The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 July 2019, 11:29 PM   #1
bob101
"TRF" Member

5327g

Very tempted to get a perpetual Cal and this is one of the contenders. I haven't seen it and tried it on yet but I think it looks great with the blue dial in white gold. Love the Breguet numerals and reckon 39 is a good size. Has anyone got one and if so could you give me your thoughts on it?

bob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2019, 11:54 PM   #2
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
James has it.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 02:10 AM   #3
bob101
"TRF" Member

Ah nice, looking forward to his feedback.
Old 25 July 2019, 07:18 AM   #4
MadSpaniard
"TRF" Member

I think the 5327 is a gorgeous watch. Haven't seen the G version in person, but I have seen the R and it's really nice. I've heard people say the blue dial is not quite as legible as the cream/light one, but that blue dial on the 5327G is quite remarkable nonetheless.

The 5327 is in the same style family as the 5227 and 5205, with curved case, sculpted lugs etc which I really like (I have the 5227R and 5205R both with cream/light-colored dials).

If I were to get a perpetual, it would be the 5327, and the G version with that blue dial would be a top contender. Of course, these days the resale value on these may not be particularly strong, but I tend to make watch purchase decisions based more on what I think I'll like and enjoy over the long term.

Best of luck on your decision.
MadSpaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 01:56 PM   #5
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Icon6

Yep.I love mine. I must confess It doesn’t get the wrist time my 5711white face , or the 5711R and the 5990 do (although maybe that’s cuz they are newer to my collection) But if I were going to sell one of my pieces the 5327 would be one of the last to go. It is just an elegant,class dress watch. Mine came with the really neat leather auto winder - batteries have lasted 6mos In almost constant use. In short ,I have been very pleased with it. The blue dial with the gold numbers and hands are perfect and love the complications. They are selling at greys for $64- 69 which I think is a great buy and if purchased at that will hold their value and imo go up in time. Regards , james in San Antonio ,tx :-)
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 02:32 PM   #6
zahain
"TRF" Member

saw one at my AD yesterday and i have to say its a sunning piece. Case size is good, breguet numerals and the blue dial make this a top piece to get. The caseback is seamless/extremely tight fit on the case so it overall looks like one piece, which i found to be a nice touch. If it comes in platinum in the future, i may just buy one
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 07:09 PM   #7
bob101
"TRF" Member

Perfect thanks for the feedback, great photos love the dial. Looking forward to trying it on soon! The watch winder looks very handy.