The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 March 2009, 11:20 PM   #61
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Soory Miami fans!

What a game, huh? As much as I love the Heat, Celts are tough - I would love to see a dynasty. Odd - as much as I hated the old time Celtics with Bird and Parrish, I really like the Boston Three Party (Garnett, Allen and Pierce)

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2009, 11:23 PM   #62
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
What a game, huh? As much as I love the Heat, Celts are tough - I would love to see a dynasty. Odd - as much as I hated the old time Celtics with Bird and Parrish, I really like the Boston Three Party (Garnett, Allen and Pierce)
Hey hey hey, let's stick to the topic....NY got blown out and chances of 8th spot look bad......: banghead:
tszyu#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2009, 11:56 PM   #63
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tszyu#1 View Post
Hey hey hey, let's stick to the topic....NY got blown out and chances of 8th spot look bad......: banghead:
Hey Hey - NBA IS the topic!

Sorry to hear about the Knicks - there's always next year (or next or next or next ) If it makes it any better, I HATE the friggin Nets, ever since Kidd played for them.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 20 March 2009, 12:10 AM   #64
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Hey - NBA IS the topic!

Sorry to hear about the Knicks - there's always next year (or next or next or next ) If it makes it any better, I HATE the friggin Nets, ever since Kidd played for them.
What kills me is there was NO Devin Harris and we still got blown out...I heard Lebron aint setting foot outside of Cleveland in 2010...so I'll settle for D. Wade... and maybe Chris Bosh and Amare if he gets better..speaking of Kidd, he goes to this pool hall I practically live at every month or so....also the Olson twins, or one of them at least, I can't tell the difference...met Roger Mason Jr.'s uncle last night at same said pool hall last night.....horrible trade by Dallas to give up Harris for 48 year old Kidd
Old 20 March 2009, 12:32 AM   #65
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Been a lakers fan my whole life...probably more to do with Magic and Fletch than any other reason.

Used to love playing but watching the game is kinda dull.

It's like one team scores, then the opposition scores, repeat until somebody misses.

J
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2009, 12:53 AM   #66
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
Been a lakers fan my whole life...probably more to do with Magic and Fletch than any other reason.

Used to love playing but watching the game is kinda dull.

It's like one team scores, then the opposition scores, repeat until somebody misses.

J
Trust me I am NOT a name dropper, but I am coming across like one...Stormin Norm Nixon was one of my old clients...I always had to reach him at the Debbie Allen Dance Studio/Academy...also had a pro pool player client that only if you were a huge ppol fan you'd have heard of him...ok maybe I am a lil bit of a name dropper
Old 20 March 2009, 12:58 AM   #67
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Cool Steve

Forgot to ask, what did you think of Khan's fluke at the weekend?????

J
Old 20 March 2009, 01:21 AM   #68
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Cool Steve

Forgot to ask, what did you think of Khan's fluke at the weekend?????

J
Well, you could practically see MAB'S skull, like Klit vs Lennox, but overall, I think Khan rebounded nicely. Much faster, much more on point, good to see him bounce back after the Prescott disaster. OTH, Barrera was old fat and those wars with Morales and Junior Jones and Pcman are definitely showing. He had his moments, but without the cut, I think Khan wouldve pulled the decision. Hard to follow UK boxers....now if Vitali fights Haye, I hope V. literally knocks hs head off. I'd like to see Haye's head in the 3rd or 4th row.
Enzo Maccinerelli---not gonna look up spelling..he got KO'd recently, so Haye's win, impressive, but maybe less so now that Enzo got shellacked in the 6th or 7th.
Old 20 March 2009, 01:31 AM   #69
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Enzo was one of the most excited boys we had.

From the Calzaghe camp except his punching power seemed about 20x the power of Joe C.

His K.O's have done his rep some damage, if only he'd thought his bouts out instead of getting into a power punching display!!!!!!!

Haye is just all mouth. He'll get battered.

Khan is a great fighter but needed to be put on his backside. Like all of these UK hopes, they all start to believe their own hype and want world title bouts before they've fought anybody of any worth.

J
Old 20 March 2009, 03:02 AM   #70
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Enzo was one of the most excited boys we had.

From the Calzaghe camp except his punching power seemed about 20x the power of Joe C.

His K.O's have done his rep some damage, if only he'd thought his bouts out instead of getting into a power punching display!!!!!!!

Haye is just all mouth. He'll get battered.

Khan is a great fighter but needed to be put on his backside. Like all of these UK hopes, they all start to believe their own hype and want world title bouts before they've fought anybody of any worth.

J
You sir, are on the money...I love how Hatton is talking IF (good luck...) he beats Pac, then he's the new p4p #1....sorry, if he does get by Pac Juan Manuel Marquez would be #1. If Joe wasn't retired, he'd be #2. I love Manny, but imo, Floyd is still #1, though his competition is no way near Pacquaio's.

Haye is annoying and irks me more than Mayweather does. As far as Khan, sometimes it's good to get that 1st loss out of the way...my favorite of all time, well it's a tie with Tyson is Kostya Tszyu--duh look at my screen name...when his 1st loss to Vince 'Cool' Phillips, he started retraining again SERIOUSLY. He went on a TEAR--Miguel Angel Gonzalez, Julio Cesar Chavez (fine, past his prime) Sharmba Mitchell 2x, knocked out Zab Judah so hard he made him do the chicken dance, Hurtado and a string of others which ultimately led to undisputed JR welterweight champ and Ring magazine champ--the most important belt out of all those wba wbc ibf ibo wbo bsb (b...sh.t belt) straps out there

Only I could turn an NBA thread into boxing!!!
Old 20 March 2009, 03:08 AM   #71
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Hi, Jack!

Hijack!

Kiddn - I love boxing too and totally agree about Vitaly (and Wladimir) - future of heavyweight boxing.

Old 20 March 2009, 04:59 AM   #72
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi, Jack!

Hijack!

Kiddn - I love boxing too and totally agree about Vitaly (and Wladimir) - future of heavyweight boxing.
Sigh....a boring HW future....crazy as he was, no one got non boxing/casual fans interested as Iron Mike did....maybe Oscar, but we're talking HW. Chris Arreola...that fat slob, at least he has punching power and is fun to watch....
Old 20 March 2009, 05:53 AM   #73
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sigh....a boring HW future....crazy as he was, no one got non boxing/casual fans interested as Iron Mike did....maybe Oscar, but we're talking HW. Chris Arreola...that fat slob, at least he has punching power and is fun to watch....
What about Roy Jones Jr?

Fair play he was a bit light and overhyped but your media turned him into a God (well in his own mind anyway)!!!!!!!

Heavyweights last heyday was the Bowe, Holyfield years....Lennox(big girls blouse) was just coming onto the scene and there was still whispered awe about Iron Mike's return.

Since then, the big Russians and Lennox jabalot drained the excitement out of it.

Compared to your Floyd's, Manny Pacs and Tszyus the heavyweights seem even more lumbering than ever.

J
Old 20 March 2009, 06:56 AM   #74
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What about Roy Jones Jr?

Fair play he was a bit light and overhyped but your media turned him into a God (well in his own mind anyway)!!!!!!!

Heavyweights last heyday was the Bowe, Holyfield years....Lennox(big girls blouse) was just coming onto the scene and there was still whispered awe about Iron Mike's return.

Since then, the big Russians and Lennox jabalot drained the excitement out of it.

Compared to your Floyd's, Manny Pacs and Tszyus the heavyweights seem even more lumbering than ever.

J

The blubberweights as my friend calls them...nothing going on...feather to welterweight is where the action is...The Klit bros. are the only thing going and they're BORING, at least Wlad is. Vitali looked great in his comeback against Sam Peter tho.
Old 20 March 2009, 06:58 AM   #75
SirLoki
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
go lakers tonight! haha

RIP JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
The best bastidization I've ever seen on TRF!!
SirLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2009, 09:55 AM   #76
larolexman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post

x2
larolexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2009, 10:14 AM   #77
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Go Lakers - what a laugh

They're playing the lowly warriors... they BETTER win! It should be a given!

Now, GO CAVS!

Old 20 March 2009, 11:00 AM   #78
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Go Lakers - what a laugh

They're playing the lowly warriors... they BETTER win! It should be a given!

Now, GO CAVS!
Hey..you got the all time leader in 4 pt plays on GSW...Jamal Crawford! Why is it that every player the Knicks let go, they do so much better? Look at Ariza...he could slam the ball as a rookie in NY AND THAT'S IT. Larry Brown called him 'delusional' whn Trevor wanted more minutes and Brown got rid of him...look at him now...he can hit 3's!!!
Old 20 March 2009, 01:45 PM   #79
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Yeah baby! Go Cavs! Lebron's triple-double and of course, the Big Z pulled them out, otherwise in the first half they played like

And Brendan Roy - what a beast!

Old 20 March 2009, 11:54 PM   #80
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Gregg did the Lakers beat the warriors yesterday?
Old 21 March 2009, 12:02 AM   #81
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
Gregg did the Lakers beat the warriors yesterday?
Yeah, they did... I figured they would (although I hoped they wouldn't) - Warriors suck and Lakers were at home. Ended up to be a closer game at the end than I expected though....

Old 21 March 2009, 12:04 AM   #82
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Quote:
Yeah, they did... I figured they would (although I hoped they wouldn't) - Warriors suck and Lakers were at home. Ended up to be a closer game at the end than I expected though....
i didnt finish the game..it was 3rd quarter and lakers were pulling away...
Old 21 March 2009, 03:44 AM   #83
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

114-106 Lakers...Pau with the nice double double...I'm just reading box score, I fell asleep during Cavs OT. Oh my Knicks.....Orlando Saturday with Al Harrington listed questionable????
Old 21 March 2009, 11:47 PM   #84
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Uh-oh, folks! Celtics beat Spurs in San Antonio last night - I smell a repeat!

Old 22 March 2009, 01:47 AM   #85
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Uh-oh, folks! Celtics beat Spurs in San Antonio last night - I smell a repeat!
Boston is done, and thankfully so. It's Lakers, Cavs, Magic and Spurs, Darkhorse on the west is Houston and the east is Atlanta. But Boston is not getting past the 3rd rd. And NY got blown out by the worst team in the league..that is freakin embarrassing, pitiful, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so pissed off
Old 22 March 2009, 02:06 AM   #86
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Boston is done, and thankfully so. It's Lakers, Cavs, Magic and Spurs, Darkhorse on the west is Houston and the east is Atlanta. But Boston is not getting past the 3rd rd. And NY got blown out by the worst team in the league..that is freakin embarrassing, pitiful, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so pissed off
3rd round - meaning conference finals? That's not too bad. Also, I don't know if they will win it all, but I can guarantee that they WILL be in the finals.

Old 22 March 2009, 02:38 AM   #87
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
Lakers got the West locked down.

Cavs can beat Boston but I don't think neither of these teams can beat the Lakers in 7 games.

When Bynum comes back it's over and we will get a parade ready. We need PJ to start coaching again and get his head out of his "you know what." They have been blowing leads as of late.

Thank goodness they have a 7 game road trip, everyone can get out of L.A. and spend time with one another. They look bored playing at home. Hopefully this will get them out of their funk.

Not too worried about Chicago, they have no front court and Pau will destroy them inside.

I LOVE L.A.!
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2009, 02:47 AM   #88
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Precision View Post
Lakers got the West locked down.

Cavs can beat Boston but I don't think neither of these teams can beat the Lakers in 7 games.

When Bynum comes back it's over and we will get a parade ready. We need PJ to start coaching again and get his head out of his "you know what." They have been blowing leads as of late.

Thank goodness they have a 7 game road trip, everyone can get out of L.A. and spend time with one another. They look bored playing at home. Hopefully this will get them out of their funk.

Not too worried about Chicago, they have no front court and Pau will destroy them inside.

I LOVE L.A.!
Sorry, but LA is like a brittle cookie under pressure - last year's finals proved that. Bynum was healthy then, wasn't he? They will make it to the finals, no doubt, beating geriatric Spurs in conference finals (yawn...), then there really is noone else that can sustain a 7 game series. As far as the East - it is a toss-up. Either Cleveland or Boston, maybe even Magic, but all will steamroll the Lakers in the finals. So keep the parade balloons deflated for now!

Old 22 March 2009, 08:50 AM   #89
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Bynum didn't play in last yrs finals! He hardly played the season! LA I think learned how to play in the finals with this squad, in particular Kobe/Pau. LA will win it all vs Cleveland.
Old 22 March 2009, 08:53 AM   #90
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
Good to see that everyone in here is a Laker fan/Lakers are their second favorite team.

-or-

Atleast watch more Lakers games than their team.

The Lakers have toughen up since last year if they play good teams. It's playing down to the level of the weak teams worry me.
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote