you for $950 is a strong arm move and just bad business.

I think that major issue for me (and it seems most others) is how the chargeback was handled. If the buyer had gone to PayPal and filed a complaint they would have refunded his money as soon As he provided proof that he had shipped the item. They always side with the buyer unless it is gross negligence on their part.

The whole Amex deal messed up the whole thing since PayPal is in the middle.

Ive heard this practice with other watch selling site. Bobswatches has been known to give phone quotes to buy a watch all the time. Once price is agreed upon the owner sends watch to them only to find out that bobswatches wants to offer less "due to other problem unforeseen" if the person refuses its on there agreement terms that the sender must pay for return postage. At this point the sender is now spending an extra $50-100 to get the watch back. What bobswatches is banking on is the person feels strong armed and agrees on the lower price as some people may be desperate for money at this point. I kind of feel this is kind of the same type of practice.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 10:15 AM   #123
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Man, talk about shooting yourself in the foot! Huge error in judgement here from Beacon Hill Jewelers. TRF at its best
There isn't even a review in the Who's/Who section yet.
Old 13 December 2015, 10:20 AM   #124
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
The key issue that jumps out of this for me is "communication"
If I have understood the preceding posts correctly, both parties allege that they made numerous unsuccessful attempts to contact the other in order to clarify/resolve the issue.
All the buyer/seller issues I have had in my life are about failed communication.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 10:25 AM   #125
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
if Beacon Hill Jewelers (oops, did I SEO their name again?!) aren't a pledge member, how did they see the classified post to begin with?

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 10:27 AM   #126
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
if Beacon Hill Jewelers (oops, did I SEO their name again?!) aren't a pledge member, how did they see the classified post to begin with?
I think you can see it. You just cant post yourself.

Old 13 December 2015, 10:29 AM   #127
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
I think you can see it. You just cant post yourself.

Correct. You can buy but not sell.

These problem transactions with buyers with zero posts that just joined the day they bought something are seeming to become more frequent.

Usually Adam that has to clean them up.

Great community here will get the ship righted on this one for the OP.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 10:53 AM   #128
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
There isn't even a review in the Who's/Who section yet.
... Yet
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 11:00 AM   #129
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Greg
Beacon Hill Jewelers was the buyer. You don't need to pledge to buy.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 11:11 AM   #130
andromeda160
Banned

Quote:
Love the avatar. Lol I loved when they opened the suitcase and we're taking their drug inventory, and the scene where they stole the car owners pen was priceless. Such a great movie. im really getting the urge to watch it again
Old 13 December 2015, 11:16 AM   #131
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
I think that major issue for me (and it seems most others) is how the chargeback was handled. If the buyer had gone to PayPal and filed a complaint they would have refunded his money as soon As he provided proof that he had shipped the item. They always side with the buyer unless it is gross negligence on their part.

The whole Amex deal messed up the whole thing since PayPal is in the middle.

Very good point about initiating the dispute with Amex instead of PayPal
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 11:25 AM   #132
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Buyer holding my watch hostage

Interesting that Ruby Lane Inc. or http://www.rubylane.com/ would support or do business with Beacon Hill Jewelers when they have a bad reputation.

http://www.rubylane.com/shop/beaconh...illjewelers&q=

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 11:44 AM   #133
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Top man, Manny. Good on you, mate

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 11:58 AM   #134
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
Interesting that Ruby Lane Inc. or http://www.rubylane.com/ would support or do business with Beacon Hill Jewelers when they have a bad reputation.

http://www.rubylane.com/shop/beaconh...illjewelers&q=

I didn't see negative feedback on ruby lane?

Old 13 December 2015, 12:41 PM   #135
bradj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN 116613LB
It looks like Beacon Hill Jewelers also has questionable business practices in dealings of other types of items.

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread...s-on-Ruby-Lane
bradj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 12:45 PM   #136
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Correct. You can buy but not sell.

These problem transactions with buyers with zero posts that just joined the day they bought something are seeming to become more frequent.

Usually Adam that has to clean them up.

Great community here will get the ship righted on this one for the OP.

All mods share the burden equally
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2015, 01:09 PM   #137
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradj View Post
It looks like Beacon Hill Jewelers also has questionable business practices in dealings of other types of items.

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread...s-on-Ruby-Lane
WOW just more and more keep coming out about BHJ.

When were they established? How did they survive so long as a business?

Old 13 December 2015, 11:56 PM   #138
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
Pre-web it was easy to get away with this stuff.

I would not be surprised if these guys have been around for a while pulling this crap.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2015, 09:36 PM   #139
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Any updates on this issue with Beacon Hill Jewelers?
Old 15 December 2015, 02:44 AM   #140
andromeda160
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Any updates on this issue with Beacon Hill Jewelers?
According to PayPal there's an active case open still so there's the possibility I might get my money back. I haven't been able to get ahold of AMEX to confirm the letters existence. I haven't received any correspondence from the buyer other than what's been in the thread though.
Old 15 December 2015, 02:50 AM   #141
wantonebad

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda160 View Post
According to PayPal there's an active case open still so there's the possibility I might get my money back. I haven't been able to get ahold of AMEX to confirm the letters existence. I haven't received any correspondence from the buyer other than what's been in the thread though.
I would seriously consider contacting the Massachusetts state attorney's office if he continues to delay/stall or blow smoke. Stating the obvious here but he has said nothing of substance or offered no answers to the important questions. Since he's dismissed Manny's involvement out of hand and knows how to disappear after throwing wet wood on the fire, I would escalate things. JMHO
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 03:22 AM   #142
77T

Buyer holding my watch hostage

I know it's maddening but IMHO less rhetoric may be best while the financial wheels grind away. If a crime has been committed, the statute of limitations is quite a way off.

Old 15 December 2015, 03:25 AM   #143
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRwatchATL View Post
In my own experience, Visa will refund your money very quickly. I disputed a charge made for a hotel room when my credit card was stolen a few years ago. The money was refunded less than 24 hours later, with no proof required. When the hotel reversed the invoice a week later, at which point the funds were AGAIN sent to my CC. Resulting in a duplicate refund. It took almost 3 months for the CC company to understand that I was trying to give them the money back! ...should have just kept it, i doubt they would have noticed
I had a similar experience with the credit card company. They wrote off the charges on a contested item. A week later the company refunded my money back to the credit card. After difficulty in trying to give the money back I just waited. Several months later the credit card company charged me the correct sum so it all worked out in the end.

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 04:00 AM   #144
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
After some exhaustive searching I have found the following two numbers which may be of assistance to you. The executive liaison office is 800 297 6197. That number may be out of date or you may need more information and in order to connect with somebody there. That would be my first try. If that doesn't work try calling the New York City (main office) of American Express. I usually try asking directly for the president or chief executive officer. That usually gets me to a secretary who will refer me to somebody whose job it is to assist a resolution of the problem. The Chief Executive Officer of American Express is Kenneth Chennault. The phone number is 212-640-2000. Another name you might try is Joshua Silverman . He is the president of consumer affairs and products. Coincidently he held the same position at Ebay for six years. Good luck and if you need any help give me a PM.

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 04:26 AM   #145
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Greg feel free to let me know if I can do anything else, whether you want me to stop by the store etc etc. I am more than willing to help out any possible way. Beacon hill Jewelers is obviously trying to draw this out as long as possible so you forget about it and it becomes more trouble to get the watch back than it is worth don't let this shady business practice stand.

if you need anything please let me know
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 04:32 AM   #146
wantonebad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
Greg feel free to let me know if I can do anything else, whether you want me to stop by the store etc etc. I am more than willing to help out any possible way. Beacon hill Jewelers is obviously trying to draw this out as long as possible so you forget about it and it becomes more trouble to get the watch back than it is worth don't let this shady business practice stand.

if you need anything please let me know
X2

And why I'd like the AG's office to know about it. They most likely have other complaints from this crew and getting your complaint in there will only help given they have already used hostile tactics. You can always withdraw the complaint if warranted but the MA AG's office can often help.
Old 15 December 2015, 04:35 AM   #147
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
X2

And why I'd like the AG's office to know about it. They most likely have other complaints from this crew and getting your complaint in there will only help given they have already used hostile tactics. You can always withdraw the complaint if warranted but the MA AG's office can often help.
Very good point Marc
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 05:27 AM   #148
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I had a chargeback situation with Amex last year at Christmas time.
In October I ordered some Ugg boots for my daughter and wife from what I thought was the legitimate Uggs website. After not receiving any sort of confirmation for a few days I called Uggs. They asked for the order number or other personal information to locate the order. When it did not come up with an order I went to the site via my browser history and we figured out it was a re-direct scam. Uggs had the site shut down within 30 minutes. When I called Amex they tried to go to the site listed in the charge. When the site was gone they refunded my money immediately. 3 months later I received 3 pairs (I ordered 2) of obviously fake Chinese Ugg knock off boots in the wrong colors and sizes.

Bottom line is every cc company, Amex included will refund fraud immediately. Why this is still going on this long is completely beyond me.

I know that op will not forget about it and it is a damn shame that a guy with a rather inexpensive Rolex to sell is getting jacked around so bad.

I would make sure it is in the condition that it was sent off in when you get it back. Would not doubt if it were worse for wear when you got it back.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 05:36 AM   #149
wantonebad

Quote:
I would make sure it is in the condition that it was sent off in when you get it back. Would not doubt if it were worse for wear when you got it back.
This is also my fear, given their reputation what do they have to lose by swapping parts or just stealing them.
Old 15 December 2015, 10:07 AM   #150
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Are "BostonWatch", Beacon Hill Jewelers still members of the Forum? Many would like to hear from them, if they are...
Knappo 1307 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaconhilljewelers , beware , bhj2013 , scammer