The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 25 July 2016, 02:38 AM   #1
JayRobert
Banned

Watch: PP 5204
New for 2017 Patek Philippe

Good Afternoon,
Are there any Patek Philippe insiders who know if there will be anything new and exciting released in 2017? I'm beginning to think that I may wait until next year before I purchase my first PP...
JR
JayRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 02:47 AM   #2
Socal to az
Banned

There is zero sense in waiting. They usually do new releases in like February or March. Let me rephrase- they show new releases in feb or march. Then it takes 6-8 months for those new releases to trickle down to the AD.

And a Patek is not like a car where there are model years and each model year is better than before. Some of the most iconic Pateks are years if not decades old.

Dont wait- if you like a particular model- pull the trigger now. The joy of wearing a Patek on your wrist is worth buying an "older" model.
Socal to az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 02:58 AM   #3
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal to az View Post
There is zero sense in waiting. They usually do new releases in like February or March. Let me rephrase- they show new releases in feb or march. Then it takes 6-8 months for those new releases to trickle down to the AD.

And a Patek is not like a car where there are model years and each model year is better than before. Some of the most iconic Pateks are years if not decades old.

Dont wait- if you like a particular model- pull the trigger now. The joy of wearing a Patek on your wrist is worth buying an "older" model.

This is 100% true! The new releases for this year are just starting to appear. You would be at least a year or more away from anything announced in 2017. Worst would be if you wait and nothing new interests you.
Old 25 July 2016, 03:10 AM   #4
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRobert View Post
Good Afternoon,

Are there any Patek Philippe insiders who know if there will be anything new and exciting released in 2017? I'm beginning to think that I may wait until next year before I purchase my first PP...

JR

If you like something now, buy it and enjoy it. You're on TRF, so it's safe to assume the one you buy now won't be your last. 😉🍻
Old 25 July 2016, 03:11 AM   #5
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
If you are a Nautilus fan just wait until Sep/Oct could be new model out.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 05:18 AM   #6
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
In speaking with several ADs, it seem like they will release a new model or two in Sept/Oct when they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Nautilus.

However I wonder if they will release a watch for first time Patek customers or only for existing clients. We shall wait and see!
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 05:22 AM   #7
Socal to az
Banned

Even if there is a new nautilus- 0 chance a first time owner gets an anniversary edition nautilus. Just buy something you like and in the future can buy more or trade.
Old 25 July 2016, 06:09 AM   #8
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Even if there is a new nautilus- 0 chance a first time owner gets an anniversary edition nautilus. Just buy something you like and in the future can buy more or trade.

You have to amend that a bit. He can get one at a huge premium.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 06:10 AM   #9
Socal to az
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
You have to amend that a bit. He can get one at a huge premium.

Fair enough.
Old 25 July 2016, 11:49 AM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Even if he has little chance of getting one for a while, I'd still wait as it could affect all future buying plans, and only a couple of months now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 01:39 PM   #11
Jareddad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You never know. He may be a special customer of the AD buying tons of other stuff. But I would agree, if a regular guy walks into an AD and wants a special Patek, there is 0 chance he will get one.
Jareddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 02:35 PM   #12
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareddad View Post
You never know. He may be a special customer of the AD buying tons of other stuff. But I would agree, if a regular guy walks into an AD and wants a special Patek, there is 0 chance he will get one.
As a general rule yes ...but...we have a TRF member who got a 5131J as a first purchase ...it did take 8 years but he hung in there and got it!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 02:40 PM   #13
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
That would still take a few months to ship and then you are smack into Baselworld 2017 and might as well wait to see what those releases are.

My heart says that if you are prepared to wait for something you haven't seen, that means you haven't seen something that you truly love...then you just buying for the sake of a brand name..and might as well get anything that's available in the AD that you work into that's within your budget...
Old 25 July 2016, 03:29 PM   #14
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Bingo, if not then buy don't wait
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2016, 03:36 PM   #15
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
In speaking with several ADs, it seem like they will release a new model or two in Sept/Oct when they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Nautilus.

However I wonder if they will release a watch for first time Patek customers or only for existing clients. We shall wait and see!
Well I am buying 2 that I of course wanted, one on August 3rd and the other in October, but am paying both in a few days, makes the AD happy, but also to have a small chance of getting a new Nautilus if something comes out, about a LE edition the AD told méthere would be low chançes of him getting one, but you never know, after these 2 I am on 2 lists with him for 1 very hard to get and one almost impossible to get PP, should get both. One in 2017 the other in 2018, but my dream would be a LE Nautilus, of course if I like it, but if they made some I would imagine they would be amazing
Old 25 July 2016, 10:40 PM   #16
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Well I am buying 2 that I of course wanted, one on August 3rd and the other in October, but am paying both in a few days, makes the AD happy, but also to have a small chance of getting a new Nautilus if something comes out, about a LE edition the AD told méthere would be low chançes of him getting one, but you never know, after these 2 I am on 2 lists with him for 1 very hard to get and one almost impossible to get PP, should get both. One in 2017 the other in 2018, but my dream would be a LE Nautilus, of course if I like it, but if they made some I would imagine they would be amazing
Arnaud, we look forward to your incoming of the 5712/1A and 5167R that you mentioned you are receiving in a different thread. I think they are both nice pieces. I hope the relationship with your AD is a beginning of a great relationship where one day they will offer you a LE Nautilus.
Old 25 July 2016, 11:14 PM   #17
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
How can you get an impossible watch in 2018? It wouldn't be impossible? Even a 5131J my AD can't tell me what year (if ever) it's arriving?
Old 26 July 2016, 01:15 AM   #18
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
In your previous post you listed 5 different models and some even in multiple metals that you were considering. Now you are asking if anything special is coming in 2017. It seems to me like you are not sold on any of the current models and there is nothing wrong with that. (I'm assuming you have seen all in person on your previous list) IMO, The fun part of buying a watch of this magnitude is doing the research and trying on many pieces and finding out what YOU like best. Happy Hunting!
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2016, 01:23 AM   #19
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

If I were to make a prediction for 2017, I would say they will release a new Aquanaut for their 20 year Anniversary. But I am not an insider not have any connections to Patek, so it would be pure speculation.

We can see what Patek does for the 40 year Anniversary of the Nautilus in the coming months and then speculate on what they may do for the Aquanaut anniversary next year.
Old 26 July 2016, 01:46 AM   #20
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
If I were to make a prediction for 2017, I would say they will release a new Aquanaut for their 20 year Anniversary. But I am not an insider not have any connections to Patek, so it would be pure speculation.

We can see what Patek does for the 40 year Anniversary of the Nautilus in the coming months and then speculate on what they may do for the Aquanaut anniversary next year.
Oh grief here comes a platinum or a chrono but yes I am sure they will have something for 20 like they did for the AC
Old 26 July 2016, 01:57 AM   #21
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Arnaud, we look forward to your incoming of the 5712/1A and 5167R that you mentioned you are receiving in a different thread. I think they are both nice pieces. I hope the relationship with your AD is a beginning of a great relationship where one day they will offer you a LE Nautilus.
Thanks mate, am quite happy with the 2 incoming. About the LE it would be a total miracle if I could one day have one, the quantities will be cery low and only the too clients will have a shot, needless to say I will never be a top PP client, will have 3, maybe with a lot of luck the super hard to get, am hoping but kind of doubt it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
How can you get an impossible watch in 2018? It wouldn't be impossible? Even a 5131J my AD can't tell me what year (if ever) it's arriving?
Oh he didn't guarantee anything Karl, he said it is possible and if yes it should be 2018, but he told me he couldn't give me any guarantee as to wether I will get it or not, he said chances are good but no certainty, the one in 2017 is hard to get but nothing compared to the last one, maybe I'll get it maybe not, hope I will.
5131J??? I thought they were finished with YG on this model?
i prefer the WG, then RG and last YG on the 5131, the platinum if they make one should be amazing, and ultra rare.
Old 26 July 2016, 02:44 AM   #22
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Thanks mate, am quite happy with the 2 incoming. About the LE it would be a total miracle if I could one day have one, the quantities will be cery low and only the too clients will have a shot, needless to say I will never be a top PP client, will have 3, maybe with a lot of luck the super hard to get, am hoping but kind of doubt it...

Oh he didn't guarantee anything Karl, he said it is possible and if yes it should be 2018, but he told me he couldn't give me any guarantee as to wether I will get it or not, he said chances are good but no certainty, the one in 2017 is hard to get but nothing compared to the last one, maybe I'll get it maybe not, hope I will.
5131J??? I thought they were finished with YG on this model?
i prefer the WG, then RG and last YG on the 5131, the platinum if they make one should be amazing, and ultra rare.
Correct...start on J now in R will get when it becomes P!! Agree 100% on WG 5131 no idea why such a short production period. They can't even confirm if the first batches of 5930's will be released in October!
Old 26 July 2016, 04:40 AM   #23
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

I'd recommend waiting until you know exactly the model you want. It doesn't sound like you really know yet.
masyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2016, 05:44 AM   #24
mzmonzon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116719, PP 5726A
Agree to the above. It was a journey for me to get my 5726. Took a lot of flips to get it. But it's been etched in my mind since I joined this forum. It was pure joy when I got it. You just need to know what you really want first. I may regret getting it now since it's the AC's 20th and naut's 40th at the same time. But then, I think to myself, I will end up never getting it if I kept waiting for a newer one to come. In the end, I got the piece I've been lusting for for over 2 years and I'm ecstatic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mzmonzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2016, 06:59 AM   #25
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
the only Nautilus d keep my hearbeat soaring is the original monoblocque case w a cal.240 movemenent.

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2016, 10:06 AM   #26
lapince
"TRF" Member

Patek every year releases at least one exciting model, every year Karl buys it, 5524, 5930, if you like Nautilus models there should be in September, wait till then if nothing then buy what you want.
Best thing is to ask here for an AD, most members are in good terms with one and that helps a lot, mine was recommended by de66 and the AD is really cool
Old 26 July 2016, 01:51 PM   #27
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Patek every year releases at least one exciting model, every year Karl buys it, 5524, 5930, if you like Nautilus models there should be in September, wait till then if nothing then buy what you want.
Best thing is to ask here for an AD, most members are in good terms with one and that helps a lot, mine was recommended by de66 and the AD is really cool
Now I thought there would be a September reveal as I was invited to that cocktail party. However a spanner in the works. Whilst organising my Geneva Salon trip for 24/9 (10 days after supposed cocktail party launch) I subtly asked if they could show me the new nautilus collection at the salon. They advised that nothing would be shown until October! Now I don't know who to believe!