The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 3 June 2022, 02:58 PM   #1
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Breitling Superocean Heritage or Grand Seiko GMT?

Hi everyone, I know this is apples and oranges but I just want to get some opinions from my fellow TRF folks on my next timepiece. I recently got a promotion at work and want to buy a new watch to celebrate, but the Rolex BLNR or VTNR I’m “on the list” for may not come in for quite some time (or ever), so in the interim I want to add a new piece to my collection from another brand. I’ve narrowed it down to a black bezel/dial Superocean Heritage 44 on the stainless mesh bracelet, or a Grand Seiko GMT (photos below). I have tried on a similar Breitling and loved the bracelet, but haven’t had a chance to try on the GS yet. Any thoughts on either are appreciated! I know they are very different pieces but similar price point and both readily available, so those are some of the factors I’ve thought about in narrowing down. That said, I’m also open to opinions of other pieces to consider!

My current, very modest collection of “nice” watches for reference:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 12:17 AM   #2
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Have multiple of both brands. My husband has the similar GS pictured but with the high beat movement. For me I would go with the GS. Just a far better brand. In my opinion.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 12:22 AM   #3
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Congratulations, Steve! This is a definite win-win situation based on preference. I'm a huge fan of both options, but if I was faced with the same one and didn't yet have a Breitling in the collection it's the direction I would go.

This is a good problem to have and in time in sure you'll settle on the one that's truly best for you!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 03:45 AM   #4
Carguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
Have multiple of both brands. My husband has the similar GS pictured but with the high beat movement. For me I would go with the GS. Just a far better brand. In my opinion.
Sweet thanks for the feedback! I do really like the smooth movement of the second hand on the GS’s. Looking forward to trying one on and seeing how I like the bracelet in person, but in pictures it’s a beautiful watch and I love the volcanic dial!
Old 4 June 2022, 03:48 AM   #5
Carguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Congratulations, Steve! This is a definite win-win situation based on preference. I'm a huge fan of both options, but if I was faced with the same one and didn't yet have a Breitling in the collection it's the direction I would go.

This is a good problem to have and in time in sure you'll settle on the one that's truly best for you!
Thanks Rommel! Definitely think I want to own both at some point but trying to figure out which to get first since after this next purchase I’ll be waiting for my Rolex GMT before I buy anything else, just in case I get “the call” I don’t want my watch fund to be too low from just buying both now lol.