The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 February 2021, 11:48 PM   #31
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
He looked tired on TV Sunday afternoon - he was interviewed during his tourney in LA. He's recovering from back surgery too. Cops say he was traveling at a high rate of speed and lost control. Not good.
I said the same thing to myself when I saw him on Sunday. He did look tired indeed. It's gotta be tough on anyone to do what he does for so long. Even the staying in shape part is hard enough. Add all the media and attention, it's gotta be exhausting.
aczaja10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 11:54 PM   #32
drfrankenstein
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aczaja10 View Post
I said the same thing to myself when I saw him on Sunday. He did look tired indeed. It's gotta be tough on anyone to do what he does for so long. Even the staying in shape part is hard enough. Add all the media and attention, it's gotta be exhausting.
I think by "tired" you mean "zooted." Dude has a history of a pill problem and just had his 5th or 6th back surgery. Not a stretch that was doped on opiates and crashed his car.
drfrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 12:01 AM   #33
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
IBTL. So sad to see people here taking cheap shots like this.

These threads often go south.

The man was in an accident and could’ve died... let’s not forget he’s a dad.

He’s a celebrity ... so I guess that makes it open season.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 12:02 AM   #34
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrankenstein View Post
I think by "tired" you mean "zooted." Dude has a history of a pill problem and just had his 5th or 6th back surgery. Not a stretch that was doped on opiates and crashed his car.
Sometimes I forget how fun it is to spread rumors about people I don't know.
Kinda like high school and the 'mean girls'.
Old 25 February 2021, 12:05 AM   #35
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Sometimes I forget how fun it is to spread rumors about people I don't know.
Kinda like high school and the 'mean girls'.
Exactly. I meant to quote the kid above
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 12:14 AM   #36
3 Putt
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post
Ben Hogan went on to win 12 PGA tournaments including 6 majors after his near fatal head on car accident in 1949. It's possible.
I suppose it is possible. But Hogan was about a decade younger and had less total competition (and I stress total competition) than exists on the PGA tour today. Not to mention all the back and knee surgeries Tiger has had previously.

I have never been a Tiger fan for many reasons, but he undoubtedly elevated the game of golf in every way. More than anybody before or since. It is a shame that his career could end under these conditions.
Old 25 February 2021, 12:16 AM   #37
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 01:23 AM   #38
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Might very well be a case of driving too fast at the wrong place, wrong time. We're all guilty of it......there but for the grace of God......

Wishing Tiger a full & speedy recovery.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 03:16 AM   #39
swils8610

His best days of golf are behind him. He’s had many back injuries and what not. This accident won’t help the situation. Thankfully he’s going to be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 03:34 AM   #40
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Love the guy and hope he makes a recovery PERIOD, golf or not!

Be interesting when they pull data from the cars computer and phone records to see if he was distracted, but the evidence at scene will tell the story enough.

I hope he wasn't impaired because with ride sharing so cheap and available DUI's should be non-existent!
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 03:42 AM   #41
Jackie Daytona

Watch: 16750
Not a huge fan of his personally, but you hate to see this happen to anyone, especially someone who relies on their physical form for income. I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.
Old 25 February 2021, 04:26 AM   #42
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

He lives about 4 miles from me here in Florida. I guess it will be a while before he is released from the hospital and able to come home.

I'm sure he will need 24/7 help for a while also. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 10:10 AM   #43
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Might very well be a case of driving too fast at the wrong place, wrong time. We're all guilty of it......there but for the grace of God......

Wishing Tiger a full & speedy recovery.
dP

Speed could play a role - but we should all await the outcome of the crash investigation before conclusions.

I saw the surgeons work was extensive.

Let’s remember he was driving a loaner from the event sponsors - even an under inflated tire at speed can compromise car control.

BTW, if anyone wants to send him a treat while recovering (and likely not loving the hospital fare), a partially eaten bag of these was in the front seat.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 10:22 AM   #44
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT009 View Post
Love the guy and hope he makes a recovery PERIOD, golf or not!

Be interesting when they pull data from the cars computer and phone records to see if he was distracted, but the evidence at scene will tell the story enough.

I hope he wasn't impaired because with ride sharing so cheap and available DUI's should be non-existent!
Maybe because of his celebrity status they’ll look a little deeper but my agency wouldn’t normally pull a box or subpoena phone records for a one car with injured operator only. If he didn’t willing allow a search of his phone that would be the end of that. His insurance company might look into it further but that’s on them.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 10:36 AM   #45
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-710 View Post
Maybe because of his celebrity status they’ll look a little deeper but my agency wouldn’t normally pull a box or subpoena phone records for a one car with injured operator only. If he didn’t willing allow a search of his phone that would be the end of that. His insurance company might look into it further but that’s on them.

The Sheriff stated in an interview with CNBC that results show no impairments (I’m guessing blood tests plus first responder observations), and no charges would be levied in his county for a single car accident.

The accident investigator leading the effort was that first officer on scene and happened to be the one who extricated Woods from the vehicle through the windshield. Time will only tell if he’s going for a search warrant for the black box and cellphone records.

Old 25 February 2021, 10:38 AM   #46
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Wishing Tiger a speedy recovery. I hope he is able to return to golf one day, Hogan did it. If anyone can it's Tiger.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 11:38 AM   #47
Paul7
Banned

A shame, that can't do his bad back any favors. Spinal fusion rarely turns out well to begin with. On top of the numerous fractures he must have a lot of ligament damage he doesn't even know about now. I'd be shocked if he ever returned to competitive golf.
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 12:13 PM   #48
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
- but we should all await the outcome of the crash investigation before conclusions.
You do realize this is 2021 and the internet, right?
Old 25 February 2021, 12:51 PM   #49
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-710 View Post
True, mine would request the data, thats just part of a thorough investigation.. If he wasn't impaired, we wouldnt go after his phone. All good, glad no one else was injured, that would change a lot.
Old 25 February 2021, 02:02 PM   #50
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
You do realize this is 2021 and the internet, right?

Good point - optimistic that TRF’ers are a breed above, though.

Old 25 February 2021, 06:19 PM   #51
riverline3
Banned

Wishing him all the best and a speedy recovery
riverline3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 11:17 PM   #52
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Big fan of Tiger. I watched the 2019 Masters too many times.

Did anyone see Max Homa speak after his win on Sunday? That is Tiger’s impact.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 12:21 AM   #53
cruise_bone
"TRF" Member

I've never liked Tiger but have softened up after seeing him play with his son Charlie, who has a better swing than he does.

But even though I don't like him, work came to a stop when I heard of the accident and I was glued to the TV the remainder of Tuesday, hoping for only the best. I wish him a speedy recovery.

With that said, he is lucky to be alive, and lucky not to have lost a limb. The compound fracture(s) are obviously terrible, but it's the communited fracture and crushed ankle that will end his career.

BTW, accidents don't just happen, especially at 7:00am on a bright sunny day with no other cars around you. Wonder if the car's black box will indicate any braking before the vehicle came to a stop. The police news conference seemed to suggest no braking/skid marks but with modern brakes, I'm not sure there would be skid marks.
How did this happen? Was he on the phone to someone back on the east coast (10:00am) or someone at the Shoot that he was going to be very late for?
Was he possibly on pills for recent back surgery? He looked out of it on the CBS broadcast just the day before.

Sad situation all around. Hope he gets well quick, for his kids sake at least. Golf should be at the bottom of his priority list at this point.
cruise_bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 04:33 AM   #54
swils8610

Could have been texting. At the rate of speed he was going, he could have simply lost control.

swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 05:19 AM   #55
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
I've never liked Tiger but have softened up after seeing him play with his son Charlie, who has a better swing than he does.

But even though I don't like him, work came to a stop when I heard of the accident and I was glued to the TV the remainder of Tuesday, hoping for only the best. I wish him a speedy recovery.

With that said, he is lucky to be alive, and lucky not to have lost a limb. The compound fracture(s) are obviously terrible, but it's the communited fracture and crushed ankle that will end his career.

BTW, accidents don't just happen, especially at 7:00am on a bright sunny day with no other cars around you. Wonder if the car's black box will indicate any braking before the vehicle came to a stop. The police news conference seemed to suggest no braking/skid marks but with modern brakes, I'm not sure there would be skid marks.
How did this happen? Was he on the phone to someone back on the east coast (10:00am) or someone at the Shoot that he was going to be very late for?
Was he possibly on pills for recent back surgery? He looked out of it on the CBS broadcast just the day before.

Sad situation all around. Hope he gets well quick, for his kids sake at least. Golf should be at the bottom of his priority list at this point.
The blackbox will tell you anything and everything you want to know to conduct a traffic collision accident.
Old 26 February 2021, 05:23 AM   #56
CashGap
"TRF" Member

I'm fairly clueless about golf, but not under enough rocks to be unaware of Tiger Woods.

I hope his recovery is full and speedy.

=======

That said... with an estimated net worth of $800 million, who would EVER drive a car???

If mine gets to 1/10th that... a half million a year (1/10th of investment earnings on $80mm NW) would provide an around the clock team of professional, presentable drivers. I'll bet they could even have my Diet Coke at 33 degrees and my Americano at 205 each time I walked up to the car.
CashGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 09:11 AM   #57
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
There was a video from the dash of the car traveling the accident route. He went off the road between two median "islands".

Watching the dash cam footage, I could understand how he might have followed the paved road right across the lane and into the brush if he wasn't paying close attention when the curb on his left side disappeared.
Old 26 February 2021, 09:27 AM   #58
bremersm
Banned

I wish him a recovery that allows him to enjoy is kids and family. Golf should be and likely is the furthest thing from his mind at this time.
bremersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 01:23 AM   #59
cruise_bone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
There was a video from the dash of the car traveling the accident route. He went off the road between two median "islands".

Watching the dash cam footage, I could understand how he might have followed the paved road right across the lane and into the brush if he wasn't paying close attention when the curb on his left side disappeared.
I don't think this is accurate as he completely took out a large sign in the middle of the median. Post a link to that footage please, as I suspect it is NOT the footage from Woods' car.
cruise_bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 02:30 AM   #60
77T

Tiger Woods in a serious car accident in LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
The police news conference seemed to suggest no braking/skid marks but with modern brakes, I'm not sure there would be skid marks.
How did this happen?

When anti-lock brakes work well in a straight line there won’t be the long dark skid marks we see when one or more wheels locks up. But ABS does leave scuffs - sometimes looking like dotted line, other times like a scrub (especially in a curve).

And when a car yaws and slides uncontrollably, even with no braking, the tires leave spaghetti when they slide sideways...

So don’t think we’ll ever know how this happened - nor do I believe we should as long as his blood samples came back clean.

It’s an incident that hurt nobody but the driver.