The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 June 2019, 10:23 PM   #1
Bdiesel570
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Help on new piece

I have owned a few Rolex in the past, BLNR, SubC , and the SubC no date.

Currently I am a 1 watch guy. IWC Big Pilot 5004.

I am debating on a CHNR, Vacheron Constantin overseas Dual Time(blue face) or the Yachtmaster rose gold on oysterflex

Sell me people!
Bdiesel570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 11:04 PM   #2
jkesquire
"TRF" Member

If it were me, I would probably go with the rose gold YM on the oysterflex (especially with summer basically here), but that decision would be a tough one. I love the VC dual time and that blue is for sure the color I would choose. It is a stunning blue in person. I personally am not a HUGE fan of the CHNR, but in no way am I saying that it isn't a wonderful piece. At the end of the day, do you want to add precious metal, or add a steel piece made by a top tier company (and stand out a bit)?
jkesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 11:07 PM   #3
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
You are going to hear "get the one that you want" because that is what it comes down to: what Bruce wants, not Jonathan, Mike, Bill, Steve, or Javier. It is easy for us to spend other people's money on our subjective opinions.

However, I own a Big Pilot as well (5002) and if that was my ONE watch and I wanted to pair it with something else for the rotation, what would I get?

I love the YM on the OF bracelet, however since the BP is a strap watch, I would forgo that option. I would want a bracelet.

The VC is a great piece and I love the integrated bracelet and the blue. However, I think the dial is a tad too busy with the AM/PM register and the date register as well.

So, I would go for the the CHNR. It is a classy looking watch and a stunner in person. It has the dual time that you were attracted to in the VC, and it comes with a bracelet which the YM did not. It can be dressed up (which is often hard for the BP) and down pretty easy if you check out some of the GMT threads on here. For my money, I am going CHNR.

But like I said, that is Jonathan's opinion on his tastes and preferences. Good luck in your search and let us know what you end up with because all are great pieces in their own right.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 11:28 PM   #4
Bdiesel570
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHantz View Post
You are going to hear "get the one that you want" because that is what it comes down to: what Bruce wants, not Jonathan, Mike, Bill, Steve, or Javier. It is easy for us to spend other people's money on our subjective opinions.

However, I own a Big Pilot as well (5002) and if that was my ONE watch and I wanted to pair it with something else for the rotation, what would I get?

I love the YM on the OF bracelet, however since the BP is a strap watch, I would forgo that option. I would want a bracelet.

The VC is a great piece and I love the integrated bracelet and the blue. However, I think the dial is a tad too busy with the AM/PM register and the date register as well.

So, I would go for the the CHNR. It is a classy looking watch and a stunner in person. It has the dual time that you were attracted to in the VC, and it comes with a bracelet which the YM did not. It can be dressed up (which is often hard for the BP) and down pretty easy if you check out some of the GMT threads on here. For my money, I am going CHNR.

But like I said, that is Jonathan's opinion on his tastes and preferences. Good luck in your search and let us know what you end up with because all are great pieces in their own right.

Ya I figured some would say go with what you want and likely that will happen but I want all 3! I was also thinking of the strap issues, I think I might want a band. A full PM is out of my budget. So we will see what everyone says!

Thanks for the input. The CHNR sure is a. beauty...but so is the yachtmaster...and that blue dial of the VC. Omg.
Old 10 June 2019, 11:32 PM   #5
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Would take the new YM in WG OF. Think that it's more versatile than the RG for a one watch collection.

Not a bad problem to chose among those three
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 11:54 PM   #6
Bdiesel570
"TRF" Member

The VC 4500V/110A-B128 is pretty nice to. Not as busy as the dual time.