The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 3 July 2019, 04:39 AM   #1
mspeed76
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
Chrono24 private seller escrow advice

so I purchased a watch from an overseas private seller described as "perfect". When I got it, it was more like near mint. I wouldnt have bought it if I knew the actual condition.

The private seller won't accept a return and would only offer a trivial amount of discount.

I'd prefer to return the watch, but I'm asking for a IMO reasonable 6% discount off the price.

Chrono24 wants me to accept the seller's trivial discount offer, and won't even submit my counter offer of 6% discount.

I know Chrono24 can't release the funds until we both agree.

Any advice?
mspeed76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2019, 04:51 AM   #2
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Dealing on Chrono24 is very different, when I have dealt with them I only looked at US sellers and asked a ton of questions and returns was a top question and had it all in documented messages but my deal went thru 100% positive so for me the key was asking all these questions before the sale and I had to go thru lots of sellers to get my questions answered.

I think Chrono24 as a whole is honest and they are only a middleman but they also don’t get there funds until both parties agree, I wish you the best but I would be firm on your decision
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2019, 06:28 PM   #3
mspeed76
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
never use chrono24 with a private seller

the seller doesn't have to accept a return and escrow process does nothing to protect the buyer if you don't get whats advertised.
mspeed76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2019, 06:39 PM   #4
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
So which is best?

“Near mint”or “perfect”.

Do you have pix?

“Near mint” doesn’t sound bad.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2019, 10:06 PM   #5
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed76 View Post
never use chrono24 with a private seller

the seller doesn't have to accept a return and escrow process does nothing to protect the buyer if you don't get whats advertised.

I know you’re frustrated but dealing with a private seller is always fraught with drawbacks no matter what platform you choose to use. They usually are not as well versed in the intricacies of accurate descriptions. Nor do they feel a need to protect a reputation vs. the sale price.

But when a platform offers escrow they at least protect you from the empty box syndrome. Same with a fake being delivered. It’s not really good for disagreements over perfect condition vs. mint/minty/near mint, etc.

Did his Chrono24 state “no returns”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 02:00 PM   #6
Hanze
Banned

Watch: G-Shock Frogman
Would love to give advice sadly don’t have any regarding this situation, just hate for chrono24 in general.
Hanze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2019, 10:46 PM   #7
Drooling labs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
I used chrono24 with a private seller and had a good experience. All
Messages are saved in your profile and transaction so you can ask about returns etc and it is documented. Escrow is important for buyer as stated above protects against empty box or total fake. I believe even with “trusted sellers” there have been issues with watches that were ultimately fake and chrono 24 helped those people.
Drooling labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2022, 12:20 AM   #8
Debrago
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1983 Explorer 1016
Slightly off topic but I'm trying to sell a watch as a private seller on Chrono24 and they're telling me escrow is not available. I'm in Canada. I've searched their site and cannot find an explanation. Does anyone know?
Debrago is offline   Reply With Quote