The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 30 June 2022, 08:20 AM   #1
BlackBay
"TRF" Member

[EU] Where to bring in my classic Sub?

Hi all,

I enjoy my 16610 Submariner (last batch with the aluminum bezel, late 2010 ). But it's 12 years old and was never serviced. It still runs properly and it hasn't much signs of wear, except some superficial scuffs on the bracelet and overall a bit dull looking.

The reason I postponed the service for so long is because there's 1 tiny dent on the lug edge that bothers me a little bit, but I'm unsure which entity I trust to fix that: How will Rolex Service Center address that? Will they simply buff it out and sacrifice material in the pursuit? Or will they do some tiny laser welding and go from there?

Additionally to RSC, there are some amazing watch repair entities that really know what they're doing when it comes to reconstructing watch cases: 'zimmermanwatchrepair' and 'mikerolliworks'. Unfortunately they are no option for me as I'm not in the USA and I don't want to ship my watch anywhere. An option could be 'time_lab_milano' in Milan.

Yet, I don't require a full case reconstruction but I do really want to preserve the sharp lines and edges of my watch!

But when it comes to RSC, I do not know what to expect, nor will I know who will work on my watch other than 'RSC'.

Moreover -maybe it's just me and apologies for my melancholy- but I feel like true craftmanship and passion is dying out in most industries. How will I be sure not some rookie will work on my watch, thinking, 'just another Rolex in this materialistic world' - and it comes back all messed up -- ??

I do prefer RSC to do the complete overhaul (case and movement) and they can possibly swap out the bezel for one with fresh sharp teeth as well?

Please guys, I might sound obsessive but I want to avoid a disappointment. This watch is my only Rolex and I wear it passionate and humbled - I truly love it and won't ever sell it.

Thanks for your advices..
BlackBay is offline   Reply With Quote