The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 11 November 2013, 03:58 AM   #61
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Watches'n chocolates onea my favourite combo's.....

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 04:48 AM   #62
111forza
"TRF" Member

Here's a few rubbish phone pics i snapped (sorry no watches)

Glad i was able to meet up with you guys - Geert - Dan - Paul - USA Paul + Dave

Love the cat pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-11-08_21.57.14 (1).jpg (78.9 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-08_21.25.04.jpg (77.5 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-08_21.31.50.jpg (68.2 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-08_21.16.48.jpg (81.1 KB, 208 views)
111forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 06:39 AM   #63
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Evening All
What can I say, yet another corking GTG, we missed some of you regular guys and made new friends too. Great to see Paul again and thank you for the gift . I was impressed watching him taking a masterclass at watch making with the JLC team at Salon QP. If you ever let him fix your watch, dont pay him by the hour, it took in 45 minutes to put in 4 screws!!!! Must have been all the drinking and Cigar smoking from the night before causing the shakes.
A big Welcome to Kevin and Dave, always good to make new friends, and Kevin that 15300 looks so much better in the flesh, a truly smashing watch.
I have a few pics from the weekend, not too many. I also managed a shot of a nice Aston and cool number plate whilst sat in a traffic Jam near Parliment Sq this morning.

Apologies for the crap quality but the shots were taken on my Phone.

Bring on the next one in 2014, perhaps a Basel trip???

Here are some the usual suspects in the Phoenix Bar in Chelsea ( Dan, steve and Gabriel)

Here we are at the Dickens meeting up with Geert, Dan, Paul and Dave

Here is a shot of the Rolex Chocolates, They didnt stay around for long, naming no name !!!!!!
[/URL]

Here is a shot of someone on his way to work at Mi6 trying to keep a low profile as usual
[/URL]

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 07:45 AM   #64
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Sorry to have missed the festivities yesterday, just started a new job this week (Fraser Hart in Brent Cross) so I couldn't get any time off! I did get the chance to head into town today for an afternoon's watch-geekery with Geert - thanks for a fun time!
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 08:29 AM   #65
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex/JLC/panerai
Just home guys, thanks Chris for the brilliant afternoon of watch drooling
Always lovely to catch up with you mate and congratz again with the "new" job, it will be so much more interesting handling all these different brands! I am more then sure you'll do just fine mate!
We were so much involved with the watches.... that I almost missed my Eurostar train (only 10 minutes ).
We did try on some good timepieces, didn't we Chris?.... do post some of the pics you took of the watches today. (AP RULES the Volcano is wonderful - now I understand what my Swedish friend Thomas (TSW) is talking about )
Didn't take much photos, but will post them tomorrow
steveclocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 08:36 AM   #66
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

A couple of pieces that we saw today...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0583.jpg (90.9 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0581.jpg (142.0 KB, 191 views)
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 08:45 AM   #67
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GMT Master View Post
A couple of pieces that we saw today...
that was quick mate ! for the A. Lange
Old 11 November 2013, 09:07 PM   #68
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy gold..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH13GMT View Post
Evening All
What can I say, yet another corking GTG, we missed some of you regular guys and made new friends too. Great to see Paul again and thank you for the gift . I was impressed watching him taking a masterclass at watch making with the JLC team at Salon QP. If you ever let him fix your watch, dont pay him by the hour, it took in 45 minutes to put in 4 screws!!!! Must have been all the drinking and Cigar smoking from the night before causing the shakes.
A big Welcome to Kevin and Dave, always good to make new friends, and Kevin that 15300 looks so much better in the flesh, a truly smashing watch.
I have a few pics from the weekend, not too many. I also managed a shot of a nice Aston and cool number plate whilst sat in a traffic Jam near Parliment Sq this morning.

Apologies for the crap quality but the shots were taken on my Phone.

Bring on the next one in 2014, perhaps a Basel trip???

Here are some the usual suspects in the Phoenix Bar in Chelsea ( Dan, steve and Gabriel)

Here we are at the Dickens meeting up with Geert, Dan, Paul and Dave

Here is a shot of the Rolex Chocolates, They didnt stay around for long, naming no name !!!!!!
[/URL]

Here is a shot of someone on his way to work at Mi6 trying to keep a low profile as usual
[/URL]

Hey all

So sorry I missed this one!!!.. I have been ultra busy and really struggling to find any "me" time..

I'll be sure to keep in touch soon Looks like you all had a blast!

www.thewatchguyofficial.co.uk

Got a GREEN Submariner 116610LV.. Visit the official thread here! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=179580

Don't forget to visit the Rolex & Attire thread too! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=215077
thewatchguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 10:18 PM   #69
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Very nice gentleman Thank you all for sharing
Old 12 November 2013, 04:06 AM   #70
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Saterday evening
the Rolex chocolates Paul brought and our Rolexes

Dinner at the superb Indian restaurant
Someone had the biggest plate and the most spicy food....

On Sunday morning. It's Memorial Sunday so.... I went to the Cenothap.
As a Belgian I know what our British friends did for us during both Wars.
We will never forget. Today on the 11th I was at the local memorial Service in my hometown.

London

Old 15 November 2013, 03:32 AM   #71
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Good to catch up with old friends again - Dan, Steve, Paul and Geert.

My Red Sub appears to be famous!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2013, 03:58 AM   #72
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swearengen View Post

dont let them sell it without checking with you first

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2013, 09:15 AM   #73
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Quote:

How did that Picture of your red sub ended up there Gabriel?
Old 15 November 2013, 01:18 PM   #74
ayecarumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one I'm wearin
Icon14 For auld lang syne!

THANKS TO ALL (AGAIN!) for another great gtg...As usual, DAN (Spuds), thank you for your hospitality and putting up with our ever changing itinerary!

Sorry for being late with the pics, always a challenge when I finally sit down and have to figure out how to get 'em from my iphone, to my computer, then to a share site, then onto TRF (whew!). How do the rest of you make this look so easy?!

Dan, Paul, Geert, Kevin, Steve, and my friend Dave...good times! Good times! PAUL: CONGRATS again on the birth of your beautiful baby girl!

Now for my boring pics:

Ok, so we flew all the way from the USA to see some watches...BUT touring Churchill's war rooms was the highlight of our visit! I can't believe we got to drink a beer/toast, and pay homage to one of our personal heroes & an historical icon in the old war rooms canteen (now, conveniently a cafe for visitors!). Huzzah!

There's a clock and a bell in that building I hear!

[/url]

The Rolex boutique at Harrods (and the rest of their fine watch dept which is one of the BEST in the world!) had to put up with us for a few test drives...

Ahhh, someday my 18K white gold skydweller....someday.....

Mr buddy, Dave, fancied the 18k Yellow Gold Daytona....not too shabby!

So has anyone seen this Longines Avigation A-7? A re-issue of their 1937 piece: mono-pusher chrono AND column-wheel...Been eyeing this and may need to add to the stable. Hmmm, I could have 12+ Longines A-7s or 1 Skydweller....

Ok, ok! I can already hear Paul moaning about me wearing it on the inside of my wrist! Paul: At least this one was designed that way!

Then it was off to the Cigar Lounge at the Lanesborough Hotel. Let me just say that this was a superlative experience, thanks to the cigar sommelier, Neil, his awesome suggestions at cigar/cocktail pairings, and his fantastic service....Cheers mates! But get there quick before they close for remodel in DEC.

Now onto the Salon!

Paul: Just to be clear mate, it didn't take me an HOUR to remove 4 screws! It was more like 59 minutes! Besides, I was "pacing" myself so as not to embarrass anyone else who may wish to savor the experience! That plus I think I breathed onto my table and blew all those tiny parts to kingdom come.

"Cooperate to graduate!"

Seriously, anyone who attends SalonQP needs to inquire and do this class. It was loads of fun. Kudos to Jaeger-LeCoultre for putting on such a fine display and having such a class act. Their London boutique watchmaker, Richard, presents your certificate. Mine says "removed 4 screws in under 1 hour!"
PS- no cost, you're simply asked to make a donation to the Prince's Foundation if you wish.

All that horology was makin' me thirsty! Quick! To the Dickens Inn!
Geert, Paul (UK), Dan, Paul (US), & Dave. I should mention we stopped before this and had a pint with Kevin (sorry no pics) and his awesome AP Royal Oak.

Ok, so we know about the Rolex Chocolates...but still kinda cool!

Geert got some stylish JLC cufflinks to go with his beautiful Reverso...

And now UK Paul has a Rolex notepad to add up the costs of an Oyster+Submariner+Kobold+etc...ha ha!

And now, for the man who has everything, a Rolex pen-knife to go with that Range Rover!

Well gents, we're going to try hard to make this an annual "man-cation" going forward. Can't tell you enough how much we appreciate the hospitality and generosity of our TRF friends from the UK. Another great GTG...Thanks to all and hope to see you again soon!

Best wishes to all!

Paul "Aye Carumba"

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time." --Edward Fitzgerald
ayecarumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2013, 09:22 PM   #75
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Geert,
I was crass enough to ask the Watch Finders guys for a valuation on my Red Sub. They liked it so much they asked for a photo; hence you see it on FB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveclocks View Post
How did that Picture of your red sub ended up there Gabriel?

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2013, 02:54 AM   #76
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Geert,
I was crass enough to ask the Watch Finders guys for a valuation on my Red Sub. They liked it so much they asked for a photo; hence you see it on FB.
that's marvellous Gabriel
Very nice photograph too I must admit. You should ask rent for it
Old 21 November 2013, 01:30 AM   #77
Reu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayecarumba View Post
THANKS TO ALL (AGAIN!) for another great gtg...As usual, DAN (Spuds), thank you for your hospitality and putting up with our ever changing itinerary!

Sorry for being late with the pics, always a challenge when I finally sit down and have to figure out how to get 'em from my iphone, to my computer, then to a share site, then onto TRF (whew!). How do the rest of you make this look so easy?!

Dan, Paul, Geert, Kevin, Steve, and my friend Dave...good times! Good times! PAUL: CONGRATS again on the birth of your beautiful baby girl!

Now for my boring pics:

Ok, so we flew all the way from the USA to see some watches...BUT touring Churchill's war rooms was the highlight of our visit! I can't believe we got to drink a beer/toast, and pay homage to one of our personal heroes & an historical icon in the old war rooms canteen (now, conveniently a cafe for visitors!). Huzzah!

There's a clock and a bell in that building I hear!

[/url]

The Rolex boutique at Harrods (and the rest of their fine watch dept which is one of the BEST in the world!) had to put up with us for a few test drives...

Ahhh, someday my 18K white gold skydweller....someday.....

Mr buddy, Dave, fancied the 18k Yellow Gold Daytona....not too shabby!

So has anyone seen this Longines Avigation A-7? A re-issue of their 1937 piece: mono-pusher chrono AND column-wheel...Been eyeing this and may need to add to the stable. Hmmm, I could have 12+ Longines A-7s or 1 Skydweller....

Ok, ok! I can already hear Paul moaning about me wearing it on the inside of my wrist! Paul: At least this one was designed that way!

Then it was off to the Cigar Lounge at the Lanesborough Hotel. Let me just say that this was a superlative experience, thanks to the cigar sommelier, Neil, his awesome suggestions at cigar/cocktail pairings, and his fantastic service....Cheers mates! But get there quick before they close for remodel in DEC.

Now onto the Salon!

Paul: Just to be clear mate, it didn't take me an HOUR to remove 4 screws! It was more like 59 minutes! Besides, I was "pacing" myself so as not to embarrass anyone else who may wish to savor the experience! That plus I think I breathed onto my table and blew all those tiny parts to kingdom come.

"Cooperate to graduate!"

Seriously, anyone who attends SalonQP needs to inquire and do this class. It was loads of fun. Kudos to Jaeger-LeCoultre for putting on such a fine display and having such a class act. Their London boutique watchmaker, Richard, presents your certificate. Mine says "removed 4 screws in under 1 hour!"
PS- no cost, you're simply asked to make a donation to the Prince's Foundation if you wish.

All that horology was makin' me thirsty! Quick! To the Dickens Inn!
Geert, Paul (UK), Dan, Paul (US), & Dave. I should mention we stopped before this and had a pint with Kevin (sorry no pics) and his awesome AP Royal Oak.

Ok, so we know about the Rolex Chocolates...but still kinda cool!

Geert got some stylish JLC cufflinks to go with his beautiful Reverso...

And now UK Paul has a Rolex notepad to add up the costs of an Oyster+Submariner+Kobold+etc...ha ha!

And now, for the man who has everything, a Rolex pen-knife to go with that Range Rover!

Well gents, we're going to try hard to make this an annual "man-cation" going forward. Can't tell you enough how much we appreciate the hospitality and generosity of our TRF friends from the UK. Another great GTG...Thanks to all and hope to see you again soon!

Best wishes to all!

Paul "Aye Carumba"
Looks like you two had a really great and fun time!

Reu is offline   Reply With Quote