The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 6 May 2022, 05:31 PM   #1
Denver Dick
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DateJust 16013
TT DJ 16013 - Back from RSC - 3035 Movement Running Great!

Well, my 1987 16013 got back from the RSC on Monday, May 2. I have no other Rolex watches and I'm not on any list waiting to acquire any others. This watch has been and will continue to be my every-day watch. I've posted a couple of other threads about its recent visit to the RSC and return. I want to comment on the heart and soul of my 35-year-old 16013, the 3035 movement. It has always run smoothly and accurately.

In 2009, when I took it in for its 3rd servicing, it had not been in for about 12 years. It was looking a bit rough with scratched/dented case, badly stretched bracelet, and discolored dial and hands. However, it was still pretty accurate, losing a few seconds each day. It came back with a new bracelet, all polished and looking like new and running great again. Then, two months ago (over 12 years from the 2009 servicing) I took it in for servicing at the RSC. The watch looked pretty good but was slowing down and the crown was barely screwing down. Given how much it had been overly polished in the past and that it had corrosion again (first time was 2009, but they saved the case), I was not surprised when they said it required a new case and case back. Now it really does looks like new.

The movement is running beautifully! I've been wearing it since I pick it up after its return from the RSC. Setting the watch on its side with the crown up at bedtime, it lost 2 seconds in two days. When I laid the watch on its back with the dial up, it gained 2 second in one day. It will be very easy to self-regulate using change of position overnight.

I am, and always have been, well pleased with the 3035 movement.

I'm seventy years old so my Rolex and I probably only have about two more servicings left together.

Denver Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2022, 07:41 PM   #2
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Congrats!
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2022, 07:29 PM   #3
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dick View Post
Well, my 1987 16013 got back from the RSC on Monday, May 2. I have no other Rolex watches and I'm not on any list waiting to acquire any others. This watch has been and will continue to be my every-day watch. I've posted a couple of other threads about its recent visit to the RSC and return. I want to comment on the heart and soul of my 35-year-old 16013, the 3035 movement. It has always run smoothly and accurately.

In 2009, when I took it in for its 3rd servicing, it had not been in for about 12 years. It was looking a bit rough with scratched/dented case, badly stretched bracelet, and discolored dial and hands. However, it was still pretty accurate, losing a few seconds each day. It came back with a new bracelet, all polished and looking like new and running great again. Then, two months ago (over 12 years from the 2009 servicing) I took it in for servicing at the RSC. The watch looked pretty good but was slowing down and the crown was barely screwing down. Given how much it had been overly polished in the past and that it had corrosion again (first time was 2009, but they saved the case), I was not surprised when they said it required a new case and case back. Now it really does looks like new.

The movement is running beautifully! I've been wearing it since I pick it up after its return from the RSC. Setting the watch on its side with the crown up at bedtime, it lost 2 seconds in two days. When I laid the watch on its back with the dial up, it gained 2 second in one day. It will be very easy to self-regulate using change of position overnight.

I am, and always have been, well pleased with the 3035 movement.

I'm seventy years old so my Rolex and I probably only have about two more servicings left together.
It's genuinely heartening to read stories like this. There's far too little positivity out there.

People are fast to complain, and often never say anything when things go well.

watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2022, 04:49 AM   #4
Rolex tom
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex,seiko,Omega
100% agree with the above
Rolex tom is offline   Reply With Quote