The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 20 October 2020, 09:41 AM   #31
sambb
"TRF" Member

i can afford to lose the timepiece, and it wasnt a rare rolex. But what bothers me is that it makes the material aspect of the hobby so much less fun. I worked hard for that watch, and i got it last year as a gift to myself. I will get over it, but for some reason, i dont want the same watch again. I want the one back that was the first one i had.

I dont know, i just feel a little empty about it. It makes the hobby less fun. I cant really explain why. Im not sure i can put it in words.

Anyway, i think im just going to try to secure my stuff better. It makes me sick to have the box and papers and no watch.
sambb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 02:18 PM   #32
motoikkyu
2024 Pledge Member

A terrible feeling, that violation of being robbed. Stranger or acquaintance, the mourning for the lost piece is the same. Yes, and the unfairness -you worked for that watch, now some low-life gets to sell it for $20 and buy cannabis. You'll be thinking about your watch LONG after the miserable thief has forgotten it. I have no meaningful advice, in the past I've tried mustering sympathy for the offender, who has to wake up every day being who they are, while I get to be me (not very effective), being grateful for all the great things in my life (slightly more effective), and trying to absorb the lesson about attachment to possessions (personally significant, but doesn't make you feel better).
Old 20 October 2020, 07:34 PM   #33
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I don’t get it.

You know who did it.

Get the watch back.

What’s the problem? Am I missing something.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 07:42 PM   #34
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I don’t get it.

You know who did it.

Get the watch back.

Agreed.

If you care to can you please explain the circumstances of how you know who specifically took your watch and why this hasn’t been resolved through a police report. Even if the thief has already pawned or sold it there is still an opportunity to recover it. A little less reaction and more action appears to be needed here. Instead of allowing this to ruin your joy in watch collecting I would be doing everything in my power to ruin her joy in watch stealing.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 02:55 AM   #35
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
I don’t get it.

You know who did it.

Get the watch back.

No I don't think you're missing anything. I think maybe the OP is missing proof but hasn't said this. Only explanation I can think of. Otherwise I'd have it back already.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 03:01 AM   #36
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
I don’t get it.

You know who did it.

Get the watch back.

X2

I’d be confronting the thief regardless of who they are.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 09:34 AM   #37
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
damn that is frustrating. i know more than well how you feel. more than well. had a lot of expensive baseball cards stolen from me long ago from supposed "friends". and unfortunately have other anecdotes.
are you able to inquire about who may have done it and track it down ? i'm curious about the watch itself but don't want to pry.
regardless, the community here shares your pain and hope it doesn't ruin this great hobby for you
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 12:39 PM   #38
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Probably worth bringing the police in if you want any chance at getting it back.

We thought my wife lost her engagement ring when she was 8 months pregnant with our second child. Rings were getting tight and she would take them off in our bathroom or put them on the nightstand to sleep. They went missing and she assumed our 18 month old grabbed them and lost them. Searched high and low for days and even paid our nanny extra to watch our daughter so we could search.

Few days later our nanny started calling in sick and finally my wife found her Facebook where she commented she was moving to GA without telling us. Called the police even though we didn’t have any real proof. The OC sheriffs were awesome and put a detective on her night and day. Finally cornered her and she confessed to stealing and pawning it. Pawn shop even replaced the diamond with a lesser quality one but we had the GIA cert with serial number. Both the nanny and pawn shop got convicted of felonies.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 12:40 PM   #39
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
Probably worth bringing the police in if you want any chance at getting it back.

We thought my wife lost her engagement ring when she was 8 months pregnant with our second child. Rings were getting tight and she would take them off in our bathroom or put them on the nightstand to sleep. They went missing and she assumed our 18 month old grabbed them and lost them. Searched high and low for days and even paid our nanny extra to watch our daughter so we could search.

Few days later our nanny started calling in sick and finally my wife found her Facebook where she commented she was moving to GA without telling us. Called the police even though we didn’t have any real proof. The OC sheriffs were awesome and put a detective on her night and day. Finally cornered her and she confessed to stealing and pawning it. Pawn shop even replaced the diamond with a lesser quality one but we had the GIA cert with serial number. Both the nanny and pawn shop got convicted of felonies.
Wow that is insane! Glad that they got caught and justice was served...
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 12:48 PM   #40
hundreds
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t get it.

You know who did it.

Get the watch back.

Agreed. I don't understand...
hundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 10:16 AM   #41
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRidden View Post
Jewellers Mutual available for US and Canadian residents only ; covers pretty much any kind of theft (international too) so you’d get immediately replaced or refunded. Costs 1% of the value of the watch per year.

Sorry to hear your predicament but life goes on and another paycheque will come in; the best we can do is to make sure the emotional damage of the loss doesn’t spread to things like relationships and to never let this type of loss happen again.

Make a report ASAP to Rolex so the watch will forever be on a stolen watch list.

All the best!
thanks I just inquired with them. Did you file a claim with them yet (hopefully not)?
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 03:22 PM   #42
Sinanamus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Being robbed is so violating. I feel for you my man. I got everything I owned robbed from me about a decade ago and it made me sick to my stomach, still does to think about that moment when I walked into my apartment.

Now, let's learn from these mistakes, get insurance, and keep excess watches in a safe or better yet, safety deposit box. Keep a couple watches at home and the rest in the safety deposit box or get a decent safe for the home. I wouldn't want more than 50k in watches in my house no matter how nice my safe is though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sinanamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 04:22 PM   #43
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

Yeah, times are bad and we have to be even more mindful about the belongings. Thanks OP for sharing the news. Hope you will get back your lost.
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote