The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 20 May 2016, 01:36 AM   #91
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Something wrong with taking information at face value? Are we’re supposed to be suspicious of everything ever said, by anyone?
Who benefits from exaggerating Patek’s production output? If no-one, then why bother in the first place?
Moreover, who’s to say the clients haven’t been informed by very senior personnel, and the info has been revealed during the course of a general chit chat.

Remember, it was 54K 3 years ago, and that shortly after they took QC internal rather than have independently done by the Geneva Seal.
Was it a cost saving exercise or more a case of increasing production without anyone knowing exactly by how much?
Well if you want to take at face value then why not take what Thierry Stern states are the official production numbers versus third hand hearsay!!! He stated in 2014 that it was 55000

lots has been discussed in the Geneva seal and PP seal on this forum. I think 2 conspiracies in one post!! So basically the suspicion you mention lies in your post about the production numbers and then the seal....
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 01:57 AM   #92
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Ha you understand the very clever nuances used!!!
LOL well it is quite logical in fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Remember, it was 54K 3 years ago, and that shortly after they took QC internal rather than have independently done by the Geneva Seal.
Was it a cost saving exercise or more a case of increasing production without anyone knowing exactly by how much?
Good point PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewitte View Post
This also explains (in my mind) the other comments that the 5711 'will be in very high demand' at the end of the year.. It's probably the last chance to get one before the price doubles to $40k.

And yes, at 40k I think people will still easily buy it. A 'standard' 3700 from 1978 just sold at auction for $100k this week.. the demand is there
40k for a time and date SS watch? wow maybe in ten years sure, but they can't put a huge increase like this, they need to do it slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
Dewitte, what recent price increase are you referring to? Prices were reduced in the US, a major market. There hasn't been an increase in quite awhile and comparing vintage prices and current production pricing isn't the same thing.
Well there has been a serious increase in the european market, but as I understood a decrease in the rest of the world. When I got my 5712, 2 years ago, the retail was 27.200 euros, now it is more than 30, 30.200 if I am not mistaken, I am getting mine in CHF but I think I remember the salon telling me 30.200 euros, and as far as I know all the Patek models were hit, can seem strange that they would increase prices in one market and decrease in the others, but again as I understood the price discrepancies were so big between the EU and the rest of the world, and with the euro going down from 1.50 USD, more or less, to basically 1.25 when they changed the prices, they had to do something or keeping the same prices as before would have put many Patek Ad's out of business, as people would have preferred to come in Europe to buy them.

I just googled prices for the 5712, and found this, hard to believe that a little over 10 years ago a 3712 was selling for 16.5 thousand euros, which basically gives us a little less than a 10% yearly growth, except if the watch quote made a mistake that is quite amazing, and clearly the Nautilus are a very good investment, the one I got 2 years ago sealed for 25.600 euros is clearly cheap compared to the retail it has now, even when you add the inflation of the EU, 2-3% officially, in reality more like 7-8%

http://www.thewatchquote.com/Patek-P...-acier-PdN.htm
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 02:16 AM   #93
martinr
"TRF" Member

Lapince what exactly are you trying to say? Are you agreeing with PJ and Dewitte? As usual you quote me but leave out half of what I've said and again refer to the 5712, a watch you say you once owned, sold, and now are supposedly buying again. Previously you've said are buying two Pateks but wouldn't say which two, you've actually stated maybe it isn't a 5712. So why don't you just be clear with us, are you buying two Pateks, did you order them from an AD in Davos, and what are they? Simple enough to answer and I don't think your lack of understanding and speaking in English should prevent you from answering the question.
martinr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2016, 03:09 AM   #94
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lapince what exactly are you trying to say? Are you agreeing with PJ and Dewitte? As usual you quote me but leave out half of what I've said and again refer to the 5712, a watch you say you once owned, sold, and now are supposedly buying again. Previously you've said are buying two Pateks but wouldn't say which two, you've actually stated maybe it isn't a 5712. So why don't you just be clear with us, are you buying two Pateks, did you order them from an AD in Davos, and what are they? Simple enough to answer and I don't think your lack of understanding and speaking in English should prevent you from answering the question.
WOW, Martin, please don't try to think what I am trying to say anything except what I am saying, you said "Prices were reduced in the US, a major market. There hasn't been an increase in quite awhile" I was just saying what I said about the prices and increases, that is all, I don't see where I would be agreeing with PJ when he was talking about production quantity and not prices, I also clearly answered to Dewitt and I was not agreeing with him, I quoted only the part about the price increase since I just talked about this, why are you so defensive, I am not in any way attacking you, this is a friendly forum and I never in any way attack anyone here, I never see any interest in attacking people, as was said in another thread this is a friendly discussion, nothing more.

About the Pateks why should I reveal anything? I will just say this, I ordered 2, 1 is going to be delivered in the end of July for sure, I got confirmation 2 days ago, the second one in October in theory, I really don't understand why I should justify myself to anyone here when most members keep total secrecy until the moment they have it, I like to get the advice of members so I did a few threads, since you read them it is very simple to understand the 2 I am receiving, and you will have confirmation when I get them, incredible that with my incoming history on the forum, I should justify anything and that some members could believe that I would be lying or something, I sold my 5712 6 months ago for investment purposes, I have ordered 2 Pateks, with downpayment, easy enough to guess which ones, but please if some continue to believe that maybe I am lying fine by me, they will see in due time that they were wrong, and I am really tired of this so I will not respond to any more questions or comments on the subject, I love when there is a comment which is new and funny about this, but when it is not new or funny like my mother always told me "the best jokes are the shortest ones" (shortest in fact meaning the ones you don't repeat 100 times). Have a nice evening Martin
Old 20 May 2016, 03:34 AM   #95
martinr
"TRF" Member

I still don't know what you're talking about Lapince. Look up the word obfuscation. Just for fun, since we told you yesterday about AD's letting customers see other peoples watches before picking them up and you said you'd call your AD and tell him to keep yours sealed, why don't you post pictures of yours still sealed, just for fun like I said.
Old 20 May 2016, 03:46 AM   #96
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I still don't know what you're talking about Lapince. Look up the word obfuscation. Just for fun, since we told you yesterday about AD's letting customers see other peoples watches before picking them up and you said you'd call your AD and tell him to keep yours sealed, why don't you post pictures of yours still sealed, just for fun like I said.
IT'S ARRIVING IN JULY, am I speaking chinese?
I wrote him an email asking him not to unseal it when he will get it as I want to unseal it myself, for the first time since I left the US 29 years ago, I wonder if I am speaking english or another language when communicating with you, really...
Old 20 May 2016, 03:55 AM   #97
martinr
"TRF" Member

All I said is when it arrives post a picture of it sealed. That's not Chinese either. Did you look up obfuscation?
Old 20 May 2016, 04:07 AM   #98
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
All I said is when it arrives post a picture of it sealed. That's not Chinese either. Did you look up obfuscation?
I just did and yes it is exactly this, but really unintentionally on my behalf, I really don't understand why it is like this as usually english speaking people understand me, thanks for learning me a new word :thumbs: it is a very interesting one for sure

Martin, you said that I should ask my dealer to make a picture and post it, and from what I understood you were implying now, in any case from the moment he gets it to the moment I go in Switzerland to get it there will be only a few days, not 6 months plus there will be a double wrist pic since I am going with another Nautilus owner, my friend de66 who has a 5726, should be much more interesting pictures than just a sealed ..... I don't remember which model I am getting

Old 20 May 2016, 04:26 AM   #99
martinr
"TRF" Member

Lapince, I didn't ask you to ask your dealer to make a picture.
Old 20 May 2016, 04:46 AM   #100
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lapince, I didn't ask you to ask your dealer to make a picture.
Another clear case of obfuscation sorry I got it wrong Of course there will be the usual sealed, seal cutting, sizing and wrist shots
Old 21 May 2016, 02:32 AM   #101
@tsw@
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nut
hey lapnice....

there's a tinge of racism.

Shouldn't this be about talking watches??

Races shouldn't matter.
@tsw@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 03:24 AM   #102
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tsw@ View Post
hey lapnice....

Races shouldn't matter.
That's a bit ridiculous...it's a colloquialism!!!
Old 21 May 2016, 03:36 AM   #103
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
hey lapnice....

Races shouldn't matter.
You're joking right? First I think that we are totally the same race Martin and I, so it wouldn't be racism, xenophobia at best, but talking about "english speaking people", in no negative way at all, and calling it xenophobia would really be stupid, sorry...
Just read the posts, when I express myself he very often doesn't understand me, and I also very often don't understand him

And yes I agree this should be about watches, on this you are totally right, but racism here? Never saw the slightest bit in 3 years...
Old 21 May 2016, 03:57 AM   #104
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
New Nautilus line soon?

Quote:
hey lapnice....

Races shouldn't matter.

With your 7comments you may can stay read only for a while ,an other thing if name someone please use the first letter capital otherwise it looks offense.
Thank you.

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 04:01 AM   #105
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
hey lapnice....

Races shouldn't matter.
You do 1 post a year and you waste your 2016 quota with this?
Old 21 May 2016, 04:48 AM   #106
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
With your 7comments you may can stay read only for a while ,an other thing if name someone please use the first letter capital otherwise it looks offense.
Thank you.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
You do 1 post a year and you waste your 2016 quota with this?
Re LOL
Old 21 May 2016, 08:22 AM   #107
de66
"TRF" Member

Sorry for spoiling the fun and getting back on topic kids:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboema Sesetokoe View Post
John is right, no new Nautilus and no 40-year event.

I was in the Patek Salon in Geneva last week, they confirmed there will be no Nautilus event and no new model. I was surprised and asked it a few times in different ways, but the answer was loud an clear: NO.
I was there before your last visit and they seemed to think otherwise. Granted, this was before the special event with the Sterns after Baselworld but one of the attendees said not much about the nautilus anniversary was disclosed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Interesting...I can only hope they didn't want to reveal anything.
I think so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex368 View Post
Funny enough then that there is an AD who already announced in a magazine ad that there will be a 40th anniversary model in autumn.
Exactly, the above mentioned information does not seem to have filtered through to all dealers.

Perhaps Patek was reading this thread and looked up "obfuscation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
I don't think Patek will introduce a Platinum Nautilus as a regular model, although I think it is possible to produce a LE 40th Anniversary version. As the 5711/1P retailed in the $90K+ USD range and the 5980/1R is retailing in the $80K+ USD range, hypothetically if they released a 5980/1P, it woud probably retail in the $120K+ USD range as a LE version.

I think a PC Nautilus is definitely possible. Patek has made PCs in tonneau-shaped cases for quite a while and it would not be impossible to produce one in a Nautilus case.

I still feel they will revise the 5711/1A and modify the dial and/or case and introduce a new reference number. But let's see what they introduce later this year.
I think these speculations are not unlikely, I also throw in the possibility of a blue dial 5726...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Can't wait for these anniversary models.
me too! I definitely think something will come up.
de66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 08:52 AM   #108
Peterandwatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167/15400/Sub/JLC
Ha, why does every thread turn into the Trial of lapince?
Peterandwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 09:09 AM   #109
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterandwatches View Post
Ha, why does every thread turn into the Trial of lapince?
Yeah was wondering also, seems some people can't stand me, I must really be a horrible person

Old 21 May 2016, 09:29 AM   #110
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I like you and enjoy your linguistic and horological exploits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Yeah was wondering also, seems some people can't stand me, I must really be a horrible person

locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 10:23 AM   #111
malarky_hk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Lapince just keep on posting and expressing your thoughts and opinions - this is meant to be a open and friendly forum to do so.
malarky_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 10:32 AM   #112
benzng
"TRF" Member

guys, let's get back to the thread. any date yet for the announcement? October perhaps?
benzng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 11:13 AM   #113
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Maybe we should invite Donald Trump on here, there's be less antagonism for certain.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 12:35 PM   #114
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
I like you and enjoy your linguistic and horological exploits.
Thanks John really appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarky_hk View Post
Lapince just keep on posting and expressing your thoughts and opinions - this is meant to be a open and friendly forum to do so.
Thanks Mark, will do so my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Maybe we should invite Donald Trump on here, there's be less antagonism for certain.
Now that should be really fun, can't seem to make out if he is a little to totally nuts, or if the media is picking on him because he speaks a little too freely, and take some of what he says out of context, but good or bad guy, he's certainly interesting and very entertaining
Old 21 May 2016, 01:54 PM   #115
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by de66 View Post
Perhaps Patek was reading this thread and looked up "obfuscation"

I think these speculations are not unlikely, I also throw in the possibility of a blue dial 5726...

me too! I definitely think something will come up.
LOL my friend :thumbs: Interesting word for sure, didn't know it, and never have, even when I spoke much better english but that was 30 years ago, since I left the US and especially started to learn seriously russian, english level really dropped, spanish also, and don't really care trying to get them back up, english is enough, spanish not anymore, used to be able to have a normal basic conversation, not anymore, but I never have the opportunity to use it, if I move to South America, or Florida, unlikely, I would practice and take lessons, it usually comes back fast, especially spanish, easy language if any, almost as easy as english, of course common english, not literary one

Would you want to change from grey dial to blue one? Some member here said a guy paid 1.5/2k for a blue dial on his white 5711, I would do it

I really can't imagine that there would be nothing at all, what a huge disappointment this would be, In any case I will have what I want from Patek, so don't think it will change anything for me, like most I would love a LE but am not in the client category who would get them in any case, told my AD that if there is, doubt it, and if by miracle he can get one, to please try to get one for me, maybe Swiss AD's have a little more advantages than others, but would think only Geneva would allocate a LE piece, and to pay 2-3 times retail not for me...
Old 21 May 2016, 02:50 PM   #116
martinr
"TRF" Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (50.1 KB, 285 views)
Old 21 May 2016, 05:10 PM   #117
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now that was a good morning laugh

Well good for him, that is a good idea, like this those who my posts infuriate will not even be tempted to read or respond, when I don't like someone's post I usually have enough will of mind to not read them or at least not respond, never thought I was so strong willed when I see some hate my posts but can't stop themselves reading and responding

Just don't get why my friend de66's comments have been blocked, because he is my friend, that is a little immature as he didn't attack Martin in any way, like posting the screen capture pic lol, anyways I wish Martin all the best, and many great watches to come

Martin I'll miss you, oh forgot, he can't read my posts
Old 21 May 2016, 09:44 PM   #118
texex91
"TRF" Member

Martin you just reminded of a feature that I exercised myself. A little less BS in my thread viewing will be welcome for me.

Some people act like children and post the same way. The victim mentality is alive and well. More people should take advantage of this feature (please use it on me as well) and drown out any excess noise if your daily read of TRF.

Martin I appreciate your actual insight and comments, as you are a real Patek advocate and owner. You may get snarky comments from some here, but applaud you for taking the high road...Bravo.

Back to Patek talk...hopefully....
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 09:46 PM   #119
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Hi Lapince, I thought your posts were clear.

My prediction is that there will be a yellow gold 5711 sometime, as yg is making a come back and it will complement the rg.

Also. I'd love to see a longer power reserve on the 5711.
kunlun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2016, 10:39 PM   #120
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

the ignore function of one poster would eliminate 80% of posts/threads here on the patek section
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote